Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E02: Just Wingin' It

• Start Topic

Billy’s annoying and I’m not rooting for him but at least he wants to be there.

What is with people interrupting GRR?  And I highly doubt Ileana talked her way back into line.  If he wanted her gone, she would be gone.

O’Shea served raw wings and wasn’t the worst.  Ileana’s wings must have been wretched.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Zeus's quitting speech was very random and out of nowhere. His elimination made sense just like Charlene's did. I think he would struggle a lot if he stayed.

Billy is annoying me more than Vlad is at this point, Vlad is great at backing up his cooking at least. Alex seems quite skilled, he is the best on the older team for sure. Nicole improved a lot from last time, I was shocked. I think there will be a lot more drama with Billie in the future.

This season is more dramatic than last season for sure. 

• Like 1

Hmm.  They planned on two eliminations last night and then Ileana talked Gordon out of eliminating her (yeah, right).  At the end Zeus then pretty much quits so two people end up getting eliminated anyway.  Funny how that worked out.

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1

I was really disappointed that Ileana was allowed to stay.  If there's supposed to be an elimination, then eliminate someone.  So when someone does leave does it mean they didn't "fight" enough to stay?  Charlene just looked lost all episode except when she was complaining about Billie, so it was no surprise that she was eliminated.  As for Zeus, I think he realized there was no way he was going to win and he was miserable, so why not?  The only thing that confuses me is that he worked hard to not be one of the nominees so I wonder what changed his mind.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I am totally amazed at how any of these chefs were chosen. This has to be the worst assortment of competitors I have ever seen on this show There is not one chef I could pick out as a possible winner. How did so many losers get chosen? I have watched this show from season one and have survived many really bad chefs. I will watch just to watch how they implode.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nitrofishblue said:

I am totally amazed at how any of these chefs were chosen. This has to be the worst assortment of competitors I have ever seen on this show There is not one chef I could pick out as a possible winner. How did so many losers get chosen? I have watched this show from season one and have survived many really bad chefs. I will watch just to watch how they implode.

I could not agree more.  Of all those, Sakari or Alejandro I think has the best chance of winning.  Billy is way too volatile.  I can't stand Alyssa, i get zero positive vibes from her at all - not a team player and I'm betting an unhappy person generally in life. (yeah I'm judgmental, you may sue me. its a character flaw of mine.) 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I think that reducing the concept to "experienced versus young" is so misleading because a huge part of this really breaks down to what kind of experience.  Not all experience is equal.  Plus, did some of the younger chefs go to culinary school and get a lot of foundational knowledge/experience?  Some of the older chefs may be excellent but also may be limited in the types of food with which they have worked.  And, as with all cooking competitions, the timing element really enters in as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 10/7/2022 at 9:52 AM, nitrofishblue said:

Actually I think this group is still better than what we had in the first few seasons of HK, which was like watching "Dumb and Dumber," with many of the contestants barely able to boil water correctly. 

On the 20 somethings team, the men are largely late 20s, but I think four of the women are 23 or younger. It's hard to believe that they're legitimate contenders for a job as head chef at a GR restaurant, given the lack of maturity and experience, even if do they have cooking skills. A couple of them are line cooks. That's not a knock on them, you have to start somewhere. But no way is a 22-year old line cook ready to be a head chef. They seem to be fodder, chosen to create drama. 

I think it's possible, as someone else suggested, that at some point they will scrap the youth vs. age theme and realign the teams based on the old men vs. women format.

• Like 2
  • Love 1