Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: WATN: Lacey and Mercedes

• Start Topic

Even after surgery, Lacey's weight loss moves at a glacial pace. She says she wants skin removal surgery, but Dr. Now begins to wonder if she even wants to lose weight. Meanwhile, abandoned in Houston by her cousin, Mercedes and her kids face destitution.

Original air date 2023.01.25

• Like 1

Couldn't watch Live- will catch up on live thread snark, but what a sad episode. Mercedes doesn't deserve those sweet kids, and Lacey will never get a job. Her arms! Looked like she had 2 of each. Gosh, that depressed me.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I have a feeling Mercedes is no longer with us. I’m not a “thoughts and prayers” person but I wish those kids the best, they deserve so much more.

Did she ever say anything about their father(s)?

• Useful 1

Such a relief to find out Mercedes is OK.    

Lacey's mother confuses me, she swings from supportive, to stomping away, to coming back.   I hate to agree with the mother, but some of Lacey's post surgery food is definitely not on the diet.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1

Mercedes was so frustrating to watch.  While trying to convince us she is all in on the plan, she opens a box of nachos piled high with all the good gooey cheese, she side eyes us with that smirk.  Um ok.

Then she goes to Dr Now crying that she has too many issues so she cannot concentrate on what she eats. Um ok.

Dr. Now was very nice and genuinely concerned for her and set her up in temporary hotel.  And tells her to lose x amount of weight next visit.  She shows up with yet another weight gain, crying, feeling sorry for herself but this time Dr. Now is not having it.  

Lacey was better but she too rather sit at home on disability then actually look for a job.  I can imagine it would be hard to give up income that you do not have to work for but come on. I am assuming she is on disability due to her size.  But would that not be true now that she's lost over 300lbs?  Would that be fraud? 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

Mercedes was so frustrating to watch.  While trying to convince us she is all in on the plan, she opens a box of nachos piled high with all the good gooey cheese, she side eyes us with that smirk.  Um ok.

First time she smiled!

Those poor kids!  I turned it off at this point because she turns my stomach.  I don't care if these people eat themselves to death.  What kills me is that they choose to breed when they care about nothing but themselves.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kid said:

Those poor kids!  I turned it off at this point because she turns my stomach.  I don't care if these people eat themselves to death.  What kills me is that they choose to breed when they care about nothing but themselves.

Yes!  It broke my heart to watch them with their mother while Dr. Now is telling her she is going to die if she does not lose the weight.  Then to hear she disappeared for a couple of years without talking to her kids did not sound right.  I thought the worse but apparently, she is alive and well.  Did she lose the weight?

• Like 2

No one is on disability solely due to their size.  It absolutely does not work that way.  To remain on disability, a person needs ongoing doctor's approval.  That approval is based on medical conditions that limit the ability to work.  Weight is not a qualifying condition. To be allowed to look for work, persons on disability also need a signoff from the doctor.  

This forum limits the discussion of disability partly because there is a great deal of misinformation and misunderstanding of how the available programs work and what it takes to qualify.  It is also limited because of speculation that all poundticipants are on disability when in reality very few have been.  Additionally, these discussions can too quickly expand to discussing all persons on disability in a negative way. 

Please be very careful in any discussions related to disability programs.  The topic is only allowed if it has been clearly stated that the poundticipant or a family member is receiving disability payments.  In that case, discussion must be limited solely to the individuals on the show. 

• Love 2

I'm watching the rerun, and feel so sorry for Mercedes's kids.   To be dumped for a new man is so typical for a lot of the adults on this show.    

Lacey is making progress, and doing her best to help her Dad, so I'm hoping she got back on track, and did continue her path back to regaining her health.   I loved the scene where Lacey was meeting with a local doctor about skin removals.  I hope she did meet her goal and have the skin removals, that surgery is rough to get through, but really improves the quality of life.