Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Andy

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

FlkYNGSXoAIwaxK?format=jpg&name=4096x409
The MPU works to track down the kidnapped son of a doctor, but the case takes a turn when his mother gets in direct contact with the kidnapper; Kemi expresses her concerns for Sidney's wellbeing to Nikki and Jason.

Premiere Date: Monday, January 23, 2023      9pm     FOX
Lydia Zadel
alert-episode-4d.jpg

This show is complete and utter trash! Tonight’s episode was the first (and last) I ever saw and I needed to rant!  

I cannot believe that lady didn’t report the original abduction! I was outraged. I don’t care how bad of mom the bio mom was, that lady had no right to steal her child. If she had called the police in the last incident, the mom would have been arrested for child neglect, CPS would have gotten involved, and she probably could have gotten the kid that way. 

I was just disgusted with the way the show handled her crime and with the main lady’s behavior. The guy reaming her out at the end was right, but she needs to be disciplined or fired! 

ETA: Oh, and that one lady practicing her hoodoo/voodoo at her desk?!?!?! 🤣 What?!? That was insane and nowhere near realistic! 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, lala2 said:

This show is complete and utter trash! Tonight’s episode was the first (and last) I ever saw and I needed to rant!  

I cannot believe that lady didn’t report the original abduction! I was outraged. I don’t care how bad of mom the bio mom was, that lady had no right to steal her child. If she had called the police in the last incident, the mom would have been arrested for child neglect, CPS would have gotten involved, and she probably could have gotten the kid that way. 

I was just disgusted with the way the show handled her crime and with the main lady’s behavior. The guy reaming her out at the end was right, but she needs to be disciplined or fired! 

ETA: Oh, and that one lady practicing her hoodoo/voodoo at her desk?!?!?! 🤣 What?!? That was insane and nowhere near realistic! 

Funny thing is, I think it's the best episode so far (not that I don't have the same problems). Either I've gotten used to it, or they're just a tiny bit better. 

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Funny thing is, I think it's the best episode so far (not that I don't have the same problems). Either I've gotten used to it, or they're just a tiny bit better. 

Yeah . . . I've been reading up on this show, and if this episode was an improvement, I cannot imagine the previous ones. LOL! Glad it's getting better for you. I am too angry w/the main lady to watch again. 

• Like 1

Wow this episode was both the best one yet and absolutely terrible all at the same time.

Mike had it right. He is the only likeable character on this show.

I'm mostly just curious about Keith's story, though I can't say I'm surprised that the DNA matched (though it doesn't confirm or rule out that this guy is in fact Keith).

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I’m guessing it will somehow end up being real Keith because it would be strange to continue the show and just have him dead-there is nowhere to go with that especially if he wasn’t kidnapped. They need to cut out stuff with people holding eggs and all the spirit stuff. There is a place for that but not in a police station.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

34 minutes ago, secnarf said:

Wow this episode was both the best one yet and absolutely terrible all at the same time.

Yep, this was exactly what I came to say. It was the best episode yet...but still bad. The sister stuff was at least interesting, and the case was interesting enough. Badly executed, but it went down fairly smoothly. I wasn't as actively aggravated throughout as I was through the previous episodes.

They really do like shooting into cars, don't they? At least no one was in this one. (See? Less aggravating.)

• Like 3

So this week on Alert: Missing Professionalism Unit: We Get Our Babies Back: That's What We Do: We Also Call Distraught Parents Baby and Honey: When We're Not Boning in the Supply Closet or Doing Other Discretionary Personal Things Instead of Looking For the Babies We Always Get Back: And Why Does No One Except Maybe Mike React Emotionally Right to Anything: 50% of Episodes Include Nikki Jumping Great Distances Into Water For the Babies She Always Gets Back: Though Really, Why Does This Police Station   Have a Massive Library of Books Inside: What's In Those Books: Not Anything About Police Procedure, That's For Sure:

They continue to act like Keith is ready to slip right into a normal teenager's life.  Why aren't these idiots putting him in therapy?

I have a very high tolerance for bad shows.  I can get past poor execution if a show has something going for it and does at least some things well, or the actors are good.  This show has none of that.  It's truly terrible.  Monarch was terrible and I found everyone to be ridiculous, but it was also strangely semi-watchable.  Alert is just plain awful.  I understand that The Resident has its own flaws and must be more expensive to produce than Alert, but if FOX renews Alert and cancels The Resident, I have no words.

Scott Caan is just a lump in this role.  I don't find him to be particularly charming in other things, but this show is doing him no favors.  Dania Ramirez is getting more and more unwatchable.  Totally miscast.  I'm sure she's passable in some things (she was fine in Tell Me a Story), but she is terrible here and the character is terrible.

At this point, just introduce June to Mike and let them ride off into the sunset together.  The show should not be so aggravating that it's a total distraction from what people should care about - who is Keith and what really happened.  Is this what Jamie Foxx was going for????

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

I really wasn't paying that much attention when the sister was talking to her friend about "Keith"...I got the impression that they know he's dead because something horrible happened to him while they were supposed to be watching him 13 years ago. So this "Keith" isn't actually the little brother...but why is he there pretending to be their kid?

• Like 3

Based on the ending I'm assuming the sister believes Keith drowned in the lake, and her phone call at the end is an attempt to finally have the body discovered.

At this point I hope Keith isn't a fake...I hope he's a vengeful spirit from the grave (or lake)! Going full on X-files couldn't make the show any crazier.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
16 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I really wasn't paying that much attention when the sister was talking to her friend about "Keith"...I got the impression that they know he's dead because something horrible happened to him while they were supposed to be watching him 13 years ago. So this "Keith" isn't actually the little brother...but why is he there pretending to be their kid?

And how did he get all that information about Keith.

Also, what bothered me a bit is that the baby hair that was used in the DNA test (which supposedly came from FakeKeith switching it) wasn't the color of his hair. My problem isn't that baby hair is lighter, my dark haired children had light colored baby hair, but has he been carrying around baby hair? Also, I'm no expert, but I think they need a root ball on the hair to run DNA.

On 1/24/2023 at 7:55 PM, jabRI said:

New drinking game 'we always get our babies back'

I hate to say it, but eventually they’re going to have to kill off a kid. They don’t all come back. 

• Like 3

I figured the ending decision by Nikki to suppress the kidnapping by the nurse mom would be controversial. Boy that was a bad call and overshadows the entire episode and maybe the whole show. At least Mike expressed his misgivings and stepped away for the night. I already have a lot of issues with this show and this may just tip me over into giving up

• Like 1