Type keyword(s) to search

Gabriel and Isabel

• Start Topic

Gabe, 34 (FLORIDA) is a budding entrepreneur who travels to Colombia for work. He meets Isabel, 30 (COLOMBIA) who accepts him for who he is, a transgender man. As their relationship fortifies, so do their fears of acceptance.

Edited by greekmom
ages matter
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

I found his Youtube and he has been Detransitioning and off testosterone.  Wonder if that will make it on the Tell All.

Did you watch the video? He's not detransitioning.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I didn't watch the whole thing but it looks to me like Gabe made another careless decision about traveling with his meds, then just decided not to bother to get them filled in Miami because he didn't have insurance? That would explain his lack of facial hair in the Tell All preview and I'm willing to bet it will be addressed at some point in great detail! 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

I didn't watch the whole thing but it looks to me like Gabe made another careless decision about traveling with his meds, then just decided not to bother to get them filled in Miami because he didn't have insurance? That would explain his lack of facial hair in the Tell All preview and I'm willing to bet it will be addressed at some point in great detail! 

I watched it.  He doesn’t have health insurance and the testosterone is cheap in Colombia.  He came to Miami for three months and customs seized the testosterone because the bottle didn’t have his name on it.  He said that the testosterone would cost $300 in the US plus a $150 doctor visit and he preferred to spend the $450 on his underwear business.  When he returned to Colombia after the three months he resumed the testosterone.  He doesn’t get a period when he is off the testosterone because he had a hysterectomy.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I did see the part when he said it was a “full bottle” that was confiscated. If he was traveling with a recently filled 90 day supply of such a crucial medication, why wasn’t it in the original prescription bottle? His stories are always a little fishy. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

I did see the part when he said it was a “full bottle” that was confiscated. If he was traveling with a recently filled 90 day supply of such a crucial medication, why wasn’t it in the original prescription bottle? His stories are always a little fishy. 

I don't know about Colombia, but in other countries around there I've been able to get meds that at home are prescription only, without needing one. They just sell it to you as is, so there isn't a name on it. 

Edited by Takitaki
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Takitaki said:

I don't know about Colombia, but in other countries around there I've been able to get meds that at home are prescription only, without needing one. They just sell it to you as is, so there isn't a name on it. 

I think what @magemaud was saying is that he could have moved it from the bottle it was in to a Rx bottle with a prescription label on it if hr had one of course, apologies if I'm mistaken. Maybe he didn't know it would be confiscated or he just didn't think at all which wouldn't exactly be a first on this show. I'm surprised they would confiscate it though, I've traveled with medications in lettle pouches & never even been asked about a prescription, of course he may have been trying to be sneaky about it rather than just saying " I have x medications" and then explaining what it is & why to border patrol or whoever but maybe he just spoke to an asshole, I've dealt with both good & bad while trying to explain something.

I did once have a sniffer dog sit next to my carry on at LAX while waiting in the immigration line after I landed from London, and damn these dogs are amazing, I had an apple in my bag I had forgotten about and you can't bring contraband like that into the country. I was both horrified ( EVERYONE knows why he's sitting there) & then amazed when the agent pulled out the apple from my bag.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Takitaki said:

Thanks for the explanation. I forgot the testosterone was OTC in Colombia and probably not in a prescription bottle with his name on it, but I still wonder why it was flagged any more than a bottle of aspirin. Then again, it was coming from a country known for drug trafficking and Gabe could have been acting suspiciously. This wasn’t his first trip to Colombia so I assume he had traveled with his testosterone before. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Gobi said:

If they thought the drugs were illegal, wouldn’t they arrest him?

I'm totally skeptical about the story but the testosterone itself is not illegal like cocaine, maybe just the bringing them into the country without a prescription is, a bit like my apple story above, I never got arrested for having the apple even though it was illegal to bring it into the country.

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I'm totally skeptical about the story but the testosterone itself is not illegal like cocaine, maybe just the bringing them into the country without a prescription is, a bit like my apple story above, I never got arrested for having the apple even though it was illegal to bring it into the country.

That makes sense, but how would they know it was testosterone if it was in an unlabeled bottle?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Gobi said:

That makes sense, but how would they know it was testosterone if it was in an unlabeled bottle?

It didn't have a prescription label but it may have had a normal label like aspirin would have or he just told them what it was. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

It didn't have a prescription label but it may have had a normal label like aspirin would have or he just told them what it was. 

I think it would go something like this:
“Oh, no, sir. That’s not fentanyl, it’s just testosterone!” 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

There are even some states that won’t let you bring in produce from other states.

5 hours ago, Gobi said:

Is testosterone injected?  If he is coming from Colombia with a fix kit and mysterious substance I guess confiscating it would be the least they could do. 

• Like 3
On 4/21/2023 at 2:44 PM, Welshman in Ca said:

I never got arrested for having the apple even though it was illegal to bring it into the country.

I’ve told my sausage story on here before but I had bought a sausage in the duty free shop and declared it on my Customs form without realizing I was committing a crime by bringing meat into the US. The Beagle sat down by my carryon and I still didn’t know I had done anything wrong until I was pulled out of line, my bag searched and the sausage confiscated. I thought the incident was behind me until I went for a Global Entry interview a couple of years later. It’s on my permanent record and now I am always sent to the special line to have my bag searched like some kind of smuggler. 

On 4/21/2023 at 8:38 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Is testosterone injected?  If he is coming from Colombia with a fix kit and mysterious substance I guess confiscating it would be the least they could do. 

It can be injected or administered via a patch, but since he mentioned they confiscated a “full bottle” I assume he takes it in pill form. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, magemaud said:

I’ve told my sausage story on here before but I had bought a sausage in the duty free shop and declared it on my Customs form without realizing I was committing a crime by bringing meat into the US. The Beagle sat down by my carryon and I still didn’t know I had done anything wrong until I was pulled out of line, my bag searched and the sausage confiscated. I thought the incident was behind me until I went for a Global Entry interview a couple of years later. It’s on my permanent record and now I am always sent to the special line to have my bag searched. 

It can be injected or administered via a patch, but since he mentioned they confiscated a “full bottle” I assume he takes it in pill form. 

Many years ago, I had a supervisor who was British. She was going back home for a visit. I, being the Anglophile that i am, asked if she could bring me just a small bit of British soil. She did but it got confiscated at the airport! Many years forward, a co-worker went to Ireland and she was able to bring me a tiny bit of soil. I guess neither was a great idea, but I never open the container. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

I received a very stern lecture about how I could have single-handedly brought Mad Cow Disease to the US with just ONE spore! 

Because I spent more than 3 months in the UK before 1996, I am prohibited from donating blood (mad cow disease).

• Mind Blown 6
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Because I spent more than 3 months in the UK before 1996, I am prohibited from donating blood (mad cow disease).

Me too!  I'm a grown ass adult (tm Yara) and finally made the decision to donate blood for the first time a few years ago when the Bloodmobile was at my employer.  I steeled myself & drank lots of water, and then after a few minutes in the van they told me I was ineligible.  I guess that's what I get from visiting my now-husband over 10 years while we decided where we'd end up.  Hey, wait a minute!  That's the sensible way to do it.  We should been on this show instead!

...and those customs guys are tricky, too.  "Did you bring back any of those delicious meat pies?"

Edited by Kath94
  • LOL 6
On 4/24/2023 at 2:26 AM, magemaud said:

I’ve told my sausage story on here before but I had bought a sausage in the duty free shop and declared it on my Customs form without realizing I was committing a crime by bringing meat into the US. The Beagle sat down by my carryon and I still didn’t know I had done anything wrong until I was pulled out of line, my bag searched and the sausage confiscated. I thought the incident was behind me until I went for a Global Entry interview a couple of years later. It’s on my permanent record and now I am always sent to the special line to have my bag searched like some kind of smuggler. 

You declared it….I think this is bullshit and I am so sorry you have to deal with this. Doesn’t customs have bigger fish to fry? Yes, agricultural is important but you declared it and bought it at the airport duty free so the oversight isn’t your responsibility IMO. When I was I France during check out they asked me where’d I was travelling, wanted to see my boarding pass etc to ensure everything was above board.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

You declared it….I think this is bullshit and I am so sorry you have to deal with this. Doesn’t customs have bigger fish to fry? Yes, agricultural is important but you declared it and bought it at the airport duty free so the oversight isn’t your responsibility IMO. When I was I France during check out they asked me where’d I was travelling, wanted to see my boarding pass etc to ensure everything was above board.

I thought buying it at duty free meant it was legal not realizing that not everyone who shopped there was going to the US or places that didn’t allow you to bring meat into their country. It would have been nice if there was some kind of sign posted in the DF shop but I guess they’re there to sell products, not police where you’re taking them. I’m sure lots of people just don’t declare meat and take their chances with the sniffer dogs. 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

In fairness it isn't a cashiers job (even in duty free) to know the import law in every country, in fact it's probably impossible for just about anyone to know the law in every country & as I keep hearing ignorance of the law is no excuse, declared or not.

• Like 4

I just figured things sold in DF were legal to travel with past Security (but I admit I was just thinking as an American) and didn’t know there were specific laws prohibiting bringing back ANY kind of meat products, not just that from cows. Of course, ignorance of the law is no excuse. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

In fairness it isn't a cashiers job (even in duty free) to know the import law in every country, in fact it's probably impossible for just about anyone to know the law in every country & as I keep hearing ignorance of the law is no excuse, declared or not.

It is in some countries. You can’t make a purchase without your boarding pass, they scan it and the items and a warning appears if not above board. I thought this was universal but guess I am mistaken.  My friend is a customs agent….it isn’t easy that is for sure. The declaration form also states what is and is not allowed…if items are declared openly with customs and it isn’t indicated on the form as a NO then they should be fine. A lot of folks try to bring in raw meat then lie on the declaration.  Like…why?

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

It is in some countries. You can’t make a purchase without your boarding pass, they scan it and the items and a warning appears if not above board. I thought this was universal but guess I am mistaken.  My friend is a customs agent….it isn’t easy that is for sure. 

I made the purchase in Zurich about 9 years ago, maybe it’s changed (for the better) since then. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
51 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

The declaration form also states what is and is not allowed…

This is not correct.  You are asked "do you have X, Y or Z", the form doesn't say "You may not import X, Y, or Z".  For example, entering the US the question is simply "do you have any food"? That doesn't mean it isn't allowed, only that the agent will want to double check the kind of food.  Where people run afoul of the law is when they check a blanket "no" because "I didn't think they meant that kind of food."  But we're straying off the topic, perhaps because these two are so damned boring.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Quof said:

This is not correct.  You are asked "do you have X, Y or Z", the form doesn't say "You may not import X, Y, or Z".  For example, entering the US the question is simply "do you have any food"? That doesn't mean it isn't allowed, only that the agent will want to double check the kind of food.  Where people run afoul of the law is when they check a blanket "no" because "I didn't think they meant that kind of food."  But we're straying off the topic, perhaps because these two are so damned boring.  

Ah I might be remembering the eGate. I haven’t been to the US in a long time. Back on topic though …damn those drugs are expensive !  Perhaps he should look into some good health insurance (not sure how much it is I’m not American)  but I guess it is moot point if he is moving to Columbia. I like Gabe but he seems to not look before he leaps.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 3
13 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Ah I might be remembering the eGate. I haven’t been to the US in a long time. Back on topic though …damn those drugs are expensive !  Perhaps he should look into some good health insurance (not sure how much it is I’m not American)  but I guess it is moot point if he is moving to Columbia. I like Gabe but he seems to not look before he leaps.

It's a LOT, think yourself lucky.

As for the the scanning of the boarding pass If I remember right from the last time I traveled internationally (2019) they do scan your boarding pass but usually only  to check that you're traveling out of the country but that may depend on the airport as I flew from Heathrow and some terminals only have international flights, especially big British airports.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

It's a LOT, think yourself lucky.

As for the the scanning of the boarding pass If I remember right from the last time I traveled internationally (2019) they do scan your boarding pass but usually only  to check that you're traveling out of the country but that may depend on the airport as I flew from Heathrow and some terminals only have international flights, especially big British airports.

I just flew from Paris to DC on Monday and purchased items at duty free in Paris (not food). They did check my boarding pass when I paid even though I had already gone through security so it seems redundant. That was it though.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

I brought home a boatload of chocolates and other treats when I went to Germany. When we went to DR, we brought back beer, rum, candies and an occasional papaya. 

On 4/26/2023 at 6:48 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

I like Gabe too... I wish him the best. 

• Like 3

Gabe has some of the worst tattoos I've ever seen on this show and that's saying a lot. What is with this woman in a bikini on his upper arm? Her legs look deformed. I wonder if Monica's boyfriend is the "artist." image.png.148725a1d88da754cffa9133dd30bc80.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
11 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Gabe has some of the worst tattoos I've ever seen on this show and that's saying a lot. What is with this woman in a bikini on his upper arm? Her legs look deformed. I wonder if Monica's boyfriend is the "artist." image.png.148725a1d88da754cffa9133dd30bc80.png

Also odd is that he adopts this edgy look but then acts all naive aw-shucks boyish.  In the tell-all preview the usual mugging was on full display.

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, magemaud said:

If he is then he needs to find a new job.

• Like 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Shrek said:

If he is then he needs to find a new job.

somebody does at any rate. I thought Jibri's tats were awful, but Gabe is running neck and neck (tee hee) with him for the worst. There's also that hideous thigh tattoo that looks like Hitler.image.png.aab021e0640b21ea717c6b9eb8a2781d.png

And here's a closeup of his head tattoo (I guess he can always find his way with the compass? image.thumb.png.e52e311980bbd84f029c2b95f7a2ceb7.png

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
56 minutes ago, magemaud said:

somebody does at any rate. I thought Jibri's tats were awful, but Gabe is running neck and neck (tee hee) with him for the worst. There's also that hideous thigh tattoo that looks like Hitler.image.png.aab021e0640b21ea717c6b9eb8a2781d.png

And here's a closeup of his head tattoo (I guess he can always find his way with the compass? image.thumb.png.e52e311980bbd84f029c2b95f7a2ceb7.png

The thigh tattoo looks like Freddy Kruger (seriously).

• Like 4
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

Ink soaking into the brain may explain many things.

3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Oh, you're right, way back on his head! Gabe's skin looks like a chicken's. 

They removed part of his thigh to make the faux peen.

• Useful 1
13 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Ink soaking into the brain may explain many things.

They removed part of his thigh to make the faux peen.

I remember that (in graphic detail) and I guess the tattoo is supposed to disguise the scar but his skin still looks bumpy and chicken skin-like 

• Like 2
On 4/20/2023 at 10:00 AM, magemaud said:

Seriously, he talks about travelling back and forth between North and South America and yet he doesn't know the laws about travelling with prescriptions? Every country has them. Yes he mentions it might cost him $150 which is nothing compared to the medical costs already incurred.  He seems to be a real attention seeker or maybe he has some underling mental health issues who knows, bipolar def comes to mind.  Or he could just be running out of stuff to talk about being another influencer in our world 🙄

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/21/2023 at 12:32 PM, Gobi said:

And ummmm....  I used to be a girl but I forgot to save all my transitioning documents - he is just not too bright!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
On 5/12/2023 at 3:38 PM, endure said:

Seriously, he talks about travelling back and forth between North and South America and yet he doesn't know the laws about travelling with prescriptions

I’m still skeptical about Gabe’s claim that TSA confiscated a full bottle of his meds, unless Florida has some specific laws that require labeled prescriptions. According to their website: “TSA does not require passengers to have medications in prescription bottles, but states have individual laws regarding the labeling of prescription medication with which passengers need to comply.” 
I’ve never had a problem traveling domestically or internationally with my pills in a  daily compartment pill container in my carryon. 
oh wait, my bad, TSA is for LEAVING the US. Customs laws for entering are different: 

“Prescription medications should be in their original containers with the doctor's prescription printed on the container. It is advised that you travel with no more than personal use quantities, a rule of thumb is no more than a 90 day supply.  If your medications or devices are not in their original containers, you must have a copy of your prescription with you or a letter from your doctor.  A valid prescription or doctors note is required on all medication entering the United States.” 
I probably never had a problem because I was returning from a trip and my pill case was empty. Apologies to Gabe for doubting his story, still it wasn’t his first trip back to the US and he should have known better. I can also see him acting all cutesy at Customs and they don’t take any crap from people 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3