Type keyword(s) to search

Welcome To Wrexham - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A big fuck you to Alex Hamilton this week - the context of this is not in the same time as the takeover as the regaining of the freehold was officially 29th of June this year and they announced the plans for The Kop on the 15th of June

• Love 1

They did a good job of showing why these fans are lifers.

They showed supporters like the 97 year old man who became a supporter at age 6 or 7.

Or they showed an actual kid, who was like 8?  Became hooked after seeing his first match a couple of years ago.

People bond over sports and have memories associated with specific matches and happenings around the team.

I think the socioeconomic situation of the town adds to this.  It's interesting that instead of turning to opiates like some US cities in the Rust Belt, the football club was their drug or at least kept the community together.

• Like 1
On 9/4/2022 at 7:33 PM, Welshman in Ca said:

All so simple & before you know they’ll be playing in the premier league. 🙄

Best of luck to them but it’s not going to be as simple as that. 

They didn't buy a team because they wanted to be in the premier league.  Or even at Level 4.  I do believe it's where they'd love to go but their decision was clearly a business decision once they decided they wanted to be owners.  They  mentioned they had someone looking at different clubs they could buy and settled on Wrexham.  Humbugged gave a good explanation of those business reasons.  So why Wrexham?  Low cost to purchase.  Lower competition.  Potentially other revenue streams supported and/or available to them. 

Rob can say he recognizes the people in the town and he probably does.  They can talk about the support which they probably appreciate.  But ultimately, they wanted to own a team and thought this one was the best bang for the buck. I don't think they chose this team for any other reason beyond that like having a friend from this town or falling in love with the team as a kid or even throwing a dart at a map to see where it landed.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 1

This whole thing is a smaller scale version of what happened at Portsmouth. Michael Eisner (former CEO at Disney) paid $7.5m for the club in 2017, also having to win approval of a Supporters Trust. At that time, Portsmouth had just been promoted to League One (tier 3 - Wrexham are in tier 5). They are still in League One today, though they are doing well this season so far. This article is from 2019:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2019/08/03/disneys-ex-boss-reveals-magic-formula-for-getting-into-soccers-premier-league/

So Eisner hasn't gone crazy. He's cautious, and rightly so. He wants promotion to the Championship (tier 2) but too many clubs up there spend beyond their means and get into terrible trouble (e.g. Derby County).

I'd be surprised if RR McReynolds haven't looked closely at what's been done at Portsmouth. The Premier League is probably a bit of an ask for Wrexham, but there are plenty of clubs in League One now who were in Wrexham's division 5-6 years ago, e.g. Lincoln, Forest Green.

Based on the previews, it appears that this week's episodes of the show will see them finally see the team play in person, so that should be entertaining for all.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Xarquol said:

This whole thing is a smaller scale version of what happened at Portsmouth. Michael Eisner (former CEO at Disney) paid $7.5m for the club in 2017, also having to win approval of a Supporters Trust. At that time, Portsmouth had just been promoted to League One (tier 3 - Wrexham are in tier 5). They are still in League One today, though they are doing well this season so far. This article is from 2019:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2019/08/03/disneys-ex-boss-reveals-magic-formula-for-getting-into-soccers-premier-league/

So Eisner hasn't gone crazy. He's cautious, and rightly so. He wants promotion to the Championship (tier 2) but too many clubs up there spend beyond their means and get into terrible trouble (e.g. Derby County).

I'd be surprised if RR McReynolds haven't looked closely at what's been done at Portsmouth. The Premier League is probably a bit of an ask for Wrexham, but there are plenty of clubs in League One now who were in Wrexham's division 5-6 years ago, e.g. Lincoln, Forest Green.

Based on the previews, it appears that this week's episodes of the show will see them finally see the team play in person, so that should be entertaining for all.

The people who set up Eisner to buy Pompey were the same people who set this deal up for Rob 

• Useful 1

Episode 7 was kind of filler, they decided to give some background about Welsh culture and so they have various parodies or maybe skits.  It was okay but it kind of broke the narrative flow where they talked about the soccer culture.

Episode 8, back to the normal narrative about the season.  But Rob and Ryan finally fly over ... to attend an away game.

Turns out that they play at a town which is less than an hour drive from London.  Because you know they flew over their families and they're staying in posh London hotels while they film this episode of them going to and attending the game for an evening, while the Wrexham supporters rode a bus 3.5 to 4 hours each way to attend the game.

There has to be 2 more episodes left at most right?  They are only 10 games into the season and have 30 more.  So they really haven't covered how the season is going or why they're playing poorly.  Maybe they didn't want it to make it too much about the game itself, just the culture around the game.

It's pretty obvious by now that this TV show is their main priority and then they probably went shopping for a club, not the other way around.

Though I don't know why Ryan would be particularly interested in doing a TV show, he'd probably make more money doing a movie instead.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, aghst said:

Episode 7 was kind of filler, they decided to give some background about Welsh culture and so they have various parodies or maybe skits.  It was okay but it kind of broke the narrative flow where they talked about the soccer culture.

Episode 8, back to the normal narrative about the season.  But Rob and Ryan finally fly over ... to attend an away game.

Turns out that they play at a town which is less than an hour drive from London.  Because you know they flew over their families and they're staying in posh London hotels while they film this episode of them going to and attending the game for an evening, while the Wrexham supporters rode a bus 3.5 to 4 hours each way to attend the game.

There has to be 2 more episodes left at most right?  They are only 10 games into the season and have 30 more.  So they really haven't covered how the season is going or why they're playing poorly.  Maybe they didn't want it to make it too much about the game itself, just the culture around the game.

It's pretty obvious by now that this TV show is their main priority and then they probably went shopping for a club, not the other way around.

Though I don't know why Ryan would be particularly interested in doing a TV show, he'd probably make more money doing a movie instead.

16 episodes in Season 1

And taking a flight from LA is 10-12 hours plus an extra hour to get to Maidstone . Next week they will be in Wrexham as they could not get there due to Covid travel restictions and It's Alway Sunny being filmed just finished shooting at the end of October , Maidenhead  was 26th Oct and they were bodily at the Torquay game on the 30th Oct

• Love 2

I loved the (very special) Welsh episode.  I don't know much about Wales even though I have been there and do know a lot of British history.  I do like that Rob and Ryan are able to make fun of themselves.

Still wondering why they really wanted to buy a team.

• Like 1

Well they finally made it over to Wrexham.

They were treated like the Beatles or something.  Guess celebrity goes a long way, with that one boy saying he used to be a Liverpool fan until Deadpool bought the club.

Probably sold a lot of merchandise but the club didn’t get the results they needed.

Wonder how long the charm offensive lasts if the club is stuck for a couple of years, with losses being £1 million each year.

• Like 1
On 9/23/2022 at 12:42 AM, aghst said:

Wonder how long the charm offensive lasts if the club is stuck for a couple of years, with losses being £1 million each year.

This is something I was wondering, that £1.1 million = $1.34 million is a staggering number. I do think Ryan and Rob are committed to the team, but that’s a lot of change to lose. Their families are currently supportive, how long does that actually last? 

I really did enjoy this episode, the retroactive red card ruling to Mullin is something I didn’t know existed. I grew up with both my sisters playing soccer so I’ve been familiar with the game, but that rule was a first for me. The parents at my 9 year old niece’s soccer games are talking about the show so it’s really gaining steam in popularity here. 

Ryan doesn't seem to be struggling at all.  Looks like he's trying to make his Aviator Gin a big deal so that he could probably sell it to a spirits conglomerate for billions or hundreds of millions.

Just now, aghst said:

Looks like he's trying to make his Aviator Gin a big deal so that he could probably sell it to a spirits conglomerate for billions or hundreds of millions.

I thought he already did that.

• Like 2

They both may need some financial losses to lessen their taxes.  Investing in this type of team seems to ensure at least a couple (if not more) of financially losing seasons.  The stadium needs repair so it can't be filled to capacity and they are bring in new management and talent at a higher cost.  Having the t.v. series on FX would bring in some revenue, but I think they will have losses for quite a while.

9 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Anyone else fixated on the volunteer saying some of their people treat staff rudely?  That left me unexpectedly curious.  I love Power Chair!

Not R & R, he was talking about the trust/Spencer Harris who controlled the club before they took over

Interesting episode about hooliganism, wow 39 people killed at that one match.

Also that couple, she loses a job because her bf has a police record from violence at matches and she doesn’t want a child from him.

The other episode, Ryan and Rob has to decide whether to keep the manager and buy a striker.  Rob isn’t happy to invite all his Philly friends for a watch party only to see a 0-0 game.

But they get hot, rise to 3rd in the table so Ryan and Rob spend more money in the January transfer window.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:50 AM, Humbugged said:

Not R & R, he was talking about the trust/Spencer Harris who controlled the club before they took over

I meant the women they talked with before going to the pub - the woman with straight reddish hair said they hired some people who weren’t nice to the volunteers, and there was no follow up.  Or did I misunderstand her?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I meant the women they talked with before going to the pub - the woman with straight reddish hair said they hired some people who weren’t nice to the volunteers, and there was no follow up.  Or did I misunderstand her?

Think they were going on about Shaun Harvey and Fleur . It is  the fact that some of them got jobs at the club and some did not like Spencer who went back to his job full time

9 hours ago, aghst said:

Interesting episode about hooliganism, wow 39 people killed at that one match.

Also that couple, she loses a job because her bf has a police record from violence at matches and she doesn’t want a child from him.

The other episode, Ryan and Rob has to decide whether to keep the manager and buy a striker.  Rob isn’t happy to invite all his Philly friends for a watch party only to see a 0-0 game.

But they get hot, rise to 3rd in the table so Ryan and Rob spend more money in the January transfer window.

I was at the Old Firm game where the riot happened (not a new thing as this was happening in the 1920's as well)

On 9/25/2022 at 8:35 PM, seacliffsal said:

They both may need some financial losses to lessen their taxes.  Investing in this type of team seems to ensure at least a couple (if not more) of financially losing seasons.

But this is a foreign investment.  I don't know the tax laws (which is why I hire someone to do mine) but I don't think it's the same kind of write-off that you can do with a loss incurred in connection with a US company. 

On 9/29/2022 at 9:10 PM, aghst said:

She really needs to move on.   Being with someone for 12 years off and on is just not good.  Also, if a grown 30 something man is still not acting like an actual grown up he never will.   Take your cute dog and be by yourself or with a friend or whoever just not this dude.  

That call that Rob got about how "well you gave us a budget of 1.5M and we've spent 2.8M (something close to that)"  was unbelievable!  Can you imagine having so much money that you can first have a budget of 1.5M to begin with then barely bat an eye when the budget went over by a million dollars!   I like R&R and it seems like the town really needs this team but it seems like they're able to just buy everything they want.  I can't think of anything or anyone that they wanted not coming to fruition once they threw money at it.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, I Want My MBTV said:

She really needs to move on.   Being with someone for 12 years off and on is just not good.  Also, if a grown 30 something man is still not acting like an actual grown up he never will.   Take your cute dog and be by yourself or with a friend or whoever just not this dude.  

Was there anyone who watched the Hooligan episode that wasn't willing Saskia to leave him? When they had the conversation about him buying season tickets, even though he's banned from attending games for years, because he wanted to make sure he was with his friends when he could go again, you knew he was always going to choose the game/mates over her.

I think losing out on the detective job might be a wake up call. It appears her friends are walking the fine line of 'he's no good for you, but we're not going to say it, so we can keep the lines open for when you're ready to leave'.

With the recent tanking of the pound, Rob & Ryan should save a little money on their investment, but I think with all new purchases it might be a case of you have spend more up front to see pay off in the long run. Like sure it might have been nice if they hadn't had to replace the pitch, but that's a safety issue. They've hired people that know more than they do.

I think it's interesting they pepper the story of how they team is doing with deeper dives like Hooligan. It's a much stronger series because of that, than what I expected as viewer.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

Was there anyone who watched the Hooligan episode that wasn't willing Saskia to leave him? When they had the conversation about him buying season tickets, even though he's banned from attending games for years, because he wanted to make sure he was with his friends when he could go again, you knew he was always going to choose the game/mates over her.

And there was the part of the interview where she mentioned that he told her he could change if the had a kid.. As her friend alluded to, at 33 rears old, he's not going to change.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, I Want My MBTV said:

That call that Rob got about how "well you gave us a budget of 1.5M and we've spent 2.8M (something close to that)"  was unbelievable!  Can you imagine having so much money that you can first have a budget of 1.5M to begin with then barely bat an eye when the budget went over by a million dollars!   I like R&R and it seems like the town really needs this team but it seems like they're able to just buy everything they want.  I can't think of anything or anyone that they wanted not coming to fruition once they threw money at it.  

It doesn't work like that in the British football system, or most football systems, there are clubs who are hundreds of millions in debt with nothing but the debt to show for it and there are now limits on the yearly losses so you can't just throw money at the problem until it makes a difference. I hope they have some success if only because they are a Welsh team. The USA besides calling it soccer also uses a different league system to most of the rest of the world without the threat of relegation and falling out of the main leagues.

31 minutes ago, aghst said:

Hundreds of millions?

And they're not necessarily EPL clubs?

There are a few championship clubs (level below premier league) & maybe even below that, look up Derby County. Just so you know it's not actually called the English PL but just Premier league

Edited by Welshman in Ca
1 hour ago, Rickster said:

Odd to see them running 4 episodes last night, plus my DVR says 4 episodes next week. Also noticed that the first 4 episodes were being rerun as a block last night on ESPN.

Kevinnnnnnn !!!!!!

5 hours ago, Rickster said:

Odd to see them running 4 episodes last night, plus my DVR says 4 episodes next week. Also noticed that the first 4 episodes were being rerun as a block last night on ESPN.

ESPN was showing the early episodes for some reason too last night.  SO they will have over 20 episodes for the season?

As for the episodes last night.tough thing for Jordan and his wife to go through.  Did they get access to film them at home before whatever problems which resulted in the loss of their son?  Or did they film it afterwards and made it appear like some of it was filmed before?

He's one of the stars on the club so he seems to have a big salary, drives a Mercedes while other players are cramming into a little Ford or whatever that little hatchback was.

The young player who wanted to go to another club so he could start instead of being a bench player drove away in a BMW.  There must be a wide range of salaries.  It makes sense that they paid a lot for Mullin and Ollie Holmes, who were stars on teams which were a couple of divisions up.

But they're also selling a lot more merchandise, with Rob and Ryan taking over bringing a lot of publicity to the club and they start winning and the kids in Wrexham decide to support the local club rather than a big name club in the PL like Liverpool.

Plus the matches seem to be sellouts, both at home and on the road -- presumably the club gets some of the gate receipts on away matches, since they're bringing a lot of their own supporters to these other cities.

The Hollywood episode was funny, Rob being envious of all the adulation Ryan was getting on his solo visit, mainly to film a commercial it seemed, disrupting the weekly schedule of the team in preparation for the match.  They had an exciting comeback win against a team they should have beaten easily.

1 hour ago, aghst said:

But they're also selling a lot more merchandise, with Rob and Ryan taking over bringing a lot of publicity to the club and they start winning and the kids in Wrexham decide to support the local club rather than a big name club in the PL like Liverpool.

Plus the matches seem to be sellouts, both at home and on the road -- presumably the club gets some of the gate receipts on away matches, since they're bringing a lot of their own supporters to these other cities.

They also have sponsorship they could only have dreamed of a couple of years ago which is what is probably paying the higher wages. As for gate receipts the home club are usually the only beneficiary in the league games & the gate receipts would be shared for cup games.

• Love 2

Wrexham is playing in the 4th round for the FA Cup on Saturday 10/15, it’s going to be on ESPN+ ESPN 2(!!!) at 7:30am Eastern, for anyone on this side of the pond. No word on it being shown elsewhere yet. 

Edited by ilovethedark
Spelling, update to channel
  • Love 2

Well the final episode they stretched out the semifinal game so you knew they weren’t going to win.

The Wembley game was also a letdown but 25,000 supporters went to London?  Supposedly Wrexham has been in economic decline for decades.  Someone has money.  Jordan Davies is doing well as a footballer buT he grew up with a nanny?

Poor Rob, he still hasn’t seen the club win a match when he attends.

Was funny When Rob hugged Ryan before he hugged his wife Kaitlin.

Team seemed pretty inconsistent and not so good defending.  Their goal difference may not have been so good.

That’s despite spending all the money on players.  Will their best players, who had come down to the National League, stay another season or look to play for a club in more glamorous leagues?  Also interesting to know that teams in tHe league above them not only Has greater revenues but potentially lower player payroll costs.

Rob may not have movie star money like Ryan but hIs show has been on the air so long that he must be doing pretty well.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:55 PM, ilovethedark said:

Wrexham is playing in the 4th round for the FA Cup on Saturday 10/15, it’s going to be on ESPN+ ESPN 2(!!!) at 7:30am Eastern, for anyone on this side of the pond. No word on it being shown elsewhere yet. 

IIRC even the final of the FA Cup wasn't shown on broadcast ESPN last season! This game is a chance for Wrexham to reach the First Round "Proper", where clubs from the two divisions above them enter the competiton. If they then managed to be drawn against one of the bigger League One clubs, you can imagine a big circus around that.

Last season, they did reach the First Round, but I don't think we were shown any of the FA Cup on "Welcome to Wrexham". I was surprised by that, because they played at Marine in the Fourth Qualifying Round. They could have done a quick piece on the magic of the FA Cup, and how a couple of years ago Marine (three divisions below Wrexham) managed to get to the round where the Premier League clubs enter the competiton, and ended up with a home game against Tottenham Hotspur.

5 hours ago, aghst said:

Jordan Davies is doing well as a footballer buT he grew up with a nanny?

That would have been his grandmother they were talking about.

Do we know how well the show has rated? It seems like they've been burning off episodes on FX so they can get it all on Hulu as quickly as possible.

Presumably they are making a second season about the current Wrexham season. They will need their Hollywood ending with promotion though.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, aghst said:

The Wembley game was also a letdown but 25,000 supporters went to London?  Supposedly Wrexham has been in economic decline for decades.  Someone has money.  Jordan Davies is doing well as a footballer buT he grew up with a nanny?

Team seemed pretty inconsistent and not so good defending.  Their goal difference may not have been so good.

That’s despite spending all the money on players.  Will their best players, who had come down to the National League, stay another season or look to play for a club in more glamorous leagues?  Also interesting to know that teams in tHe league above them not only Has greater revenues but potentially lower player payroll costs.

Rob may not have movie star money like Ryan but hIs show has been on the air so long that he must be doing pretty well.

Every single fan in the UK will suddenly find money if their club is in a once in a blue moon Wembley final, beg, borrow or even steal the money to get there. The coach & cheapest tickets probably didn't amount to much more  than $100, this competition is not exactly the superbowl & ticket prices would reflect the level they are at.

Nanny or Nan or Garndmama for royals (apparently) in the UK is the same as Granny in the US, doesn't mean a paid nanny.

Their goal difference wouldn't make any difference unless they were equal on points with someone but yeah they weren't great at defending.

The players will be on contracts that usually last 3 to 4 years but they could still get sold to another team while under contract. Unless they go up 2 or 3 leagues it isn't that much more glamorous anyway but the fact that they have to pay more to entice higher league players was interesting but makes sense, although the average pay across the team may be about the same.

Wrexham probably have better crowds than a lot of teams in the league above them & now certainly have greater revenues than a lot of teams 2 leagues above them with all of the sponsorship they seem to now have.

It really is one of the harder leagues to get out of and is littered with teams previously in the top 4 leagues, I just counted 8 of the 24 there that I can remember Cardiff City playing against when I used to go to games years ago.

Spoiler

After 13 games of this season so far they are in 2nd place as of today but there are over 30 games to go.

As for ESPN & their FA cup coverage, it is awful and the cup deserves much better than the coverage they give it, even on ESPN+.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
On 10/14/2022 at 8:39 AM, Xarquol said:

IIRC even the final of the FA Cup wasn't shown on broadcast ESPN last season! This game is a chance for Wrexham to reach the First Round "Proper", where clubs from the two divisions above them enter the competiton. If they then managed to be drawn against one of the bigger League One clubs, you can imagine a big circus around that.

Last season, they did reach the First Round, but I don't think we were shown any of the FA Cup on "Welcome to Wrexham". I was surprised by that, because they played at Marine in the Fourth Qualifying Round. They could have done a quick piece on the magic of the FA Cup, and how a couple of years ago Marine (three divisions below Wrexham) managed to get to the round where the Premier League clubs enter the competiton, and ended up with a home game against Tottenham Hotspur.

That would have been his grandmother they were talking about.

Do we know how well the show has rated? It seems like they've been burning off episodes on FX so they can get it all on Hulu as quickly as possible.

Presumably they are making a second season about the current Wrexham season. They will need their Hollywood ending with promotion though.

I think they wanted to finish so they can start airing American Horror Story through the October Halloween season. 

If they make new episodes for a second season, they’re better off with one 90 minute episode per week since the episodes seem to run over. The last two weeks were brutal running from 10 pm until past midnight. 

• Love 2
On 10/15/2022 at 12:33 PM, StaceyNotStacie said:

If they make new episodes for a second season, they’re better off with one 90 minute episode per week since the episodes seem to run over. The last two weeks were brutal running from 10 pm until past midnight.

If they do a second season, it will have to be really different. This season did a great job of exploring what it means to be a fan, what Wrexham means to the town, the dynamic of being a new owner etc. I think there's only so many ways to tell stories about the team that aren't based on what is happening on the pitch and they used a lot of them.

As it was, it thought the last couple of episodes really began to drag.

I did like the "Toyota caterer" though.

• Like 2
On 10/14/2022 at 1:33 AM, aghst said:

Well the final episode they stretched out the semifinal game so you knew they weren’t going to win.

I thought the same about the timing of the show and how it was a giveaway for the outcome.

I wonder if the show footed the bill to have some fans travel to the Wembley game.

Regarding the FA Cup games at the weekend:

Spoiler

Wrexham could only draw with Blyth Spartans on Saturday, so there will be a replay at the Racecourse tomorrow (Tuesday). The draw for the First Round "proper" was made today. If Wrexham can beat Blyth, they will play either Oldham or Chester, who also replay tomorrow. Oldham are in the same National League division as Wrexham, and are another example of a club mishandled by its owners, having been both in the Premier League and the FA Cup semi-finals as recently as 1994. But Chester would be a chance to meet their local rivals for the first time since 2010, when the original Chester City FC went out of business. This Chester FC is a "phoenix" club that has gradually been climbing up the pyramid since its formation. I don't know what proportion of Wrexham fans see this Chester as the "real" Chester, but I'm sure they wouldn't want to lose a cup tie to them should it occur.

On 10/16/2022 at 6:23 PM, xaxat said:

If they do a second season, it will have to be really different. This season did a great job of exploring what it means to be a fan, what Wrexham means to the town, the dynamic of being a new owner etc. I think there's only so many ways to tell stories about the team that aren't based on what is happening on the pitch and they used a lot of them.

As it was, it thought the last couple of episodes really began to drag.

I did like the "Toyota caterer" though.

I honestly don't know how they could keep up US viewer interest through a second season, for all the reasons you mentioned. I could see where they might do a 60-90 minute update special at some point next year though.

Funny, I thought the complete opposite.  I wasn't totally hooked on the series until the last few episodes.  I thought the last 2 episodes in particular were the best of the entire season.  I'm hoping for a 2nd season now, I do think it will help if the team moves up to the next level at the end of this season - to add to the excitement.  But I'm confident they're talented and creative enough to make a 2nd season enjoyable and entertaining.   

• Love 1

I got really invested in this show.  The town is fascinating.  I'd love at least a limited season 2.   There seem to be enough characters in Wrexham to populate more episodes.

• Love 2

Saw a news story on CBS today that Reynolds and McElhenney got to meet King Charles at the stadium grounds with the team, as the King and Camilla were visiting to celebrate Wrexham getting the official status of “city”. Who knows, maybe there will be a second season.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Humbugged said:

So away to Cov City and they won 4-3 from the Championship 63 places above them

Big night as they will leading the show at the top of Match of the Day

It was a great game with Wrexham leading 4-1 at one stage and Coventry down to 10 men but they were hanging on at the end with both teams giving it 100%.  Thank you ESPN+ for the live coverage of all the FA Cup games.

9 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

It was a great game with Wrexham leading 4-1 at one stage and Coventry down to 10 men but they were hanging on at the end with both teams giving it 100%.  Thank you ESPN+ for the live coverage of all the FA Cup games.

The coverage on the Beeb was funny as Danny Murphy who comes from Chester was gritting his teeth while praising Wrexham while Wrexham fans at the game were calling Cov a knock off Chester

• Like 1

An ESPN feature about Ryan and his ownership of the club.  Talks about being stopped in the streets of NY and people talking about Wrexham, not his other projects.

Contains spoilers about how this season has been going.

Read in ESPN: https://apple.news/AET2xZaZAQhyIytP_2EbLRA

• Like 2

Article today in the Sports section of the NY Times confirms they are filming a second season of Welcome to Wrexham. The article largely focuses on the success of the Notts County, who Wrexham are competing with for promotion this season. The producers have been meeting with Notts County to see how much they want to be featured in the upcoming season.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Rickster said:

Article today in the Sports section of the NY Times confirms they are filming a second season of Welcome to Wrexham. The article largely focuses on the success of the Notts County, who Wrexham are competing with for promotion this season. The producers have been meeting with Notts County to see how much they want to be featured in the upcoming season.

They play each other today in what is being called the biggest game ever in the National league. In other news RR has apparently bought a  house in Wrexham.

For anyone interested Wrexham beat Notts county 3-2 after the Wrexham Keeper saved a penalty in injury time.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2