Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: Life During Wartime

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Danny and Baez investigate a series of violent robberies targeting luxury timepieces, and Erin is conflicted about criminally charging a potentially innocent man. Also, Frank is forced to reopen a case in which the officer involved was acquitted, and Jamie interviews a decorated officer to join his Field Intel team, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Oct. 28 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Can Erin run for DA while working for the DA? Does seem weird. Cross the Rubicon, Erin. 

Danny and Baez actually got to arrest some criminals - loved the getups, though they didn't seem necessary.

Otherwise not much happening at One PP or Jamie's precinct.

Four stories are always too many, but last night’s episode seemed to be more successful in telling each one. 

I probably enjoyed Danny and Baez most, even though I could have sworn they were homicide detectives. That final scene in the jewelry store was so much fun - even if you knew that no one was in danger. Danny and Baez looked fantastic in their “street clothes”. 

Frank had the ripped from the headlines story. The officer and the victim’s parents were played to perfection. Since this is Blue Bloods, I felt I knew the eventual outcome, but wasn’t certain. Sid was a good foil for Frank, and it’s nice to have a story where the Mayor is integral, yet you don’t see him. 

Erin’s arc was alright. I have to admit that this animosity between her and the DA seems comic book and annoying. It was right for the DA to reassign the case to Erin, but it seemed ridiculous to imply that the DA knew it was bad and only wanted to trip her up. Even I’m a city like NYC, resources are always stretched and you  don’t have the luxury of staffing a bad case (or that the DA would put pettiness above their oath to seek justice). Anthony’s actions with the victim’s mother were also unbelievable in that he, too, was forcing Erin to proceed with the case, albeit it for different reasons. 

Jamie’s story was the least developed. It would have helped me follow it better if the two officers he was shadowing didn’t look so much alike. I was also concerned that Jamie would recommend Eddie for the position!

Dinner table was mediocre. Eddie’s bits were somewhat silly and maybe what Nikki would have said were she still around. 

I didn’t think the epilogue with Frank, Henry, Danny & Jamie added much. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, kurtz said:

I probably enjoyed Danny and Baez most, even though I could have sworn they were homicide detectives.

They touched on that - Danny wanted to pass the case to Major Crimes, I think, who were already investigating jewel thieves. But the first guy that got robbed knew the mayor's wife, and apparently that was enough pull to keep Danny and Baez on the case, even though Danny made fun of him for wearing such an expensive watch!

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, highway61 said:

They touched on that - Danny wanted to pass the case to Major Crimes, I think, who were already investigating jewel thieves. But the first guy that got robbed knew the mayor's wife, and apparently that was enough pull to keep Danny and Baez on the case, even though Danny made fun of him for wearing such an expensive watch!

Oh yeah, thanks for jogging my memory! 

I didn't like Frank's story, because the set-up felt stupid. The department had cleared the officer, a jury had cleared the officer, every concievable "i" had been dotted and "t" crossed. There was no real action reason to reopen the case, other than the plot demanded it. For the story to work for me, there needed to be some new peice of evidence, even if it wouldn't have made difference (like a picutre or footage from a slightly vantage point).

I liked hearing about everyone's Halloween costumes from back when they were kids/teens. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sarah 103 said:

I didn't like Frank's story, because the set-up felt stupid. The department had cleared the officer, a jury had cleared the officer, every concievable "i" had been dotted and "t" crossed. There was no real action reason to reopen the case, other than the plot demanded it. For the story to work for me, there needed to be some new peice of evidence, even if it wouldn't have made difference (like a picutre or footage from a slightly vantage point).

I agree.  It would have worked a lot better if they had re-opened a closed case when the officer had not already been charged, tried, and acquitted.  I would think most police shootings never lead to charges or trials, so it seems there would be some cases that would be worthwhile to review again. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Danny and Baez were flirting again. 

When she used augmented reality as an excuse to touch his arm to "try on" the watch or when they were undercover at the end? Or did you mean a different scene that I totally missed. Danny and Baez flirt, but I think that's all it is and all it's ever going to be.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

When she used augmented reality as an excuse to touch his arm to "try on" the watch or when they were undercover at the end? Or did you mean a different scene that I totally missed. Danny and Baez flirt, but I think that's all it is and all it's ever going to be.  

maybe the scene back in the squad room when Danny kept saying how awesome she looked UC.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I actually liked this episode pretty good.  Frank’s staff was ok on this situation, but it got me to thinking that his staff does seem to be very old school most of the time.  Any reason they can’t get some fresh eyes around there? Oh, I forgot. They tried it and they kicked her out.  Lol. 

I loved the dress up scenes with Donnie, I mean Danny and Baez.   

Going to an upset parent’s home at night is pretty risky though.  The officer should have known better. Glad he was being watched.  

Anthony seemed way too invested in prosecuting someone on contrived testimony.  He has to know better.  

Erin’s boss is so glib.  It’s not becoming.  So, if Erin wins, does she keep her former boss in the office?  Lol  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

It's not even that I'm jumping for a Danny romance plot, but at the same time, it makes no sense for a guy his age not to be dating. Widowed guys his age almost always get re-married QUICKLY, and Danny isn't even dating. It's not particularly realistic. Frank makes a bit more sense, but even there it's weird. 

On 11/1/2022 at 12:10 AM, izabella said:

I wish they'd give Erin a storyline that doesn't require her to always be arguing with someone.  It's been so many seasons, and I feel her character is still so limited.

Well, we did see that she's occasionally screwing around with the ex. I wish they would put that to rest and find Erin a new love interest. She's beautiful and successful but is never in a relationship. Not realistic. She works, meets up with Frank once in a while for lunch and goes to Sunday dinner. Whoop de do. I know she's a bish but even bish's find love. 

I wouldn't hate it if Baez and Danny got together, either. She would keep him on his toes and they look cute together. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I wouldn't hate it if Baez and Danny got together, either. She would keep him on his toes and they look cute together. 

But then they wouldn't be able to work together as partners. I agree, though, Danny could do a lot worse, and he's waited a respectable time after his wife's death to wade into the dating pool again.

On 10/29/2022 at 8:01 AM, kurtz said:

Even I’m a city like NYC, resources are always stretched and you  don’t have the luxury of staffing a bad case (or that the DA would put pettiness above their oath to seek justice).

As a former NY'er with friends and family that worked for and dealt with employees of the City of NY, trust me when I say these bureaucrats are the most petty people on the planet and would have no second thoughts in putting their grudges above their duty.

23 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm sick of seeing [writers] trying to pair partners together romantically when it's not always a good idea (for a host of reasons).  I still hated that Eddie and Jaime got together when her character was all wrong for him. 

If anything, I thought that psychic that helped Danny solve a couple of cases would have been a good fit for him.  I also liked the nurse who was a cop's widow (the inverse of Danny and Linda) who was being stalked by her ex bf.  Then again, some guys feel like they wouldn't do well in a relationship again.  Danny and Linda had a great relationship - they talked things out and Linda went onto the marriage knowing she was marrying a cop from a cop family.  They always made it a point to say I love you ("I love you more!") before parting for the day.  Not a lot of women would be willing to make compromises.  

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, magicdog said:

As a former NY'er with friends and family that worked for and dealt with employees of the City of NY, trust me when I say these bureaucrats are the most petty people on the planet and would have no second thoughts in putting their grudges above their duty.

100% absolutely THIS. Not just bureaucrats either, but in public service in general. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 11/3/2022 at 6:09 PM, bichonblitz said:

Oh, please no. Doesn't that poor women have to deal with Danny enough as it is?

Let her go home at night!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2