Type keyword(s) to search

Annika - General Discussion

chitowngirl
  • Start Topic

Wow - what a great show, and I didn't see that ending coming (and neither did Nicola Walker apparently, as per what she said in the interview feature). 

How long do we have to wait?  A year?  Poop!  I want it back next week.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

This show just has it ALL.  Everybody seems to act like rational adults most of the time, there's not TOO much teen angst, and there's something good happening for each bad thing happening.  Everybody is taking it well about Michael & Morgan.

We need to know about Blair's baby.  We need to meet Annika's mother (have we yet?). We need to get Magnus out of a murder charge and we need to get Nutso Nair back behind bars.  

I like Jake and don't get any creepies from him. And just about every over-40 professional man I know carries a backpack, messenger bag or briefcase.  They tend to use IPads & tablets instead of their phones for tech stuff, so they can't just stuff everything in their pockets.

I will say that Harper does not NEED to wear those leather pants every time she rides her bike around town.  Boots, jacket, gloves & a helmet are fine, with jeans.  They're just going for the "bad biker chick" vibe.  It's not realistic.

I hope the show is back soon.  It's the first "Must-See TV" I've had in a while. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 6

I love this show. I hope that Jake is just a normal guy. So happy that the cliffhanger was NOT Morgan kidnapped and having to be rescued by her birth parents. Looking forward to another season where we can see Morgan/Annika and Michael/Astrid figure out how to co-exist. Was surprised by the cliffhanger involving her dad - although it makes sense working backwards. 

Looking forward to hearing about Blair's baby. 

I would watch anything that Nicola Walker is in. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

But what motive could he possibly have?

There were sketchy things going on back then when they were excavating the North Sea oil. Michael said that many divers lost their lives back then.

The timing is also a red flag because it was at that time that Annika's parents decided to leave Scotland and go back to Norway.

But purely speculating here, I think it's a Norwegian red herring and Magnus came to Scotland to meet with former CI Drummond but wasn't the one to kill her.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
(edited)

Shetland is on BritBox. There are 8 seasons. I think if PBS was going to buy it they would have already. 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Hopefully PBS will run it.  I'll be on the lookout.

Edited by chitowngirl
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

Shetland is on BritBox. There are 8 seasons. I think if PBS was going to buy it they would have already. 🤷‍♀️

Our local PBS station had aired seasons 1-5 but nothing since.

• Useful 2
On 12/1/2023 at 4:54 PM, chitowngirl said:

Then I won't be seeing it any time soon unless the library has it.  Rats.