Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Guess Who's Coming to Friendsgiving

• Start Topic

On 9/2/2022 at 12:22 AM, albarino said:

Please keep an open mind.  No need to decide one way or the other right now.  Perhaps you missed her on Summer House?

Fascinating! I’ve never seen Summer House and previously had no real opinion of her but I found her incredibly annoying in this episode. 

I’m starting to feel bad for Venita…

• Love 3
On 9/9/2022 at 8:59 AM, Rlb8031 said:

. What does Whitley do, what about Taylor or Olivia? I know Olivia has a walk-in closet that she uses as a confessional with her parents, but does she have a job? Hobbies? Volunteer? Anything???

Taylor has a real job - I believe as a dental assistant or something like that. We’ve seen her on the show in her scrubs. 

• Love 1
On 9/10/2022 at 8:51 PM, ladle said:

Taylor has a real job - I believe as a dental assistant or something like that. We’ve seen her on the show in her scrubs. 

I thought she was a veterinarian assistant. I could be wrong. Either way, I’m surprised Shep was ok being in a relationship with someone with either of those jobs, as he’s such a snob.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ever since someone pointed out that Austen and Olivia don't ever kiss, it's all I can think about when I see them together on screen. It's like they're not even putting in the effort to pretend their relationship is anything other than a plot point. They're basically side-hugging each other like Duggars! 

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, ladle said:

Ever since someone pointed out that Austen and Olivia don't ever kiss, it's all I can think about when I see them together on screen. It's like they're not even putting in the effort to pretend their relationship is anything other than a plot point. They're basically side-hugging each other like Duggars! 

Maybe Chelsea had the good sense to not actually sleep with Austen either.

• Love 1
On 9/1/2022 at 6:37 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I want it put into Austen's contract, that he cannot utter the word "like" for an entire episode.

Same with contracted gossip monger, Leva.

On 9/9/2022 at 5:59 AM, Rlb8031 said:

What does Whitley do,

Whitney has several business interests outside of Charleston, including being an executive producer of this show.  It's possible he had a hand in creating it.  He's another heir to a fortune.

On 9/8/2022 at 6:27 PM, kristen111 said:

Whitney and Naomi?  I don’t believe it.  Just a storyline to save the show.  Reaching.

Normally I'd agree, but I WANT it to be real simply because Craig is such a douche about it.  I have no idea where he obtained his extreme confidence.  It's not pretty or deserved.  Also, is the tacked-down vent in the suit coat he wore to Patricia's party a new fashion statement?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Same with contracted gossip monger, Leva.

Whitney has several business interests outside of Charleston, including being an executive producer of this show.  It's possible he had a hand in creating it.  He's another heir to a fortune.

Normally I'd agree, but I WANT it to be real simply because Craig is such a douche about it.  I have no idea where he obtained his extreme confidence.  It's not pretty or deserved.  Also, is the tacked-down vent in the suit coat he wore to Patricia's party a new fashion statement?

Yeah, Craig looks tired, hung over, or I don’t know.  Just not right.  Look, two pages of comments.  There used to be at least five or six.  Going down the toilet.

Edited by kristen111
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 9/13/2022 at 1:40 AM, kristen111 said:

Yeah, Craig looks tired, hung over, or I don’t know.  Just not right.  Look, two pages of comments.  There used to be at least five or six.  Going down the toilet.

It’s really sad how poorly Craig and Shep and Kathryn have aged over the years—it’s like being on the show this long and all the excessive partying associated with their “Bravolebrity” status rapidly accelerated their aging processes.

Austen at least appears somewhat more put together than the other two guys and doesn’t seem nearly as slovenly, but Craig looks particularly rough for his age(at least Shep has the excuse that he’s into his 40’s now so it’s all finally starting to catch up). It’s never more evident than watching old episodes of this show from the first 5 seasons—I know it’s been almost ten years since they started filming this show, but still…yikes.

We all knew Shep had the potential to become T-Rav 2.0 if he wasn’t careful, and it’s already starting to appear that he’s well on his way to becoming the very same man he used to so proudly denounce. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Austen at least appears somewhat more put together than the other two guys and doesn’t seem nearly as slovenly,

Austen's taller/leaner body type helps with that.   I think Andy is in love with Craig and Austen and will be the ruin of both of them.

• Love 1

I actually enjoyed this episode and found it a pleasant break from the previous ugly ep, where Shep's mask really slipped and the abusive jerk he really is showed up big-time.

The scenery and house (even if it's not really Austen's Aunt's) were absolutely gorgeous, and it was sort of fun watching people attempt to cook things. I've tried Kathryn's meatballs before, and as bizarre as the ingredients sound, it basically just comes out tasting like sweet n'sour meatballs. Works as an appie or can be put over rice, but kind of a strange dish to bring to Thanksgiving. I personally love all those old-school casseroles with broccoli/rice and green beans. Fight me!

I've never had deep fried turkey before, but I hear it's delicious. Consider it a minor miracle that no one was poisoned and the yard wasn't engulfed in flames.

Paige came off as kind of beyotch this ep. especially in the kitchen scene: where she kept saying "I don't like that". Who DOES that? She sounded like a three year old.  Normally I would want to root for her as one of the few brunettes among a sea of blondes, but she seems super impressed with herself, so I won't.

I don't think any of these romantic relationships are real.

I feel kind of bad that Venita keeps getting excluded - she's  certainly no more annoying than anyone else on this show.

• Love 4
On 9/21/2022 at 11:42 PM, Cheezwiz said:

I've tried Kathryn's meatballs before, and as bizarre as the ingredients sound, it basically just comes out tasting like sweet n'sour meatballs

This is a recipe from the 1970s...for tailgating and Super Bowl parties in my CROCK POT experience:

• ·        1 (32 ounce) jar grape jelly
  • ·        2 (12 ounce) bottles tomato-based chili sauce 
  • ·        1 (6 pound) bag frozen cocktail-sized meatballs  (we "rolled our own")
  1. Combine grape jelly and chili sauce in a saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until warm, 5 to 10 minutes.
  2. Place meatballs in crock pot and top with grape jelly mixture.
  3. Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
  • Like 2
On 9/2/2022 at 4:38 PM, ProudMary said:

Next time I make Banana Pudding, I am definitely using Chessmen cookies instead of Nilla Wafers! That's a great substitution.  I'm kinda kicking myself for not thinking of this before. I'm not a big fan of Nilla Wafers, but Chessmen are delicious. 😋 Recipe:

Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding

I guess there’s room for all kinds, but southerners don’t really do banana pudding with jello pudding.  😝 It has to be homemade custard from scratch, made in a double boiler.  I’m normally not a stickler, but on this one I am.  I am shocked Paula Deen sanctioned that one.  Maybe, it’s just NC who are hardcore traditionalists on this.  Lol. It’s one of the few desserts that I can do well. Lol.  Also, the top has toasted merengue.  The wafers are inside and on the sides, not laid on top.  Shop’s was probably ok, but totally not banana pudding, to me.  

It is truly an incredible dessert, if you want to try it sometime.  People will love, love you.  Best served warm.  

https://www.food.com/recipe/nilla-wafers-original-banana-pudding-263597