Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E14: Lights, Camera, Sabotage!

jewel21
  • Start Topic

With only four chefs left, they will be challenged to create a stunning seafood dish that will be featured in Entertainment Weekly. At dinner service, each chef takes turns running the pass while Chef Ramsay tests their attention to detail with sabotages. One chef will not survive the test.

Airdate: 02/02/2023

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Dafne?  Over Sommer?  Not the choice I thought was going to be made.

I was very surprised too.  Sommer didn't start out well but she had come a long way.  I thought she was a lot more mature than Dafne.  Gordon's complimentary comments to her didn't seem to match up with what I had just watched.  I imagine she'll go next.  I can't imagine that Gordon will put an inexperienced young woman in charge of a new restaurant.

• Like 2

I'm shocked too it was Dafne that made it to the next round over Sommer.  When Gordon was saying how strong she was at the pass and how control she was I was baffled.  Were there scenes not shown because I thought she was the worst of all 4.  She had no voice, looked to Christine for help, laughed when a sabotage was found and then couldn't grasp 3 entrees when there should have been 4  Alejandro was the best by far of all 4. He took command, didn't fall for any sabotage and ran the kitchen.  I hope Sommer takes Gordon up on his offer.  

• Like 4

I was glad when both Alejandro and Alex went to the finale.  Didn't know which of Sommer or Dafne would go to the finale.  They both had strengths and weaknesses.  I think that the narrative from Alejandro that Sommer talked over Dafne may be more important than it first appeared.  Gordon may have thought that Sommer was trying to sabotage Dafne and Gordon is the only one who gets to do that...

Also, Sommer's final four competition fish dish really seemed like an imitation of the photo that Gordon showed them to introduce that challenge, so maybe that worked against her.

I was impressed with all four of the finalists-they ended up being a strong group.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MyMaui said:

I'm shocked too it was Dafne that made it to the next round over Sommer.  When Gordon was saying how strong she was at the pass and how control she was I was baffled.  Were there scenes not shown because I thought she was the worst of all 4.  She had no voice, looked to Christine for help, laughed when a sabotage was found and then couldn't grasp 3 entrees when there should have been 4  Alejandro was the best by far of all 4. He took command, didn't fall for any sabotage and ran the kitchen.  I hope Sommer takes Gordon up on his offer.  

Alejandro missed the lentil swap.

• Like 1

That's interesting, I wasn't shocked at all that Sommer was the next to go, in fact I was expecting it before going into this episode.  I felt that she was a little rough cut in her interpersonal skills.  Not horrible, but compared to the others she was a notch under.  Let's not forget how she tangled with Abe weeks ago.  Even in this episode she showed some weakness in the leadership area especially in questioning Dafne when she was in charge.  That stuff really matters to Gordon.  I can see why he showered her with high praise, though.  Give her a couple of years and she will probably mature out of that.

Was I the only person that noticed a possible spoiler as to who the final two will be in the coming attractions for the finale at the end of this episode?  I'm putting my thoughts on this in a spoiler box below.

Spoiler

If those were the hands of the actual final two on the doorknobs they focused in on, I'm betting that Alex was right that he and Dafne are going to be the final two because he wears a think, dark band on his wrist like one of the hands had, plus the other hand looked smaller and thinner, meanwhile Alejandro has very obviously heavier arms and hands with very noticeable tattoos all down them that were not on either of the hands shown.

• Like 3

I really thought Summer was going to get that one only because Daphne seemed so flustered. There have been times it seems that Gordon favors her for some reason. I'd love to see Alex and Alejandro in the final, but the powers that be will always prefer male against female instead of talent against talent.

On 2/4/2023 at 3:05 AM, Such A Flirt said:

Yeah, if those were the real hands, that was a spoiler.

Dafne is annoying as hell.

I'm still going with Alex. He has more experience from actually owning a restaurant.

Alex deserves the win a lot. He is more experienced and skilled than the others.

• Like 2
On 2/3/2023 at 2:46 AM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Sommer's awfully abrasive. Her idea of being assertive is to literally yell at people, and it seemed like she was always stirring up drama.

I'd be surprised if Alex doesn't win it.

I think that was Sommer's youth and inexperience coming out. She was probably worried that GR didn't see her as a leader because of her youth, so she overcompensated. The best leaders can lead quietly. Not that she was going to win anyway, but her yelling at people really highlighted that she's not ready yet. 

Alex has looked like an obvious winner from the very first show. He has strong cooking skills, a good personality, and the experience of having owned and run his own restaurant. In fact, he's looked like such an obvious winner that it almost makes me think he won't get it. Because the show will need to come up with a surprise ending. 

• Like 1