Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LVII - Live Chat Thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Calvada said:

What's everyone eating and drinking for the game?  It's pizza and bourbon at the Calvada household.  

Chili-mac and cornbread here.  And red wine.  Then, more red wine.  

Possibly ice cream at halftime.

Edited by ebk57
1 minute ago, Black Knight said:

I'm sure the Chiefs really appreciate all the bulletin board material the Niners gave the Eagles. I had a feeling the Eagles would score on their first possession, between the Niners' whining and Hurts's losing MVP to Mahomes.

Does anybody actually think about that stuff when they're on the field, or do they play the way they've been coached?  Especially since it wasn't the Chiefs who whined, but the Niners.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

TWO scores! Kansas City Gronk gets the points!

Ew no Travis is his very own man.

There is a whole-ass generation of adults who do not know that the E*trade babies are a remake.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Does anybody actually think about that stuff when they're on the field, or do they play the way they've been coached?  Especially since it wasn't the Chiefs who whined, but the Niners.

Enough players have talked over the seasons about "bulletin board material" motivating them that I'm comfortable it's a factor. And no, the Chiefs weren't the ones who did the whining, but the Niners were saying stuff about how the Chiefs would expose the Eagles/Hurts and such. Definitely stuff to get the Eagles fired up and want to prove they belong in the Super Bowl.

Glad this game isn't a blow-out so far. I want a good, exciting game first and foremost.

Just now, Black Knight said:

Enough players have talked over the seasons about "bulletin board material" motivating them that I'm comfortable it's a factor.

Yet, on the other hand, we always hear about if the wind blows too hard how everything is a 'distraction'. If they can't get motivated and need the material? 

13 minutes ago, Calvada said:

What's everyone eating and drinking for the game?  It's pizza and bourbon at the Calvada household.

I'm away from home and watching by myself.  It's an 8 ounce bag of shareable M&Ms for me, which I do not have to share!!  

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Enough players have talked over the seasons about "bulletin board material" motivating them that I'm comfortable it's a factor.

I wouldn't read too much into one drive. 

Yeah, that lame T-mobile ad wasn't totally scripted. 

15 minutes ago, Calvada said:

The kids plowed through the pringles we get every year and I’m making Chinese Chili for the 4th quarter.

• Like 3

So T-Mobile just threw some outtakes together and called it an ad?  Watching someone mess up lines is hilarious?

I love Clueless so I can’t be mad at Alicia continuing to rake in that sweet sweet cash, even if I have no desire to use Rakuten.

• Like 2
Just now, mojoween said:

So T-Mobile just threw some outtakes together and called it an ad?  Watching someone mess up lines is hilarious?

Her nagging Bradley about how bad he looked in a pink shirt was funny to me. 

• Like 1
Just now, mojoween said:

I love Clueless so I can’t be mad at Alicia continuing to rake in that sweet sweet cash, even if I have no desire to use Rakuten.

The "outtakes" were so predictable, I thought the whole thing was scripted. 

Rakuten, the former E-bates, is actually fairly decent.  I don't use it much these days but back in the day I got some nice rebates.

3 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

The Bradley Cooper ad was funny.

The line about never winning made it.

2 minutes ago, Popples said:

Clueless Rakuten best commercial of the night.

It was going great until the end, which I found odd, like they didn't know how to end it.