Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Batman Begins Forever

• Start Topic

Welp, Gotham City is FUCKED. Bright side. I think they brought back Arleen Sorkin to play Harley again.

Even with going over Batman’s history for the zillionth time, the cast talking shit about it, and how this Bruce Wayne might be permanently warped . . . this was a poignant episode.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I've liked this season, but overall I haven't loved it the way I did seasons 1 and 2. Some were better than others, but it felt like it had fallen from an A+++ show to more of a B+, occasionally A-. But the last few eps have amazed me. "The KIlling Joke" was as great as the show used to be, and this one was even better.

Love having Psycho back. Love the deep dive into Bruce's head, complete with Adam West/ Time Burton flashbacks. Harley as Robin, Psycho's Frasier song, Bane still inserting himself into the ep just long enough to complain about the pasta maker... this whole thing was about as much fun as you can have without drunken Comissioner Gordon. 

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
On 9/1/2022 at 7:39 AM, Lantern7 said:

Bright side. I think they brought back Arleen Sorkin to play Harley again.

Really wish they'd slow the end credits down so I could read the names.

• Like 1

I know that in previous episode forums it has been said that Ivy and Harley are too different to work. I think the season and in this episode it shows that their differences are why the work and need each other. At their worst, Ivy is a loner with almost no regards for humanity and Harley is so emotionally codependent that she is willing to do anything to be loved. Ivy has helped Harley find strength in herself and Harley has helped Ivy learn to care about people. Of course this is only to a certain degree for both as they are both still in growth. 

They both have had some set backs this season. This episode we see the group witnessing over and over the most traumatic moment of a person’s life. Ivy has zero empathy while Harley can’t help but want to try help. 

This episode also shows how much Ivy pushing for Harley to stand on her own has paid off as she could never imagine doing good would actually feel good and be enjoyable because the major influences on her have been her dad and Joker. 

Loved the call backs to previous Batman shows/movies/comics. 

Really intrigued where the storyline is going this season with Bruce/Batman trying to bring back his parents. There is definitely going to be some side effects. 

• Love 2

So now Harley knows Bruce's biggest secret. One way or another, the show will have to address that. 

Nice to see Ivy get upset over Harley's trouble. Up to now she's been so cool and unruffled about anything other than her plant buddies. 

That was probably the best episode of the season, and I have really liked this season so far so that is pretty high praise. I love that the flashbacks had the aesthetic of the 90s cartoon and while we had a lot of snarky meta commentary about the Batman mythos and its clichés, it was also a surprisingly poignant and heartfelt episode. Bruce really should have gotten a therapist awhile ago, this is what happens when you don't unpack your issues. You unleash a zombie horde. 

I hope that they don't walk back on Harley knowing who Batman is, her knowing while also keeping it a secret due to doctor/patient confidentiality sounds like a hilarious dynamic. 

4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I hope that they don't walk back on Harley knowing who Batman is, her knowing while also keeping it a secret due to doctor/patient confidentiality sounds like a hilarious dynamic...

Until Catwoman starts taunting Ivy about knowing a secret... then Harley blurts out Bruce = Batman... and Ivy gets mad at Harley for holding out...