Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Frenemies - Chapter Four: The Evidence

tessaray
  • Start Topic

Air Date:  September 21, 2022

After one of Sylvester’s plans results in an unexpected outcome, Pat calls upon an old friend for help. Meanwhile, Beth uncovers a new suspect in their murder investigation, and Courtney reaches out to Cameron.

Looks like Courtney's about to learn you can't be a hero and date at the same time, especially if you have to keep secrets from both sides.  Her team will get mad when they find out about Cameron's powers (icicles can stab, after all) and Cameron will get pissed once he finds out Courtney is Stargirl and was involved with his dad's death.

• Like 1

Tough lesson for Courtney to learn. Being Stargirl means having very selective boyfriend material. Icicles can be like knives or daggers. Cameron doesn't have control of his ice kinesis powers, which is dangerous.

The Crocks are a little too involved in the neighbors' lives.

I did like the Pat and Sylvester chat, along with seeing Dr. Midnight. I was wondering if the Starman outfit has enough stretch to still fit.

The cell sample belongs to Cindy's father? Who is in the tunnel? And Cindy is starting to fall apart?

I haven't seen the Outlaw Josey Wales movie in a long time. There is probably something in it for the show to mention it. Too bad it wasn't the X Files Bad Blood ep.

So, now it's looking like Cindy could possibly the killer after-all, but not by her own doing.  I think?  Basically, it seems like she might be transferring into something similar to the Dragon King thanks to all of the experiments he did on her.  Father of the century, right there!  Of course, I could easily see all of this being a major misdirect.  Have to imagine the mysterious guy with the cameras will play a part in all of this.

At least Courtney now knows that Cameron has icy powers, and will hopefully find a way to help him control it going forward.  But it looks like she is going to avoid telling him about her being Stargirl or the JSA for now, and while I don't blame her due to how early this stage in their relationship is, I'm betting he'll find out somehow and consider the secret a "betrayal" of some sort.

Great seeing McNider again and him playing off both Pat and Sylvester some more.

I'm guessing there will be a reason why they informed us in Yolanda's scene with her mother that her dad is unemployed.

How did Mike and Jakeem explain away all of those magical keys?  Or is things in Blue Valley just so crazy that everyone just shrugged and are going to go on pretending it didn't happen...

Aww, Barbara and Paula have moved into the "Here's a mounted animal for you that I made myself!" phase of their friendship!  Meanwhile, Crusher and Sylvester (along with Pat) are at least able to watch Clint Eastwood movies together without coming to blows.  The beers probably helped.  And naturally it ends with Crusher doing one armed push-ups!

• Like 2

Okay, I'm going to need Jakeem to become an official, active member of New JSA just so he can have better mentors. Get it together, Mike!

Cindy might (indirectly?) be involved with The Murder, but I don't think she's the actual killer. I don't think she would be so involved with the JSA if she was (not even as a cover).

All we really know about the single cell left behind is that it's not human. Dragon King was Senior Dr. Mid-Nite's guess. That being said, it could be Cindy's since we already know she was at the crime scene (but not why!); but "non-human" could also refer to Grundy, or several other ISA members - and maybe some JSA members, too.

Finally! some progress on Courtney and Cameron. I'm going to enjoy the cuteness while it lasts. She actually did help him control his powers, so I hope that counts for something when things hit the fan.

Not sure I buy the explanation for Starman's resurrection, but I'm willing to see how things develop. Anyway, I guess it was inevitable that he'd get back in the suit, but I really don't see things working out well with him and Courtney sharing the Staff.

The Crocks continue to be hilarious frenemies to the Dugans. But where's Artemis, though??

14 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Looks like Courtney's about to learn you can't be a hero and date at the same time, especially if you have to keep secrets from both sides.  Her team will get mad when they find out about Cameron's powers (icicles can stab, after all) and Cameron will get pissed once he finds out Courtney is Stargirl and was involved with his dad's death.

11 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

... But it looks like she is going to avoid telling him about her being Stargirl or the JSA for now, and while I don't blame her due to how early this stage in their relationship is, I'm betting he'll find out somehow and consider the secret a "betrayal" of some sort.

I expect some of this, but want to have faith in these writers that they will avoid repeating these well-worn tropes.

11 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Or is things in Blue Valley just so crazy that everyone just shrugged and are going to go on pretending it didn't happen...

Looking back on... literally everything that has happened in Blue Valley, I'm pretty sure "Sure,, why not? ::shrug::" is the town's official motto!

Edited by Trini
oy, grammar
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Awww that kiss between Cameron and Courtney with the ice falling around them was really cute, but it makes me sad that we all know there is going to be trouble in paradise. Its just an awkward situation, Courtney's brother killed his dad but then again his dad was evil, that is a whole lot to take. I hope that at least Courtney is the one to break the truth to him and not his grandparents, who will certainly spin it so that it seems like the JSA killed his heroic father in cold blood. 

You know things in Blue Valley have gotten weird when apparently no one has any thoughts on a wave of keys appearing in the bathroom of school. 

It looks like Cindy might be the killer, but in a Jekyll and Hyde kind of way. Did Dragon King turn Cindy part dragon when he was experimenting on her? I really don't think she knows what is going on, she had no reason to look confused when she was alone at the end, although this could all still be a red herring. 

I continue to love the Crooks weirdly bonding with Barbara and Pat, Barbara and Paula have even got Barbara a (creepy) present and Sylvester was able to hang out with Crusher for a bit without anyone fighting!

Nice seeing Doctor Midnighter again. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 9/22/2022 at 5:05 AM, Frozendiva said:

I did like the Pat and Sylvester chat, along with seeing Dr. Midnight. I was wondering if the Starman outfit has enough stretch to still fit.

I think it was brand-new, we saw Pat sewing *something* last episode.

I was kinda underwhelmed with Cameron letting love direct his powers and then all we got were some flurries? I was kinda expecting that gazebo turning into a fantastic icy folly. I mean Cameron's basically a male Elsa, so why not? (Because the show runs on a budget and the big special effects don't come out in the first half of the season).

Damn, I had hoped Beth would allow her parents to design her a new outfit *sigh*

• Like 1

Buddy should still be at the top of the suspect list. Dragon King using Cindy to kill Gambler makes sense and it does make her a little sympathetic . . . but Buddy has been lying low. Mike has gotten more screen time, and all he's done is try to skip to the story's climax with Jakeem (another character that deserves love fro the writers).

On 9/22/2022 at 10:38 AM, tennisgurl said:

You know things in Blue Valley have gotten weird when apparently no one has any thoughts on a wave of keys appearing in the bathroom of school.

"*sigh* Another mess? Well, at least it isn't puke. We'll get the janitor to clean it up. Hey . . . what happened to Justin? We haven't seen him in months."

On 9/21/2022 at 11:05 PM, Frozendiva said:

The Crocks are a little too involved in the neighbors' lives.

No kidding. Imagine if vampires ever invaded Blue Valley. "We have to stop them! But if they stay and turn Crusher and Paula, then they could never come to out house without consent!" Also . . . was that a stuffed wolverine?

On 9/22/2022 at 12:01 AM, thuganomics85 said:

I'm guessing there will be a reason why they informed us in Yolanda's scene with her mother that her dad is unemployed.

Just to show more tension in that house, and Yolanda is always one mistake getting sent to a boarding school, which I believe has replaced the nunnery as a place to dump disreputable girls. This will contrast to the Chapels, who will bend over backward to help Beth to become a legit hero.

Edited by Lantern7

Since Cameron's grandparents mentioned Nifheim, I wonder if they are creature of Norse mythology and....not human?

Looks like we're going to see a bunch of people converging in the tunnels next episode and hijinks will ensue.  Maybe the Crocks will probably find a reason to go there.

On 9/25/2022 at 9:39 AM, MissLucas said:

I was kinda underwhelmed with Cameron letting love direct his powers and then all we got were some flurries? I was kinda expecting that gazebo turning into a fantastic icy folly. I mean Cameron's basically a male Elsa, so why not? (Because the show runs on a budget and the big special effects don't come out in the first half of the season).

I may or may not have started singing 'Frozen fractals all around' during this moment.

I hope the show doesn't make Cameron truly evil. Not sure I really want that for this show. I could deal with a Willow Rosenberg type of arc where he is evil for a bit but by the conclusion of the season, he is good again. I'd imagine for him to stay good; he would need to discover how manipulative his grandparents have been and how they've lied to him about who his father really was.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:12 AM, AnimeMania said:

The next new episode is October 5, 2022.

What?? Dang it. Downside to the internet and Australia 'fast tracking' shows from the US. We no longer get uninterrupted showing of a show like we did pre-internet. Pros and cons. Pros and cons.

I wish Sylvester would go on a quest out of Blue Valley, I've gotten bored with him real quickly.