Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: ...had my own troll

• Start Topic

So much to love about this show.  
I prefer when a show only drops one episode per week so we can unpack it here. 
I wonder who decides?  
1 episode per day could be interesting.

Anyway, I love how thoroughly these 2 episodes have explored some coming-of-age issues that other shows either barely mention or just totally screw up. 
Is there an award for Best At Dealing With Relationship Issues or something like that?  
Maybe for the next PrimeTimer Awards.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I only just realized that Manish the English teacher is the husband on Ghosts!

I recently binged Ghosts and looked to see if I had seen some of the cast in other places.  That's when I found out.  It kind of cracks me up because I didn't think I recognized him while I think I recognize the nutritionist in this episode and Ben's girlfriend but I can't tell from where even after looking at IMDb.

I recently binged the most recent season of Indian Matchmaker so the scene with Kamala, her grandmother and Minesh cracked me up when he was listing his background of being born in the middle of the US, has divorced parents and his dad married a white woman and Kamala's grandmother fainted.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I recently binged Ghosts and looked to see if I had seen some of the cast in other places.  That's when I found out.  It kind of cracks me up because I didn't think I recognized him while I think I recognize the nutritionist in this episode and Ben's girlfriend but I can't tell from where even after looking at IMDb.

Yes!  The nutritionist is really bugging me.  I know her from something, but I didn't recognize any of the names in the credits, and IMDB's not updated yet. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I also recognize the nutritionist but I don't know where I know her from.

Sarayu Blue plays the nutritionist, "Rhyah — the daughter-in-law of one of Nirmala’s buddies" (netflixlife.com/2022/08/13/sarayu-blue-age-instagram-roles-never-have-i-ever) who saves Devi's grandma Nirmala from a trip to the ER.

To me, Blue is one of those H!ITG! actors. 
Her IMDb page at least shows me some of the places I've seen her:  https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0710605/

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Sarayu Blue plays the nutritionist, "Rhyah — the daughter-in-law of one of Nirmala’s buddies" (netflixlife.com/2022/08/13/sarayu-blue-age-instagram-roles-never-have-i-ever) who saves Devi's grandma Nirmala from a trip to the ER.

To me, Blue is one of those H!ITG! actors. 
Her IMDb page at least shows me some of the places I've seen her:  https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0710605/

Thank you!  I must have recognized her from I Feel Bad, even though otherwise I barely remember that show.

I knew the name of the actress because wikipedia had been updated.  But even looking at her IMDb, I'm at a loss.  It's not that I haven't seen an episode of a show she did, but it's not like seeing the credits made me go "aha, that's who that is" like I did with Manish.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I knew the name of the actress because wikipedia had been updated.  But even looking at her IMDb, I'm at a loss.  It's not that I haven't seen an episode of a show she did, but it's not like seeing the credits made me go "aha, that's who that is" like I did with Manish.

If you are from the UK, maybe she reminds you of Anita Rani. Thats who I first thought of.

Edited by Aulty

Aneesa and Fabiola now? I can get into that, Aneesa is certainly an upgrade from her last girlfriend. Her robot at the soccer game with a pompom was adorable. Ben and Aneesa were also obviously not working, even beyond Ben's lingering feeling towards Devi, they just have different priorities. 

I am surprised that the troll plot ended so quickly. Not surprising that Paxton has been crappy to other girls he's been with, we saw how he acted with Devi at first, but every single girl in the room, including every girl Devi had investigated as the possible troll and even the janitor who's sick of scrapping his name off the girls bathroom, all getting in a line for Paxton to apologize to made it hilarious. 

Now that I've seen Ghosts, all I can think when see Devi's teacher is that Jay needs to get back to the manor to help with whatever shenanigans the ghosts have gotten into now. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 8/13/2022 at 9:11 AM, SoMuchTV said:

Yes!  The nutritionist is really bugging me.  I know her from something, but I didn't recognize any of the names in the credits, and IMDB's not updated yet. 

She just appeared in the awful movie The Out-Laws on Netflix.  A real stinker.  But that's obviously not what you saw her in before.  I'm just catching up on this show now. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie