Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I haven't used my primetimer account in years, but I just had to comment on this. Wow. Absolutely unnerving. It also made me mad that even in 1991, the police were brushing off an African American women's valid concerns. So many subtle little details in this first episode, and so terrifying. 

Edited by EastCoast4Life
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4

The tension in this episode was incredible, especially watching Tracy trying to figure out how to get away.  Then when he has to drop to his knees and put his hands behind his head in front of the police.  I was amazed he survived. 

Richard Jenkins was incredible as Jeff's father.  Can you imagine sitting there being told that your son killed multiple men?  They started with attempted murder, then it's bodies and body parts, and finally "we think he was eating them."  That is a level of horror that is so hard to imagine.    

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 7

Haven’t even touched Netflix in awhile so was surprised to see this.  I’ve seen a bunch of other Jeffrey Dahmer stuff do I know the story more or less but Ryan Murphy is my guy so I decided to give it a shot and so far it looks pretty good.  I mean it’s chapter 1 so who knows but I genuinely liked both chapters of American Crime Story and this has the feel of theAssassination of Gianni Versace without the backward storytelling.   So I am in at least for now.   

I actually don’t know much about Dahmer except that he was a cannibal, even though this happened when I was around 18/19 years old, so I’m interested in learning more. Didn’t know until reading here this was a Ryan Murphy show, so I’m a bit nervous it’s not going to be true tothe story and be crazy. I’m looking forward to reading through the comments from those of you who are more familiar than me and seeing how accurate this is. 

• Love 1

Deciding to watch this. I like Evan Peters a lot, and Ryan Murphy can put a good production together. I was a little girl when this happened, but I remember people talking about it. 

On 9/23/2022 at 12:11 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The tension in this episode was incredible, especially watching Tracy trying to figure out how to get away.  Then when he has to drop to his knees and put his hands behind his head in front of the police.  I was amazed he survived. 

Richard Jenkins was incredible as Jeff's father.  Can you imagine sitting there being told that your son killed multiple men?  They started with attempted murder, then it's bodies and body parts, and finally "we think he was eating them."  That is a level of horror that is so hard to imagine.    

I am so glad Tracey made it! How many more victims would there have been if he wasn’t able to get away. 

Richard Jenkins is a good actor,  I feel awfully for any parent put in that kind of position. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1