Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LVII - Live Chat Thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

Just now, Raja said:

I expected more arm strength on the throw. Perhaps he should have run more during the half  like when Vince Young of Texas stopped USC's national championship  in the 2006 Rose Bowl.

He definitely should have. 

Also, that's my favorite Rose Bowl ever. 

• Like 1

Sort of cackling at the douche Eagles coach who lost. He seemed extra douchey today for some reason, but maybe because there was zen Andy Reid on the other side.

But now we have to deal with Mahomes’ awful family. 

Edited by twoods
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
2 minutes ago, twoods said:

Sort of cackling at the douche Eagles coach who lost. He seemed extra douchey today for some reason, but maybe because there was zen Andy Reid on the other side.

But now we have to deal with Mahomes’ awful family. 

Uh ... I haven't really followed. Why does everyone hate Mahomes' wife?

1 minute ago, AimingforYoko said:

Except for Hurts, they're all in the AFC. (I don't count Fields in that group....yet)

Yes, that's true. Some Niners fans would say Brock Purdy, but I'm far from sold on him.

There might be a period of years, as was the case a while back, where the AFC championship game was the de facto Super Bowl because the NFC was so lacking.

Congrats to the Chiefs and their fans. I think that tonight was a good and entertaining game. Even though they lost the Eagles and Jalen Hurts had a heck of a season. I feel bad for Jalen, he seems like a really nice young man. Overall, he played very well tonight and helped keep the Eagles in it. But Patrick Mahomes had a big second half and the Chiefs pulled off the win. Maybe Jalen will return to the Super Bowl again at some point and possible win.

Also, I am happy that Andy Reid won another title. He is an awesome coach. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Uh ... I haven't really followed. Why does everyone hate Mahomes' wife?

Very thirsty on Instagram, and always shit talking to other players. Then she sprayed champagne once on a bunch of fans. Just very obnoxious, but I think his brother is worse.

• Like 10
  • Useful 4
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

I appreciate Presidents Day, but I wish it was right after the Super Bowl. But then that’d mean the NFL would affect the calendar. Too much power.

Ha! I just realized that's why my niece's school's chose tomorrow for one of the teachers' in-service days (or curriculum day, as some call it)! I thought it was kind of weird since it means two short weeks in a row.

That Philly parade would of been a lot of fun to watch. Now, we're going to get a crummy, meh, & a whole lot less exciting Kansas City parade. Yay.

😒

I wonder how Tyreek Hill is feeling right now.

Edited by Magog

I was watching the game with my sister, who does not follow football at all, and she thought the game was rigged for the Chiefs to win.  And yes, I think the NFL wanted the Chiefs/Patrick Mahomes to win and were going to get that outcome one way or another.  It was really frustrating to watch.

• Like 2

The Chiefs scored on every single possession they had in the second half. They weren’t even aided by penalties until the end of the game. If you can’t stop them, you’re not going to win.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
2 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

I was watching the game with my sister, who does not follow football at all, and she thought the game was rigged for the Chiefs to win. 

If you don't follow football at all, what would give you a reason to think it was rigged?  If you don't follow football, do you understand penalties, or the elements of a completed catch?  What else was there of even the slightest controversy?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1