Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: After the Altar Part 2

• Start Topic

I can't figure out why Alexa and Brennan are so involved in the Cole/Zanab drama.  I know they're saying it's because Alexa and Zanab are close but I feel that there has to be more to it than that.  The amount of hostility that Brennan shows Cole, it's like he did something to him personally.  It's weird.

Alexa's dress was...a choice.  I hate dresses like that.  I feel they always look tacky.  And something seems really off about Alexa's entire family situation.  All the comments her dad is making to Brennan.  The fact that Alexa wore a see-through dress around her dad.  Alexa and her step-mom being the same age.  Just kinda everything about them makes me uncomfortable.

Colleen and Matt are such a trainwreck.  They just seem to be passive aggressively trading insults all the time and it's obvious that they don't enjoy being together.  Just annul the marriage and move on with your lives.  Also, Matt straight up seems like a functioning alcoholic to me.  

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

I know they're saying it's because Alexa and Zanab are close but I feel that there has to be more to it than that.

I’m thinking Alexa thinks if Cole thinks Zanab is fat what does he think of her?  

24 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Excuse my expression but what the fuck is wrong with Cole. That stuff with the stepmom is just beyond tone deaf.

I was thinking the dad was going to come over and punch him.

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’m thinking Alexa thinks if Cole thinks Zanab is fat what does he think of her?  

I was thinking the dad was going to come over and punch him.

Well...I mean,I think Alexa is an attractive woman but some of her styling choices are just bizarre. Including walking around ass out in front of friends and family.

Cole was a lucky man that day.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

Alexa's dress was...a choice.  I hate dresses like that.  I feel they always look tacky. 

Yeah, even Kate Middleton couldn't really carry that look off, and she was a skinny teenager in that fashion show.

ETA: Zanab's hair looked fabulous at that party. Alexa's hair....not so much. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Alexa and Brennon have this smug attitude that annoys me.  Brennon has no reason to have such a huge hate for Cole.  If he doesn't care for him that is fine. But he keeps going on about it like Cole personally hurt him in some unforgiveable way.  Alexa and her family money gives her an attitude that Brennon seems to have adopted.  Alexa does think highly of herself.  That dress was not made for that party.  It would have been fine if she was at a beach party or maybe at the Grammys.  But it was such a show-off out of place dress for the event.  

I still do not like Zanab.  She broke up with Cole.  Why is she so worried about looking hot for Cole at this party?  She needs to move on.  

• Like 8

Some of the girls were definitely doing the “revenge” dressing. Sometimes I wonder if Cole has a below average iq. He seems so dense. Zanab just needs to stay away from him instead of trying to get what she wants from him. Not a fan of hers, either. She needs to grow up and just live her life. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

That or he could be like a lot of people when they're in a stressful situation,  they just babble uncontrollably.

I agree. Based on the way the world is split on this, and how both Zanab and Cole get dragged depending on that split, I think Cole knew he was walking into a difficult situation. Especially based on the fact that the majority of this group (All the women, and Brennen are not just Team Zanab but also can be pretty douchy to Cole to his face for absolutely no reason....like Brennen). I don't fault him whatsoever for being uncomfortable and acting very awkwardly because of it. In any normal situation, a person would be able to separate himself form a situation in order to heal and work on himself. Unfortunately because of this show and its need to continue to create situations like this, he will never be able to get away from this, and the thing is it wasn't all his fault. Zanab shares in the blame for what happened but she gets to show up to things with the full support of all of her girlfriends who are looking out for her. 

I think it is great that Alexa has the self confidence to wear a dress like that. I think though that unfortunately there are times when it is just not the right dress for you or for the occasion. Both Alexa and Nancy are very beautiful women but they have absolutely terrible style and they sometimes wear things that just do not do them any favors. 

• Like 8
On 2/11/2023 at 10:34 PM, HerkyJerky said:

That or he could be like a lot of people when they're in a stressful situation,  they just babble uncontrollably.

I agree.  I think Cole is purposely playing dumb to not get in more conflicts with Zainab.  That is all she wants to do.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I agree.  I think Cole is purposely playing dumb to not get in more conflicts with Zainab.  That is all she wants to do.

I'm not a fan of Cole. Zaneb was right to dump him... because they were a horrible pair. She took everything he said and turned it around on him. There were times when it was warranted, but other times it was not. He couldn't say anything without her misconstruing it. They were just a toxic match. 

• Like 5

Brennon is a gaping asshole.  There I said it.  In what world does he have a right to talk down to Cole that way about what went down between him and Zay.  He didn’t like the way it went down… uh, newsflash Zay said no to Cole and proceeded to eviscerate and embarrass him in front of everyone.  His anger at Cole is bizarre.  If this was the energy they were bringing it was rude to invite him.  That is just nasty and inhospitable.

Cole is an idiot.  Yes.  But you can see how uncomfortable he was.  It was gross how he was trying to be cordial and people were not giving him the cordiality back.   Like I said, inhospitable and serves no purpose except to show that you know how to be a bully.  NGL, I thought his word vomit to Alexa's stepmom was funny.  Hey, it's not like I didn't say the same thing  when they first showed her, but I have the luxury of being on my couch.  And to his defense, she did say 'Mom' at first before correcting it to 'Stepmom.'  But he just went on.  LOL.  For once, Bartise did some good by getting him the fuck out of there. 

Sorry but that party felt tacky as hell.  Alexa’s dress was not cute. Lingerie as evening wear has been played out since 2003.  But beyond the dated look of the dress, it was simply not flattering.  The addition of the sheer  gloves was giving me stripper wear. And not high quality stripper wear.

Oh Zanab. Why do you need to look HOT AF for Cole?  Why are you dressing for a man who you say disrespected you?   You have had nothing to do with him for a year but suddenly your entire well being at this  party is dependent upon him.  Make it make sense.

I feel like she and Nancy absolutely internalized the fact that their chosen men did not think they were the prettiest girls in the room.  Bartise, imo was way worse about it than Cole.  Bartise actually constantly TOLD other people he did not find Nancy attractive.  Cole only ever said he thought Colleen was more his physical type to Zainab and only at her request or goading.  In both  cases the women  are doing this over the top fashion with blonde highlights and the extensions and pillow lips.  In Nancy’s case it is coming out in an extra neediness toward Bartise and trying to seek his approval of her looks and to prove she can pull him back.  In Zanab’s case it is coming out in a more negative way, belittling and snide remarks. She wants to punish Cole and show him that she really is a 10, not a 9.  In either case it is pretty sad.  It has been a whole ass year.  I am sure the show coming out and the public scrutiny has kept it feeling more immediate, but really they had been apart a long time before the public had ever heard of them.

Like Brennon, my overall opinion of Zanab has fared the worst over the course of the show.  I was initially really liking and rooting for them both, but now I think they are probably sunken down to just above Matt and Bartise in my estimation.  These four have mainly soured a fun show for me.  They made Season 3 trash, imo.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
22 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Brennon is a gaping asshole. 

Absolutely!  

I also really have this pet peeve of people in couples who take up their significant others' battle when they so clearly have zero idea what they're talking about.  Just so gloriously unintelligent.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
28 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

In Zanab’s case it is coming out in a more negative way, belittling and snide remarks. She wants to punish Cole and show him that she really is a 10, not a 9.  In either case it is pretty sad.  It has been a whole ass year.  I am sure the show coming out and the public scrutiny has kept it feeling more immediate, but really they had been apart a long time before the public had ever heard of them.

Like Brennon, my overall opinion of Zanab has fared the worst over the course of the show.  I was initially really liking and rooting for them both, but now I think they are probably sunken down to just above Matt and Bartise in my estimation.  These four have mainly soured a fun show for me.  They made Season 3 trash, imo.

Yes, yes, yes.  Her language towards Cole astounded me.  She is still doing this?  She is still trying to make Cole cower, apologize, beg, admit he was wrong.  GIVE. IT. UP.

This is why Cole was 'acting dumb'.  He just wanted to end the conversation and tried several times.  He thought she would be gracious, she refused, he clammed up.

• Like 7

I don't think Zanab would have been happy with anyone.  Her inner voice is always saying how unworthy, unattractive, etc. she is.  It doesn't matter what Cole could have done differently, she's the one with the issues.

So glad Nancy dumped Baptise, he was a lousy husband but also had no redeeming qualities as a potential friend.  Why she gave him a year I have no idea.

Would like to hear the real story on SK and Raven, not just what is said in the tabloids.  I also don't think she'd be very easy to get along with, she always came across as artificial, putting on a persona.

Matt and Colleen just no words, they sound like high school freshmen.  They deserve each other and definitely are not ready for kids.

• Like 3
On 2/11/2023 at 12:04 AM, Snapdragon said:

Alexa and her step-mom being the same age.  

Technically there is 6 years difference...Alexa is 27 and stepmom is 33.  But truthfully, stepmom's face at times looks like she's in her 40s.  I seriously wonder if she has lied about her age to Alexa's dad this whole time. Not to say she's not attractive, but with too much makeup on, she looks significantly older.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, jabRI said:

I don't think Zanab would have been happy with anyone.  Her inner voice is always saying how unworthy, unattractive, etc. she is.  It doesn't matter what Cole could have done differently, she's the one with the issues.

Yeah. In retrospect, I think Cole and Zanab were doomed the minute she asked him to rate her against the other girls.  Why would you do this? I can't think of any other person on the show that has done this. 

But I think that poisoned (to her) the entire relationship from there on out. And I think if she had picked any other guy she would have asked the same question.  The only difference would have been if he'd responded differently than Cole.

• Like 4

Who has a giant, extremely expensive birthday party for themselves at....28?  With a tiered wedding type cake?

Smells of producer show setup, a way to get the couples together, have the women "revenge dress" for their exes.

Nancy tried too hard.  Bartisse just isn't into her.  No crying, no justifying to your mom.  Glad she finally told him.

Alexa looked ridiculous in that Frederick's of Hollywood wanna-be getup.  Nothing to do with her figure; I'd say the same if Raven traipsed around showing her thong undies.

Brennon has a mean, angry streak, which came out with his discussion to Cole.  The news story about his assault of an ex (of course, dismissed, whatevs) now makes sense.  

Cole didn't really do anything wrong.  No, he wasn't as attracted to Zanab as he'd have been to Colleen initially, but he owned up to what he initially said, and tried to make Zanab feel attractive.  Zanab has problems that go deeper than extensions and a new dress, and her ugly manner of speaking to him, condescending to him as though he was a 9 year old, defined this.  Still wagging her finger at him:  Cole, you're such a bad boy.  Glad Cole didn't fall into the trap.

• Like 3