Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: ...made someone jealous

• Start Topic

"Eleanor, bring your friend! Friend, bring your robot! Paxton! Bring your new girlfriend! And Paxton, bring your old girlfriend!" Trent continues to be an absolute superstar. 

I still feel like Ben/Devi are going to be endgame, and I like them so that's good with me, but Des is quite cute, he and Devi have good chemistry. I hope that them dating and possibly having issues down the line doesn't hurt Nalini's friendship with Rhyah. 

Nice to see Fabiola and Ben hanging out, Fabiola calling him out on his arrogance was great. I love Ben, but he really can be massively condescending. 

"I'm from a family of high functioning alcoholics!"

"I'm from a family who never gets answers wrong! Also, I'm very sorry about your family..."

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Nice to see Fabiola and Ben hanging out, Fabiola calling him out on his arrogance was great. I love Ben, but he really can be massively condescending. 

He's still excusing his behavior from season 1 (and I assume before the show too) with the "broke his heart" reason. That happened afterwards, plus the "UN" thing was also about Eleanor and Fabiola. Also, he still calls her David. Hi-larious.

Clearly I don't like Ben. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Ben is a massive asshole. I dont think Devi deserves somewhat like that. Devi has her issues, but she doesn't condescend like he does and she has actual friends.  He has huge red flags around him. He also has no friends. The flags are visible from space.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
On 8/14/2022 at 11:02 PM, tennisgurl said:

That was a friendship I didn't know I needed to see more of, but I loved it.

I did die laughing at "I'm not condescending, I just get annoyed when people don't know how to do things" because I know I've said similar things in my life (also why I have faith Ben can grow out of it, especially if he has friends that will call him out).

• Like 6
  • Love 6
On 8/17/2022 at 11:43 PM, Artsda said:

Who owns the house? Pati?.Seems to be if she gets to decide who is allowed in and forces Kamala to move out. 

It's Nalini's house.  But the grandmother is the elder of the family so she's afforded considerable deference.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 8/14/2022 at 5:48 PM, dubbel zout said:

I would like to see Ben treat Devi's friends better before hopping on the Team Ben train. He really is condescending to them. 

Oh my goodness, exactly! As I mentioned in a previous episode, Ben has such a long way to go and I shake my head every time he opens his mouth - it's all well and good for him to make excuses for being a jerk but he's also a stubborn teenage boy and you'd expect that. At least Fabiola taught him a lesson even if for at least one episode so he can begin his path of growth, you gon learn today Ben!

He'd just better get that attitude out of his system before he reaches university or he will have an even lonelier existence long term LOL

As for Des - I get "playboy" vibes from him that I don't quite trust, so while he may not have any long-term potential, at least he's a distraction for Devi to move on from Paxton.

Good on Kamala for taking the initiative to stand up to her family, looks like all those episodes of Riverdale had its intended effect 😆

Edited by Eri
  • Like 3

I’m digging on the sunflower top that Devi wore to the party it was cute. 

On 8/28/2022 at 9:44 PM, Eri said:

As for Des - I get "playboy" vibes from him that I don't quite trust, so while he may not have any long-term potential, at least he's a distraction for Devi to move on from Paxton.

Yes I agree with you. He’s cute, that smile! And his complexion- he’s got Paxton season 1 vibes along with being academically gifted like Devi so I know why she’s attracted. 

On 8/24/2022 at 9:26 PM, SeanC said:

It's Nalini's house.  But the grandmother is the elder of the family so she's afforded considerable deference.

Yup. If the grandmother doesn’t want someone in the house (especially a friend of a junior member) what she says goes. 

On 8/28/2022 at 9:44 PM, Eri said:

Good on Kamala for taking the initiative to stand up to her family, looks like all those episodes of Riverdale had its intended effect 😆

I agree. If Kamala isn’t comfortable with following the guidelines set by the elders, then she should have her own place. I think it would be best for her anyway. She can still visit if she wants, but she can be fully independent and live her life how she wants.