Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Call Me Uncle Dad

• Start Topic

Carter hosts a Halloween Octoberfest party at "The Middle C," but is struggling to get customers in, Randi suggests a ladies night instead, which turns out to be a hit. Meanwhile, Kat continues her journey to find a donor and her next opportunity is closer than she might expect. Phil has a great night with a potential love interest.

Airs. Oct. 27, 2022

Highlights for me were Phil tapdancing and then the bartender and Kat reacting to the girl who did the bellyshots offscreen in the prior scene. "Make better life choices."

So Kat and Max are together now. I thought they would build up to that over the next couple of episodes, it happened more quickly than I expected.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

So Kat and Max are together now. I thought they would build up to that over the next couple of episodes, it happened more quickly than I expected.

I think it's supposed to be a passionate moment that they didn't really think about.  So little chemistry.  

It was a nice title card at the end but I really appreciated FOX's tribute to Leslie Jordan and showing him in various FOX shows.  It's only part of his career but so many shows. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7

I thought this episode continued with the cringey, bawdy "punch lines".

Kat was a lot less insufferable this week but here they go again seesawing back to a Kat and Max "will they/won't they" tease.  Like out of nowhere.  How dumb.  Do the writers have ADD?  And yeah, the two of them have zero chemistry.  I know these actors are up to playing it like there is some chemistry so I don't know why they're doing anything but.

It was hard to see Leslie Jordan but it became clear to me upon a closer look that he was hiding quite a bit of weight under those blousy shirts.  So sad.  RIP Leslie. 😢

• Love 6

Look, I don’t mind dirty humor, most of the time, I love dirty humor, but this show got REAL dirty, REAL fast.  I got it the first time there was a joke about how much Max enjoys jacking off.  I got it the second time.  I got bored the third, fourth and fifth time they made that joke and ran in into the ground.

The cynic in me says the producers are desperately trying to goose the ratings and throwing things at the wall hoping they stick.  Let’s make it dirtier!  Let’s have Kat be baby crazy!  Let’s have Max and Kay try for a baby together AND get together romantically!

• Love 4

I just cant imagine this show without Leslie Jordan, its so bittersweet seeing him here. He's usually the highlight of every episode, this show just wont be near as fun without him. The FOX tribute was really nice, what a career. 

The rest of the episode was alright, I don't really like the Kat/Max drama so this was never going to be a favorite of mine. The Halloween costumes were fun at least. The "I'm drunk Sheila" bit made me laugh. 

• Love 4

This show suddenly deciding to be edgy is just an odd choice. Even the drag queen couldn’t have a regular drag name, it had to be Queen Dicktoria. RuPaul’s Drag Race is one of my favorite shows and I don’t mind edgy humor but it just seems jarring here.

• Love 2

Seeing Leslie in his Halloween costume was so bittersweet for me.  I legit broke out in tears at the Memorial card and photo of Leslie Jordan at the end.  I haven't been able to post anything until now because it's so sad for me that Leslie is no longer with us and 67 is too young!  He was always the bright spot in every episode he did.

I don't like the direction the storyline has taken with baby crazy Kat, and Max in the mix makes it even worse!  I also don't believe that Kat didn't know Max was a college dropout.  Maybe I'm misremembering, but weren't Kat and Max college friends?  That's how they knew each other?  Even so, that conversation would have come up well before now.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

This show suddenly deciding to be edgy is just an odd choice. Even the drag queen couldn’t have a regular drag name, it had to be Queen Dicktoria. RuPaul’s Drag Race is one of my favorite shows and I don’t mind edgy humor but it just seems jarring here.

I agree, it's like putting a dirty spin on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show".  Out of place and not how we've already come to know these characters.  

• Love 3