Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Fat Girl in a Little Car

• Start Topic

On 10/14/2022 at 3:13 AM, Joan of Argh said:

What are all those black dots on the back of her arm?? 
I enlarged the pic and it looks like clogged pores that have turned into blackheads.

89CC1038-B111-404E-A44C-5124FD26BCCD.png

Probably hair.  Recall she’s described her excessive hair problem due to the hormonal issue.  She says she shaves it. That’s likely the stubble.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Probably hair.  Recall she’s described her excessive hair problem due to the hormonal issue.  She says she shaves it. That’s likely the stubble.  

She’s always complaining about the bald patches on her head…. So her head is going bald while her arms are growing thick black hairs that she shaves. … what a mess. 😖

I can’t even imagine what her crotch area must look like or how she manages.

I almost feel sorry for her, she has so many issues to deal with… chub rub etc… ugh!

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

She’s always complaining about the bald patches on her head…. So her head is going bald while her arms are growing thick black hairs that she shaves. … what a mess. 😖

I can’t even imagine what her crotch area must look like or how she manages.

I almost feel sorry for her, she has so many issues to deal with… chub rub etc… ugh!

Yeah, it is a real thing.  I wondered if she might be exaggerating, but then I saw several patients with that condition on a new show called Bad Hair Day on TLC. They feature people with too much hair as well as those who are balding.  It seems to take a tremendous emotional turmoil on these women.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Well, she had a bikini wax prior to last year's Maine trip, so...

Oh I’d forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder…. At least she’s having that area tended to and isn’t asking friends to do it.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2022 at 10:06 PM, stoppro said:

Aw crap!This still on?

Yes, but you don't have to watch it, just come here.  I quit watching, but still like the snark.
I saw the head on this item, and thought of the leprechaun in the little car for that parade.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The show seems to really struggle. I wonder if it’s due to Babs’ condition or something else.  Covid has certainly played a role this season so far.  I did think the music video turned out well.  The show seems strained to me in ways that it hasn’t before.  

Whit's really close to her parents.   I think Babs' condition, recovery, and care has come first and foremost in the Thore family's life and the show's come in 2nd.  Maybe production had to scramble to shift around all the "stories"?  Drop some fantastic romance or challenge or whatever that they had planned.  

Or it's just another indicator her life is not fabulous and doesn't have much going on in it.  Like the rest of us, or at least like mine...

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Cache said:

Whit's really close to her parents.   I think Babs' condition, recovery, and care has come first and foremost in the Thore family's life and the show's come in 2nd.  Maybe production had to scramble to shift around all the "stories"?  Drop some fantastic romance or challenge or whatever that they had planned.  

Or it's just another indicator her life is not fabulous and doesn't have much going on in it.  Like the rest of us, or at least like mine...

Good points!  I recall back when my cousin got sick and I had to place her in an Assisted Living facility, then Memory Care facility.  The first year was very stressful and time consuming.  It ended up causing me to have multiple health issues.  It’s good the Thore’s have help.  

I hope Babs continues to recover and next season recovers as well. Lol 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
On 10/12/2022 at 5:32 PM, Haute Messe said:

And nearly threw something at her through the tv when she asked her mommy "Are you my girl?" First of all, I don't think Babs has lost much more than her ability to communicate verbally, but who the hell says that to any living creature over the age of 2? 

I actually say that to my little dog. lol

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I don’t think Whit takes care of her mom due to her own physical limitations. I think Hunter is the primary caretaker along with Glen and Whit visits her mom occasionally - we can tell by how surprised she looks sometimes about mom’s progress and the way she talks to her.

the most heartbreaking moment of this season was when Hunter opened up about him always seen as a child who can ‘handle it’ , while everyone had to dance around Whit eventually creating this giant monster 

• Sad 6

I don’t see why Whit or Hunter need to physically take care of Babs. They have professional caregivers around the clock.  It’s a tremendous job to attempt to address the emotional needs of a family member who has that kind of disability.  Just visiting, supporting, overseeing caregivers, monitoring medical treatment,  etc. can take up a tremendous amount of time.  You need to protect yourself from caregiver fatigue. As Whit has described it, you are always on call. You never know when you’ll get the call to meet them at the ER.  They are fortunate to have Glenn and two adult children to help, but it’ll probably fall upon Whit eventually, due to Glenn’s age and Hunter being in GA.  

• Love 2
On 11/8/2022 at 9:14 AM, Maximadc said:

I don’t think Whit takes care of her mom due to her own physical limitations. I think Hunter is the primary caretaker along with Glen

SunnyBebe nailed it, not just in who takes care of Babs, but about how exhausting it can be to be the person supervising the caretakers. I don't think Whitney has said she provides physical care. Both she and Glen have expressed gratitude to the staff they hire.

On 11/8/2022 at 9:14 AM, Maximadc said:

the most heartbreaking moment of this season was when Hunter opened up about him always seen as a child who can ‘handle it’ , while everyone had to dance around Whit eventually creating this giant monster 

I agree that it was heart breaking. Now that we're seeing more of him I've come to enjoy Hunter. I like how candid he is. But to be fair, the family danced around Whitney because of her depression. I think that's why Hunter simply stated a fact and didn't complain. He knew first hand how tough that can be.

• Like 1
  • Love 3