Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E20: Just Don’t Be a Stranger, Okay?

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Hope, Lizzie, MG, Kaleb, Jed, Cleo and Alaric reflect on recent events and what comes next for each of them. Hope and Lizzie each find solace from unexpected yet welcome sources.

Series finale. Airdate: June 16, 2022

38 minutes ago, GaT said:

Well, we got to see Caroline finally. Other than that, so, so bored.

I have not watched this show in months, I think the last episode I watched was either Josie's last episode or the one directly after that.  The reason for not watching was mainly because the CW would screw with the schedule so much (Same reason why I gave up on the Flash.), I just stopped trying to figure out when it was new.  But I also realized that I just did not care about the vast majority of the characters.  Especially the newer characters.

Anyway, I watched this episode because I wanted to see how they wrapped it up and I agree with you, it was just boring.  I must have missed a lot with the episodes I did not watch because I did not have a clue as to what was going on in regards to the vast majority of the storylines.  However, I have a strong feeling even if I had watched them, I probably would have had the same opinion in regards to this episode.

14 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I must have missed a lot with the episodes I did not watch because I did not have a clue as to what was going on in regards to the vast majority of the storylines.  However, I have a strong feeling even if I had watched them, I probably would have had the same opinion in regards to this episode.

Blah, blah, blah, Malivore, blah, blah, blah gods. That pretty much covers everything you didn't see.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

This series finale was underwhelming, and so many characters existed in tiny, contained bubbles without interacting with the majority of the characters. 

Jed & demigod - did we even see them interact with anyone else?

Kaleb & shoot - I've forgotten her name, but she's a Fury now - see my comment about Jed & Ben   

Landon & Hope - gee, Ferryman can sure come and go as he pleases from Limbo, huh? And their interactions involved actual physical manifestation, so it's not like they can't still be a Couple (given what we saw in this episode)

MG & Lizzie - besides brief interactions with Rick (MG) and Hope (Lizzie) it was a party of two

Caroline and Rick didn't have any interaction!!!   😡  I don't count her standing at the top of the stairs while he "reopens" the school as an interaction. 

The only return that was short and self contained which did make sense was Klaus's final goodbye to Hope. Logic dictates it would feel off trying to shoehorn Caroline/Rick into that scene.

• Like 2

So Landon stays dead, but he comes and goes with Hope? So they're together?

Loved seeing Klaus and Caroline.

Alaric & Caroline should have had a family scene together.

• Like 4

The Caroline thing was unexpected and a little weird. Most of the scenes were longer shots, like they didn't want people to realize Caroline doesn't actually look like a 17 year old anymore.

Obviously, Joseph Morgan was part of a hastily put together Zoom speech that was dressed up as a magical movie.

I guess everything is resolved? Landon gets screwed over once again, so pretty typical for Legacies.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Landon & Hope - gee, Ferryman can sure come and go as he pleases from Limbo, huh? And their interactions involved actual physical manifestation, so it's not like they can't still be a Couple (given what we saw in this episode)

Yeah, what's that all about?! He can even bring her a milk shake so what's stopping them from be a couple.

What I never understood is Hope always goes on and on about daddy but never mentions her mom. Who she kidnapped to get daddy to come home, cause she missed him and wanted to see him which when all was said and done ended up getting her mom killed and her dad and uncle sacrificed themselves to get the darkness out of her. So their deaths are on you Hope.

So why did they act like having supernatural kids show up at the school was a big thing isn't that what the school is for and how did they get the word out so quick that they're accepting new students?

I don't believe for second Klaus would get to go to the good place.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

What I never understood is Hope always goes on and on about daddy but never mentions her mom. Who she kidnapped to get daddy to come home, cause she missed him and wanted to see him which when all was said and done ended up getting her mom killed and her dad and uncle sacrificed themselves to get the darkness out of her. So their deaths are on you Hope.

I don't believe for second Klaus would get to go to the good place.

People in the VD universe get instantly forgiven for the horrible things they do...only sometimes blaming the "off switch".  But how many people's heads did nice guy Stefan rip off in his "ripper" days?  And he couldn't even blame the switch. 

Didn't Hope kill an entire church full of vampires and a human priest? 

16 hours ago, ketose said:

The Caroline thing was unexpected and a little weird. Most of the scenes were longer shots, like they didn't want people to realize Caroline doesn't actually look like a 17 year old anymore.

Yeah, they should have hired me to do the de-aging.  She looked every bit a middle age mom of 2.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I think Landon's lack of emotions is one of the reasons they can't be in a relationship. And in Limbo he feels like he belong, like he is home. And he can't feel happiness with Hope

I am a bit sad that it ended, but it really needed to. From TVD, than TO and this show, they ran out of ideas and villains

• Love 1
(edited)

I am sad that this show is over, but I am glad that we left on a decent note. Not perfect, I wish that Landon had a different ending, and the show in general really fell to pieces over the last two seasons, but it was certainly not a bad finale. It really was time for this show to go. RIP Vampire Diaries franchise, at least for now. Thanks for the good times, the bad times, and the millions of town festivals. 

Nice seeing Caroline, although it was hilarious how hard they were trying to hide the fact that she isn't a teenager anymore. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

I've just finished watching this show. It was... alright. The Vampire Diaries and The Originals were much better.

Legacies started off well, but didn't end great. I did like the last episode; it was nice seeing Karoline again. 

Until this last season, I was surprised at the lack of shirtless scenes.

Ben and Jed's love story was a bit ridiculous, but the the guy playing Ben is extremely attractive.

Finch was terribly annoying when she started, but did grow on me.

Ethan was very sweet, I'm disappointed he died.

The Necromancer was a hoot and a half.

MG and Lizzie - meh.

I'm glad Landon found his place in the world, even if he had to die to be there.

Until Hope flipped her switch, I was pretty fond of her. She did redeem herself a bit in the last few episodes.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Ben and Jed's love story was a bit ridiculous, but the the guy playing Ben is extremely attractive.

You can watch the Ben actor on a Netflix show called Partner Track. His role isn’t big so he’s not in every episode. He plays a dimwit, but otherwise harmless. 

Finch was terribly annoying when she started, but did grow on me.

Ethan was very sweet, I'm disappointed he died.

The Necromancer was a hoot and a half.

MG and Lizzie - meh.

I'm glad Landon found his place in the world, even if he had to die to be there.

Agree on all the above but I still didn’t care for Finch.

• Love 1