Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Autopsy

• Start Topic

NUP_196233_00061.jpg
NUP_196235_00694.jpg

I was getting a little bored, but they pulled off some pretty good crude humor in the 2nd half of the episode. Malcolm Ten, Fleshlight, Judy Cooter naked in the hot tub, Judy Pooper eating Deviled Eggs and needing the bathroom. I was hoping Max and Sahar would show up, but they didn't make it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm crushed that Harry (accidentally) erased Asta's memory of her birthday plans with...now I can't remember her name, but her birthdaughter. It will be hard to repair that. But D'Arcy knows about the plans, so it will get back to her, and that will tip off Asta that something is wrong, Harry will probably be made to confess what he did, and... I don't know what happens then, but it will be A Thing.

The mayor's neediness is exhausting, even if you're not an alien in a hurry to reclaim a corpse. And yet, it was still funny how Harry was calculating his abs to flab ratio and speed of intoxication/likelihood of incontinence.

I still really enjoy the show, but they are clearly flinging plot points around wildly. 

• Like 4
21 hours ago, possibilities said:

The mayor's neediness is exhausting, even if you're not an alien in a hurry to reclaim a corpse. And yet, it was still funny how Harry was calculating his abs to flab ratio and speed of intoxication/likelihood of incontinence.

I have trouble to care for any of the other characters, except Harry, Astra and the two kids. 
I skipped the whole D'arcy date. Those characters are not interesting enough to absorb so much time.  And some are quite annoying, like the mayor.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

While I didn't dislike this episode, it's starting out with the same problem (IMO) it had before the break: Too many storylines going on. I don't care about the mayor and his wife, I don't care about Judy Cooper lusting after the sheriff, I don't care about the deputy's alien abduction among others. And now they're introducing the cop from the next town (forget the name), so that'll probably be something else. And of course, the alien sharpshooter played by Enver Gjokaj—who I really love, but it's just too much. 

However, I laughed out loud at D'Arcy's murder cover-up skills. She's becoming one of my favorite characters, even though I wasn't sure about her at first. 

Just get back to what made this show so great in the first season, show runners—a good, fun story, well told, without all the distractions.

Edited by kirinan
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

Maybe it's me, but I've never understood characters wallowing in guilt over killing someone when it was clearly self-defense. 

Getting rid of the mayor and his wife would, in my opinion, improve the show by an order of magnitude.  I also don't really care about all the ancillary characters, like Judy whatever her name is.    

The show can be really funny (I love pretty much everything Harry says or does) but could do without the stupid, childish humor (Judy, for example, Asta at times).

• Like 3

I've noticed other shows expanding the plot and character offshoots when they've had a too exhausting schedule for a smaller nexus. I think it's a way of hedging against losing someone, but I don't usually think it works. They wind up not going deeply enough into anything to make it really interesting, and just flinging distractions around.

• Love 2

I was underwhelmed. The show has lost the intrigue it had in the first season. I’m more annoyed with alien Harry’s delivery of his dialogue. It’s getting tired and there’s no need for him to talk so stilted and choppy, especially when he speaks just fine in his voiceovers

17 hours ago, mjc570 said:

The show can be really funny (I love pretty much everything Harry says or does) but could do without the stupid, childish humor (Judy, for example, Asta at times)

And Darcy.  Why does she always look like she could use a good shower?

Edited by ctlady
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

D'arcy said in an interview that the apple pie in the date scene was laced with a ton of garlic by the crew as a prank. Then she had to kiss the poor guy!

I feel bad for Jay with Asta missing the birthday outing due to Harry's good intentions.

• Useful 1
On 8/12/2022 at 3:56 PM, mjc570 said:

Getting rid of the mayor and his wife would, in my opinion, improve the show by an order of magnitude.  I also don't really care about all the ancillary characters, like Judy whatever her name is.    

Yes! One thousand times yes! I did laugh at the Judy Cooter/Pooper bit, but other than Asta, Harry, the kids and the cops I really wish all the other characters went back to the background and only popped up enough to support the main storyline. They don't all need their own story. Especially D'arcy and the mayor and his wife!

I have no idea what is happening with Terminator lady and the guy with the alien ball, plus now a different type of alien is there? It's getting overly complicated. I preferred the show when it was really more about Harry trying to assimilate into human life and him working around pretending to be Dr. Vanderspeigle.

One other thing, I also laughed at "They call me Big Black!" "Great! Call me Medium Brown!"

And if you haven't watched Reservation Dogs, Asta's dad as Uncle Brownie on that show is epic!

Edited by Ilovepie
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
On 8/13/2022 at 9:50 AM, ctlady said:

I’m more annoyed with alien Harry’s delivery of his dialogue. It’s getting tired and there’s no need for him to talk so stilted and choppy,

Not only is it getting tired and annoying, it's not believable that those who don't know he's an alien are not being more suspicious of him because of the way he talks and laughs. They might not suspect him of being an alien, but they should suspect him of having done something wrong based on his attempts to act "normal."

On 3/17/2024 at 9:36 PM, Paloma said:

Not only is it getting tired and annoying, it's not believable that those who don't know he's an alien are not being more suspicious of him because of the way he talks and laughs. They might not suspect him of being an alien, but they should suspect him of having done something wrong based on his attempts to act "normal."

Yes it should grt subtler. His laughs a beat off. Not so exaggerated. 

• Like 1

There are some weirdos in my community who it never occurred to me might be aliens. I think people get used to "that's just the way he is" and see it as a kind of social quirk and shrug it off.