Type keyword(s) to search

S02.06: Friendships on Ice

Dirtybubble
  • Start Topic

Anyone: Time to do some work around the house.

Ciara: OK, I'll...go somewhere else.

For some reason the producers are loving showing past season clips of Luke out of context. The "boundaries" discussion happened after Ciara friend zoned Luke, whom she'd known for a couple of years. She did this based on lies from Hannah, whom she'd known for a couple of hours. Luke accepted her decision graciously and a day or two later sent to a text to see if she'd like to watch a movie. Ciara was put out because he'd texted after 9 o'clock. You know, the universal texting boundary rule.

But not only was that old news, it paled in comparison to Austen and his audience. Once again, it seems, Austen gets away with being a dick. When someone drops a bomb like that, the first thought should be "WTF, Austen! You don't go around telling people shit like that!" But Austen's Angels decided to play detective about this horrific situation and be judgey. Calm the fuck down. It's no one's business except Carl and Lindsay's. If it really did happen, I hope Lindsay told Carl and it's settled.

Ugh, these people. Rachel, Jason, and Luke need to leave them behind and go vacation on another, better show.

Edited by Passing Strange
  • Applause 4
  • Love 8

Luke's never been given a favorable edit. To me that often implies he might be difficult behind the scenes. Might be as simple as him refusing to show up in time for filming most seasons of Summer House. He's always given me creepy vibes too.

Lindsey does look a lot healthier off the sauce. It was rude for Jessica to imply that she looks so much older, Not a Lindsey fan at all but I don't see much difference age wise between them. Also, who cares when they got together officially?  They seem happy so good on them. Austen can suck it with the "but she touched my dong" commentary.

Now, why anyone should give up their room for them, I don't know. Maybe they should've offered cash like Craig did?

Paige's ice skating activity was cute & fun. Would've like to see more planned soberish daytime events like that.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I’ll confess that I was only half paying attention to this snoozefest but it seemed like both Lindsay and Carl said more than once that they really got together the first week of October and the thing with Austen happened before that at the end of September so I was super confused when everyone kept mentioning the dates as if they implicated Lindsay in cheating on Carl. It seems like she and Carl were flirting and affectionate all day at the wedding but that was it, she got drunk and grabbed Austen’s penis (why anyone would want to get that close to Austen is beyond me) and then a week or so later she and Carl decided to actually give it a go and make it official. I don’t even like Lindsay but where is the scandal they all keep raising their eyebrows over? 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Anyone: Time to do some work around the house.

Ciara: OK, I'll...go somewhere else.

For some reason the producers are loving showing past season clips of Luke out of context. The "boundaries" discussion happened after Ciara friend zoned Luke, whom she'd known for a couple of years. She did this based on lies from Hannah, whom she'd known for a couple of hours. Luke accepted her decision graciously and a day or two later sent to a text to see if she'd like to watch a movie. Ciara was put out because he'd texted after 9 o'clock. You know, the universal texting boundary rule.

But not only was that old news, it paled in comparison to Austen and his audience. Once again, it seems, Austen gets away with being a dick. When someone drops a bomb like that, the first thought should be "WTF, Austen! You don't go around telling people shit like that!" But Austen's Angels decided to play detective about this horrific situation and be judgey. Calm the fuck down. It's no one's business except Carl and Lindsay's. If it really did happen, I hope Lindsay told Carl and it's settled.

Ugh, these people. Rachel, Jason, and Luke need to leave them behind and go vacation on another, better show.

This is it exactly!  Luke is socially awkward but when it is pointed out he backs off and actually apologizes to whomever he upset.  He did not engage with Austin when Austin had his meltdown and removed himself from the situation.  I still do not understand why Jessica didn't just tell him she was not interested since she was flirting with him and said she was into him.  Yes, he could have read her body language but when that did not work, she should have just opened her mouth and communicated that to him.  Just like she did everyone else in the house.  

Does anyone know how Luke ended up with this group?  He is not like the others at all.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Paige's ice skating activity was cute & fun. Would've like to see more planned soberish daytime events like that.

I agree. It was much more watchable. Good on Paige for planning that activity. 
Austin was asked by Lindsay to keep what happened to himself. What a jerk to sit in the chair like that and spill the tea. He also repeated it enough (the grabbing of his penis) enough to make me wonder if that didn’t elevate his ego. 
The more I watch Jessica the less I think I’m liking her. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Ah, Jessica. You’re not nearly as hot as you think you are. And your comments re Lindsey were mind boggling. No, you’re not hotter than Lindsey, you do not look like her daughter. Please! Please get over yourself! Lindsey actually looked great, and you could easily be sisters. Jessica, so full of yourself.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
On 11/18/2022 at 7:12 AM, TeeMo said:

I’ll confess that I was only half paying attention to this snoozefest but it seemed like both Lindsay and Carl said more than once that they really got together the first week of October and the thing with Austen happened before that at the end of September so I was super confused when everyone kept mentioning the dates as if they implicated Lindsay in cheating on Carl.

ME TOO!!  The timeline that everyone was waiving around as some kind of "proof" didn't support their accusations.

My biggest satisfaction about this episode is that everyone really hates Lindsay and Carl, with the exception of Kyle and Luke.  The hiding in rooms to not have to see them was great.

Lindsay, you would fall in love with every random dick that crossed your path and now we're supposed to listen to you lecture the audience on what love is all about?  And Carl is different.....how??  Oh that's right, the correct way to fall in love is with your "best friend".  Which is another term she has frequently liked to assign to various dudes in the past. So no deep meaning there that was reserved just for Carl.  Believe me, I've seen a handful of friends also fall in love with their "best friend".  Let me decode it for anyone who hasn't witnessed it:  It's when a person who can't be alone finds themselves in a dry dating spell and suddenly - OMG!  I'm in love with the schmuck sitting next to me who has watched me hook-up with a million randos for the past few years!

Please Lindsay and Carl, go ride off into the sunset with your grand love and never grace our t.v. screens again.  

Poor Jason when he said he went from planning to have a baby with Lindsay to her just never talking to him again.  Just more proof that she's a terrible and self-centered human being.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, lili45 said:

Ah, Jessica. You’re not nearly as hot as you think you are. And your comments re Lindsey were mind boggling. No, you’re not hotter than Lindsey, you do not look like her daughter. Please! Please get over yourself! Lindsey actually looked great, and you could easily be sisters. Jessica, so full of yourself.

Best thing about comments like these, now captured for all cringey posterity, is that years from now when younger women inevitably make the same kinds of cracks about her, she gets to replay this moment in her head over and over. Of course, any regret or self awareness will be drowned in the ocean of Botox and filler required to convince herself she’ll always be young and hot—but she’ll know the truth. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

My biggest satisfaction about this episode is that everyone really hates Lindsay and Carl, with the exception of Kyle and Luke.  The hiding in rooms to not have to see them was great.

Lindsay, you would fall in love with every random dick that crossed your path and now we're supposed to listen to you lecture the audience on what love is all about?  And Carl is different.....how??  Oh that's right, the correct way to fall in love is with your "best friend".  Which is another term she has frequently liked to assign to various dudes in the past. So no deep meaning there that was reserved just for Carl.  Believe me, I've seen a handful of friends also fall in love with their "best friend".  Let me decode it for anyone who hasn't witnessed it:  It's when a person who can't be alone finds themselves in a dry dating spell and suddenly - OMG!  I'm in love with the schmuck sitting next to me who has watched me hook-up with a million randos for the past few years!

Please Lindsay and Carl, go ride off into the sunset with your grand love and never grace our t.v. screens again.  

Poor Jason when he said he went from planning to have a baby with Lindsay to her just never talking to him again.  Just more proof that she's a terrible and self-centered human being.

Lindsay has been the most toxic cast member on this show since day one. Sadly it’s why they’ve been able to get so much mileage out of her. Carl’s a close second and can easily be swapped into first. Every now and then they’ve had good moments or other cast members have had worse moments so they look better in comparison here and there. Sure, some cast members have had cringier moments or are more superficial but overall those two have been the worst in how they’ve emotionally treated others imo.

Lindsay is just awful and she’s one of those shitty friends who demands loyalty and respect after she’s used you for the umpteenth time, emotionally vomits on you, verbally abuses you. I also remember how much the pick mes used to go hard for Carl back when he was super heinous. I get they both have issues and childhood trauma but people can miss me with the excuses. I know plenty of people, myself included, who can say the same thing and we don’t shit on others. Enough with the excuses. Grow up. 

I also find it hilarious people can say they’re more “real” Paige and Carl and keep a straight face. They’re ALL trying to bag those sponsors and engagements. But yes, I agree— please ride off into the sunset or anywhere together forever. 

Edited by PositiveBean
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, PositiveBean said:

Lindsay has been the most toxic cast member on this show since day one. Sadly it’s why they’ve been able to get so much mileage out of her. Carl’s a close second and can easily be swapped into first. Every now and then they’ve had good moments or other cast members have had worse moments so they look better in comparison here and there. Sure, some cast members have had cringier moments or are more superficial but overall those two have been the worst in how they’ve emotionally treated others imo.

Lindsay is just awful and she’s one of those shitty friends who demands loyalty and respect after she’s used you for the umpteenth time, emotionally vomits on you, verbally abuses you. I also remember how much the pick mes used to go hard for Carl back when he was super heinous. I get they both have issues and childhood trauma but people can miss me with the excuses. I know plenty of people, myself included, who can say the same thing and we don’t shit on others. Enough with the excuses. Grow up. 

I also find it hilarious people can say they’re more “real” Paige and Carl and keep a straight face. They’re ALL trying to bag those sponsors and engagements. But yes, I agree— please ride off into the sunset or anywhere together forever. 

I almost (almost!) feel bad for both couples. They, with a lot of help from Bravo, have now backed themselves into a corner that’s going to be incredibly awkward to wiggle out from if/when they breakup or divorce. That goes for any couple willingly signing up to be on TV, but Paige and Craig seem to have an especially high pedestal to tumble from right now in the viewerships’ eyes. It will be awhile before they can escape constant references to the other.

I’m more cynical about Lindsay and Carl, but in the event that their relationship isn’t just a mutually beneficial publicity stunt, I worry about Carl’s mental health if/when things go south. They aren’t babies, but they are still pretty young for the stakes to be set so high.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 11/19/2022 at 10:34 AM, Kiki620 said:

On 11/19/2022 at 2:32 PM, PositiveBean said:

The two of them sitting at the dinner table after making that plain dinner like they deserved to have a separate wing of the house was too much. "We don't want to put anyone out." We'll just sit and stare at everyone in silence until we get what we want. BECAUSE WE'RE SO IN LOVE

I do feel bad for Jason and I wished (pointlessly) that Austen would have slowed his roll bc Jason (to me, anyway) is the one to have cause for real discord with Lindsay. That being said I think the girls were happy to listen to the penis tale bc no one believes the scene between Carl & Lindsay at the wedding was anything but a play to get camera time during the finale. They got together after their other options left town.

Granted, I have never understood the Lindsay love - she's been volatile since the first season - but if she's now happy with Carl that's great for her. I have also never understood how Carl gets congratulated for being almost forty and churning out new versions of himself every season - but if he's leading a more meaningful life sober that's a good thing. But the two of them strike me as drama junkies whose main goal is to let everyone know about their profound coupling and market it to the highest bidder (Marshalls).

On 11/19/2022 at 12:22 PM, Zizzlezazzle said:

Best thing about comments like these, now captured for all cringey posterity, is that years from now when younger women inevitably make the same kinds of cracks about her, she gets to replay this moment in her head over and over. 

I have never understood ageism and it's always been a huge red flag for me. I got news for ya Jess - it's coming for you.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

Carl and Lindsay do not seem compatible. Long term. 

Despite their new found co-sobriety.

They still seem like very different people.

As do Paige and Craig.

Prediction: Not.....going.....to ....last .

Paige is a precise, neatnik, attention to detail, very focused on outward appearance... personality.

Craig is a detail-challenged slob.

And he is getting an alcohol paunch for an early 30-something. Not good. His good looks are fading 

Plus he looks like he smells bad when they wake up together in the morning. While she looks fresh as a daisy.

2nd prediction: Paige is going to find what her type of NYC area- girl wants: your standard Manhattan go-getter, lawyer, doctor, Wall Streeter, real estate hot shot.  One that is well dressed, always looks good, not sloppy, and doesn't smell bad on the morning.  

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4

I'm concerned that no one is appalled at Lindsey grabbing men's penises without any consent from them. I'm particularly disturbed that she started molesting Austen while he was asleep😲 That is not OK.  They jumped all over Luke for hugging Jessica without her consent, but no one even blinks at Lindsey grabbing Austen while he's sleeping. I was so grossed out and perturbed by that. If the sexes were reversed, the man would probably be fired by Bravo. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Unlike Jessica, Austen wasn't distressed by the incident, nor was this a new relationship. Austen has been fine with touching Lindsay himself, so I'd be surprised if he felt violated by reciprocity. He told the story for one reason only, to try to make Lindsay look like a bad partner to Carl. To me, that was appalling.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

For me, it doesn't matter whether Austen was distressed or not. No one should be groped without consent. I will say that it's possible Lindsey didn't realize she had put her hand on his penis as Austen says they were both asleep. 

And yes, Austen is telling this story to make Lindsey look bad. He's also doing this because he isn't getting any female attention: Ciara has blown him off and isn't chasing after him like she last year, Olivia is having fun in Las Vegas and refused to come visit Austen at Winter House, thereby thwarting his plans to pit Olivia and Ciara against each other over him, and Lindsey is with Carl and isn't engaging with Austen. Austen sucks.