Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Welcome Back, Bitches!

• Start Topic

So I guess the writers expected the new season to land around November 24th then.

Lolz at Paul's mother asking Georgia which father her kids are spending the day with! It was a very polite way to make her feelings known. If the woman only knew that Georgia is an actual murderer who has already cheated on Paul and stolen from his campaign!

I wanted Ginny to tell her father -- or anyone -- that she thinks her mother killed her stepfather. But at least she told him about the self-harm and she's getting a therapist.

Poor Abby. Even Ginny has Marcus. Abby is entirely alone.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I don't remember what happened with Abby. But I did feel bad for her. Just based on how they played it in this episode, it seemed like whatever she did maybe wasn't as bad as Max was making it out to be. But since I don't remember, maybe I'm wrong.

I think it's really interesting that Ginny doesn't want to tell anyone about her suspicions about Georgia. On some level, she doesn't believe it, or she understands the reason, and doesn't want to blow up her mother's life, and Austin's. But she's not sure, either. So she's protecting Georgia, even though she's also angry. She doesn't seem to be actually afraid of Georgia, or she wouldn't allow Austin to be there, I'm thinking.

• Like 4

ACK! Someone help me!  The lady who plays "Patricia" [Randolph], Paul's mom.  Anybody identify her? I'm sure I've seen her somewhere else before but for the life of me I can't remember.  Top it off - She's not listed ANYWHERE in any cast list - not even IMDB.  

• Like 2
15 hours ago, possibilities said:

I don't remember what happened with Abby. But I did feel bad for her. Just based on how they played it in this episode, it seemed like whatever she did maybe wasn't as bad as Max was making it out to be. But since I don't remember, maybe I'm wrong.

I don't fully remember either but based on what Max said I think Abby must have known about Marcus/Ginny and didn't tell Max.

• Useful 1

I don't even get why Max is so upset about Marcus and Ginny dating in the first place. 

When I was in high school, a friend of mine wanted to set me up with her brother! Neither he nor I were interested; she thought it was a great idea, though.

Edited by possibilities
  • Like 6
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't fully remember either but based on what Max said I think Abby must have known about Marcus/Ginny and didn't tell Max.

Yep. That's it.  And she told Ginny not to tell Max because it would "break MANG" And then when Max found out, she pretended she didn't know.  

Still.  There would be no winning there.  Max was a hot mess because her gfriend just dumped her, so it's not like she would have handled it well at all if Ginny did tell her.  

I can't stand Max.  I think she's such a selfish horrible person.  I'm not sure why that friend group treats her like the queen bee.  She's such a drama queen and often really mean.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, shelley1234 said:

I can't stand Max.  I think she's such a selfish horrible person.  I'm not sure why that friend group treats her like the queen bee.  She's such a drama queen and often really mean.  

I find her extremely obnoxious. 

And I like Ginny more than Georgia.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 1/6/2023 at 7:34 PM, shelley1234 said:

This so much. I hated her last season and if possible, she's gotten even worse. I completely didn't blame Sophie for dumping Max last season and was only amazed she took as long as she did to do it. Max is a privileged, entitled, "it's all about me, me, but let's talk about me some more and how oh so awesome I am..." I needed both Ginny and Abby to tell her to go fuck herself. I will be really disappointed if this season ends without Ginny calling Max out on her shit. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Steph Sometimes said:

And I like Ginny more than Georgia.

How could you possibly not? 

I want to like her, and I can appreciate a lot of the things she's done are to protect and provide for her kids, but she is HORRIBLE.

• Like 1

I don't like Ginny at all. Petulant teenagers aren't my jam. I have given up on shows because of shitty kids and I think this will be the next one. Nothing Ginny has been through comes close to what Georgia has survived. How dare Ginny judge Georgia?  She stole that kids motorcycle and took advantage of Joe. What is Ginny upset about exactly? That Georgia killed the guy that was grooming Ginny? I don't think parents are required to tell their kids every gruesome detail of their lives--I mean let's try to avoid total hypocrisy, but why should your mom have to relive being raped to satisfy your curiosity? There's a line between being a parent and being your own person isn't there? Does a parent forego all privacy? Ginny has a relationship with her father and his parents so it's not as though she has no roots. 

This season Georgia is being written as predatory and I hate that the writers decided that's where they wanted to take the rest of the story. 

Think I'm out.

• Like 4

The father saying he’s a feminist, and then saying that she’s the one you have fun with, notthe one you marry.  The parents sucked.  
clearly I should have done a re-watch, because I can’t remember what happened, aside from them running away, and the revelation that Georgia protected her daughter from a pedophile. 
I do not miss being a teenager.  Not that adults can be much better, when it comes to gossip and exclusion.  

Edited by Anela
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Ginny can be annoying with her teenage moping but I do feel for her. Georgia obviously loves her kids and a lot of her worst actions have been to protect them, but I can see how having her as a mom would be exhausting, having such a chaotic life would be rough for a kid, especially a more quiet one like Ginny. 

This show continues to be so much, its the weirdest mash up of a dramatic story of a troubled woman fleeing her dark past and several felonies, and a quirky dramady about a wacky mother and her serious daughter and them feeling like fish out of water in a small town. 

Teens that I just cannot with? Max, who is a horrible brat, and Marcus, who is still pretentious and self important in a way that only a teenager can be. 

I feel really bad for Abbey, I hope that her friend group ends up taking her side and ditches Max. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The theme music is so hilariously jaunty, which is not what this show is at all.

I feel like half of it is tbh. It really is a weird mash up of Hart of Dixie and like some serious drama about trauma and mental health issues. It somehow works to me though.

2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Ginny can be annoying with her teenage moping but I do feel for her. Georgia obviously loves her kids and a lot of her worst actions have been to protect them, but I can see how having her as a mom would be exhausting, having such a chaotic life would be rough for a kid, especially a more quiet one like Ginny. 

This show continues to be so much, its the weirdest mash up of a dramatic story of a troubled woman fleeing her dark past and several felonies, and a quirky dramady about a wacky mother and her serious daughter and them feeling like fish out of water in a small town. 

Teens that I just cannot with? Max, who is a horrible brat, and Marcus, who is still pretentious and self important in a way that only a teenager can be. 

I feel really bad for Abbey, I hope that her friend group ends up taking her side and ditches Max. 

I feel like they've gone out of their way to make her the anti-Lorelai, after all of the comparisons, before it even aired. 

• Like 2
(edited)
On 1/5/2023 at 11:30 PM, Marvinator said:

ACK! Someone help me!  The lady who plays "Patricia" [Randolph], Paul's mom.  Anybody identify her? I'm sure I've seen her somewhere else before but for the life of me I can't remember.  Top it off - She's not listed ANYWHERE in any cast list - not even IMDB.  

She played Bev on Schitt’s Creek.

I just binged season 1 for the first time and it’s nice to have no wait for season 2 but strangely something feels really different this episode and not in a good way. Can’t put my finger on it. 

I used to enjoy max even though she was over the top but she was a somewhat good friend in season one. She now has no redeeming qualities which is a problem for a character who is already annoying. The way she treated Abby was horrific. Abby had just shared that her parents were divorcing — I’m just disgusted by max’s treatment of her.

I’m also not liking this version of Ginny. Last season they could mix her angst with fun — fun with her mom or her friends. Now it’s just really toxic.

Also Georgia seems different too. These subtle changes have created too much of a tone shift. They had the perfect balance season 1.

I really hope it gets better. 

Edited by SoWindsor
  • Like 1
  • Love 1