Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Saul Gone

• Start Topic

I haven't had a good week, and once Howard was murdered, because he was confronting them over what they had done to him, and this sociopath drug dealer just shows up and kills him, I didn't really want to watch any more of it. So, I was glad when Kim showed up, and at least told the truth (in the episode before this? I've had consistent distractions as I've tried to watch this finale, over the last two days). 

I knew that he made it sound like he was going to get Kim into trouble, so that she would show up, and see him do the right thing. Jimmy re-appeared. I also liked that he said it was a crime, getting Chuck's malpractice insurance taken away from him. 

It was good to see Kim volunteering, and doing what she always planned to do. 

I wasn't sure what to expect, because this wasn't BB, even with some of the characters being such a big part of it, and I didn't like Gene/Saul. I'm not sure I really like Jimmy or Kim, anymore, but it was good to see them do the right thing.

Maybe it's just that it's been years since I watched BB, and I've just binged this, but I sort of feel closer to the characters on this, show, than BB.

Edited by Anela
  • Love 2

Watched the finale last night and after sleeping on it I quite liked it. It seemed fitting that after Walt dying and Jesse escaping someone involved actually went to jail. And I am wondering if Saul's confession was enough for Howard's widow to give some sympathy to Kim and not sue her. 

As for the very end, I am not sure what it means for the future of Jimmy and Kim's relationship but at least it is in a way better place than it was when they were signing the divorce papers and he was being a total ass. Plus the shot of them leaning against the wall smoking with the b&w and the shadows looked amazing and Kim's new style looked great too.

A few other small things I was thinking about. It's crazy how easy Cranston can like flip a switch and just be Walt again even after all these years. As for Aaron Paul, sure he looked older, but he was a meth user when he met Walt so that kind of works.

And we pretty much know what happened to everybody, but I wonder what happened to Los Pollos Hermanus? Did it shut down or did someone take it over?

I never saw BCS when it ran initially.  Took me 2 weeks and i finished the whole series.

My thoughts. 

Jimmy eclipsed Chuck in being a lawyer.  For him to get himself down to 7.5 years from over 100 years is amazing.  Then to flush it away because of Kim. Stupidity.  Especially since Kim had no issues throwing Jimmy to the wolves for the whole Howard thing.  Howard didn't deserve to die but what he did to Jimmy and Kim over the years at HHM - he deserved their wrath (IMHO).  Then for Howard's widow to be all sanctimonious about Howard when Kim went to see her. Ugh.

Jimmy should have taken the 7 year deal and just shut up.  Kim made her own bed and let her lie in it.  

• Like 1

Late to the game here as I just just watched the finale last night as I was trying to stretch it out and make it last because there would be no more.

I share sentiments with anyone disappointed in the ending. How could anyone not want Saul to serve his 7 years in a country club prison and reunite with Kim and the dynamic duo ride off into the sunset together....happy at last.

Instead Jimmy's in prison for life? I'd like to think that he has a card  up his sleeve in terms of an appeal based on the way he tanked his own case and that he might still get out some day.

• Like 1

Just saw the series finale. Man, however Jimmy went down, he went down in style, for Kim! Also, all things considered, Jimmy seems more fine in prison than outside of prison, where he never seemed that happy. At least he's surrounded by "his own people" who appreciated his efforts to help criminals get better sentences.

• Like 2

A nuance that just occurred to me.  The line about the thing with Chuck not being a crime and Jimmy saying "yeah, it was".  One of the major themes of the show was what's right and what's legal - that upholding the law didn't make you a "good man".  Chuck thought the two went hand-in hand.  It's a real sign of Jimmy's maturity that he still understands, on a deeper level than Chuck ever did, a more fundamental morality.  Great scene.

• Like 1