Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

So, finally, after all this time we see people actually CAN survive the zombie infection. OR I completely misunderstood and there in the end, Alicia actually died. The way it was filmed, I have no idea. Either way...this show has gotten as silly as that really stupid "World Beyond". I'm probably out once the mothership ends. Madison coming back is far too little far, far too late.

• Love 2

As Alicia made her way up the Tower stairs, right after the shot of the picture board, there was clearly someone standing right in front of her.

How could such a mistake make it through editing/screening? Did they figure no one would notice?!  

• Love 1

This is the third episode in a row with the same dialogue:

Character 1: We HAVE to do this! You all must come with me!

Everyone Else: >mild protesting, then< OK we'll all do this together!

Character 1: No! I have to do this alone!

When the Rob Lowe vehicle Lyon's Den was cancelled the showrunners were contractually obligated to film a dozen more episodes even though no one might see them. So they just decided to say screw it and turn the lead character into a crazed serial killer for absolutely no reason.

I feel like FTWD is doing a less clever version of what Lyon's Den did.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, AmigaJoe said:

As Alicia made her way up the Tower stairs, right after the shot of the picture board, there was clearly someone standing right in front of her.

How could such a mistake make it through editing/screening? Did they figure no one would notice?!  

The bean counters probably wisely decided it would cost more to fix that error than let it go. They know there’s no real evidence for much of an audience for this show. Actually, if TPTB had a sense of humor (which they don’t because they are making serious art, don’t you know) they’d discreetly hide people from the past in various scenes. Have Nick standing behind some book cases, have Ofelia wedged between some Walkers. And to spread the humor, have Rick and Michonne tucked into some scenes. The only thing this show is good for nowadays is some rip-snorting laughter.

• LOL 2

I missed the beginning so I was assuming there was at least some attempt at showing some resolution with the tower, which was smoking, sure, but wasn't exactly a towering inferno. But on rewatch, nope. They just all ... skipped ahead and abandoned what they've spent all season fighting over.

I had to rewatch to see how they left it because I dozed off sometime in there when Alicia was arguing with her younger self after chasing her for most of the episode. So passing out on a beach after previously passing out 317 times magically cures her of zombie fever? That's inconvenient right after everyone else left her there. Someone elsewhere thought she died but it was left open ended enough to allow the actress to return in season 17 of Why Are We Still Watching This if her new project goes sideways. I'm sure the rest of the crew after battling Strand for a full season really appreciated Alicia dumping him on them and then not even sticking around to deal with him.

Boy, when Strand loses his little great dictator hat, he really lets himself go.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

But on rewatch, nope. They just all ... skipped ahead and abandoned what they've spent all season fighting over.

Yep. Strand's plan for the tower to be the future of all mankind died in about 4 episodes. 

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

Someone elsewhere thought she died but it was left open ended enough to allow the actress to return in season 17 of Why Are We Still Watching This if her new project goes sideways.

No, that would never happen. Not with Rick, not with Madison, not with Heath... 

And Maggie. 

I watched a bit again trying to see the blooper of the person on the stairs and it reminded me that I didn't understand their clearing of the tunnel. They showed the dude digging up some random dirt outside, but she entered an underground doorway that was perfectly clear. Additionally there is no explanation for the source of that pile of dirt he was shoveling. 

Alicia is passing out every other minute yet she telling someone else to stay where they are, because it's too dangerous to do this own their own. Plus the whole stupidity of the group going along with her fever dreams.

Obviously this huge tower has only one stairwell.

• Love 1
(edited)

But on rewatch, nope. They just all ... skipped ahead and abandoned what they've spent all season fighting over.

And hand-waved how the hell they got Alicia off the roof of the tower and down to the beach. Criminy.

An entire episode spent on Alicia's hallucinations. If the writers put a fraction of the effort they make in tedious character study into actual story this might be a semi-decent show. They just don't seem to care about the big picture, at all.

I just hope they finally get clear of the nuclear fallout because I'm sick of these hazy yellow scenes and the haphazard and inconsistent use of masks and protective gear. 

And what was Amina? I don't remember.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

And what was Amina? I don't remember.

I only vaguely remembered this so I had to look it up to be sure, but Amina is the name of a random injured bird that Madison's precious offspring tried to save one summer. She told the story on one of Althea's tapes, also labeled Amina, when they apparently crossed paths sometime between the dam explosion and when Al met the rest of the current group. This was before the big reveal that Madison sacrificed herself so the rest of them could get away from the burning baseball stadium they were holed up in. It was supposed to be an example of what good helpful people Alicia and Junkie Nick were.

Hence, all the bird imagery this episode.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

You have to give credit to the shitacular garbage that the final season of Game of Thrones was, because it taught lazy writers such as these droops, how to just dump improbable scenes off camera.

Edited by GustavMahler
  • Love 1

Well I watched the whole thing, cause I don't have a life I guess, but must admit most of the time I didn't have a clue what was going on.  If I did drugs I would be wondering if it was me that was high or the people who wrote this script, what a downward spiral, oh, and where did they get all those boats?

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

So, that really was her swan song then. Assuming she does not pull a Maggie of course....which I hope for the actor's sake her new project is awesome and she never has to look back on this silly mess.

The episode was very similar to Sasha's last episode on TWD - the whole hour was spent on her having fever dreams/hallucinations only to wind up dead at the end. Come to think of it, that's pretty much how Rick's last episode went down, except for being dead at t end. Not very original. Depressing to think that in TWD world your life always ends in fever dreams and hallucinations.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2