Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Revelation

• Start Topic

THE Dumbest Cop Award goes to....what an idiot. Do I wish her dead, no, but seriously does not deserve this role!

Ugh with Smurf. Just jealous of Julia. Enough. What did she think was going to happen with Baz in the house and no other friends? Pope's reaction was strange, but again, there's always that undercurrent of incest everywhere 🤮 Of course she knew that Pope wouldn't want to fill bullets and he would go looking for B&J. 

I wish we could have seen how Smurf got the house. Did she make an offer the former owners couldn't refuse? 

Renn & Craig are so dumb. SMH. This show is nearly unwatchable these days. Seems like the same stuff each episode - just filling time.

That job was so stupid, too.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

What was Renn thinking, doing a minor league snatch and grab? Craig wasn't even ready for that, and for what?  Crazy slap-o-matic game they were playing with the other brain dead fool too.

Stupid cop should have known that it's illegal in CA for tow trucks to swoop in on customers.  And then she gives up her location.

• Useful 1

Poor Little Nick. That kid doesn't stand a chance at a normal childhood.

Deran and J "developing talent" with Deran's employee sort of reminded me of early J. It could be an interesting angle, but it seems late in the final season to introduce a new person for the Codys to do business with.

Still hate that cop, but I suspect this isn't going to end well for at least Pope and possible all the Codys.

• Like 2

Well we had three scenes of Pope advancing on folks.

I do wonder if Smurf's little fragmenting bullets lesson will come into play? Anything could have been used to separate Pope from his sister long enough for Baz to get his pants off.

• Like 2

I can't stand that cop and I hope she meets her demise.  She's stupid, and the last thing you'd want to do is mistreat your informant like she did Taylor because you wouldn't want him/her to betray you.   

Speaking of stupid:  Craig.  I feel sorry for that poor little baby and I hope he winds up with another family.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

There were some nice call-backs to Season 1 in this episode: Smurf teaching Pope how to make loads (I think that's the terminology - filling their own bullets) just like she did with J back in Season 1. And Deran asking J if he remembered the skin stapler, also a callback to a first season episode where they had to do that to J. 

That aside, they really don't seem to know what to do with Deran, Craig or J at this point, all their scenes feel aimless and like afterthoughts. The writers are so invested in Pope and the flashbacks they don't seem to care about anything else. 

When Pope was sweeping the house for bugs I thought, what a good thing they have all these gadgets. They seem to have every device known to mankind, I wonder where they keep them all. There must be an espionage cabinet somewhere.

What was Renn thinking, doing a minor league snatch and grab? Craig wasn't even ready for that, and for what? 

I couldn't even figure out what she took - a case of something?

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

There must be an espionage cabinet somewhere.

An underground bunker and someone like James Bond's "Q" to make/get them for them! 

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

A case of beer or something it seemed to me. I was surprised at her speed in the state she was in.

Anything could have been used to separate Pope from his sister long enough for Baz to get his pants off.

Anything that he wouldn't want to do after a short period of time. 

That's such a horrible life. Stuck with Smurf as a mother, no friends, can't do anything. I was shocked that Pope even knew what a movie was & they'd be able to do something outside the "compound". ETA: Julia got a job but that lasted all of 2 seconds.

Edited by Kristi800
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, Pallida said:

Renn took a case of lottery tickets. I’m pretty sure the serial numbers on those are tracked, so even if they were winners, they wouldn’t be able to claim them. 

It was like when Deran went on the dentist job for fun.  It would take to much honest work to scratch off and check numbers

• LOL 1

Wow Craig one day with Renn and you go right back down the drain. Not caring about the baby at all, what if that employee had hit the baby with the bottle? Renn is appalling and needs the baby taken from her. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

I really like the actress who plays Renn otherwise I wouldn't be able to stand the character. What trash.

The FBI agent was annoying me until today. She was formidable, strong and sexy, standing up to Pope. 

I continue to love the acting on this show.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, iMonrey said:

There were some nice call-backs to Season 1 in this episode: Smurf teaching Pope how to make loads (I think that's the terminology - filling their own bullets) just like she did with J back in Season 1. And Deran asking J if he remembered the skin stapler, also a callback to a first season episode where they had to do that to J. 

That aside, they really don't seem to know what to do with Deran, Craig or J at this point, all their scenes feel aimless and like afterthoughts. The writers are so invested in Pope and the flashbacks they don't seem to care about anything else. 

When Pope was sweeping the house for bugs I thought, what a good thing they have all these gadgets. They seem to have every device known to mankind, I wonder where they keep them all. There must be an espionage cabinet somewhere.

How many episodes are left? I am really curious of how they're going to wrap up everyone's storylines. I'm only watching the flashbacks to see how/why Smurf kicks Julia out and have confirmation that Baz was J's dad. That's all I care about.

Did Deran and J know that Pope killed Catherine?

Why is J looking for info on his girlfriend's husband?

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Why is J looking for info on his girlfriend's husband?

J. might have a fight coming with a jealous husband. And he knows it is not just any guy, who might have never been in a fight before, but someone trained with lethal skills.

• Like 1

I'm only watching the flashbacks to see how/why Smurf kicks Julia out and have confirmation that Baz was J's dad. That's all I care about.

Unless there's a time jump or revisionist history there's not enough time to get there. The flashbacks are taking place in 1992 and J wasn't born until around 1999. And apparently he and Julia were still around long enough for J to meet his uncles - in the pilot episode, Smurf said he hadn't seen them since he was little. So Julia did not entirely ditch her family until some time after J was born.

We also don't know if Smurf kicked her out or if she left voluntarily, but at her funeral the neighbors seemed to suggest the reason she left her family in the first place was to keep J away from them.

Did Deran and J know that Pope killed Catherine?

Nope, not until now. But Baz knew, and forgave him because he knew Smurf manipulated him into doing it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Deran, beware of barbacks bearing gifts, or quick, unnecessary thieving jobs.

I still think J's married girlfriend Penny is setting him up to take out her husband.

Didn't take long for Pope to figure out skater boi Tyler was problematic. And then it didn't take long for the kid to give up Det. Thompson. She was either extremely overconfident or she wanted Pope to come after her.

Door locks exist for a reason. Whatever, yeah, Smurf knew what she doing, well enough to make it seem like an accident that Andrew walked in on Julia and Baz.

These guys walking around in broad daylight in masks and gloves. Pre-pandemic that was going to be a huge red flag. Also, Deran's vehicle can probably be traced back to him.

Something was weird about that dentist office job. Was one set of the boxes a decoy or was Tommy just too eager? Or better yet, is Tommy a cop or an informant?

What are the odds a tow truck will happen to be right behind you when your car stops running on the freeway?

And just like that Craig's life is chaos again because of his druggy baby mama. Renn's erratic behavior is probably going to get him arrested and Nick in foster care--or worse.

Whoa, Pope's read on that detective situation was completely wrong. If only all she wanted was money.

I just don't get why Smurf was so determined to break up Baz and Julia. Jealousy?

• Like 1