Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: He Rides Again

• Start Topic

Following a personal and professional spiral, Los Angeles defense lawyer Mickey Haller receives an unexpected opportunity from a fellow attorney.

Original airdate 5/13/22

Nice start, placing all the characters as Mickey restarts the Licoln Lawyer's practice. A driver not on a mapping app seems to be from history though.

• Love 2

I just finished reading "The Brass Verdict" (the book on which this season of TLL is based).  There are some differences, but nothing glaring.

I like the guy they have playing Mickey Haller, but I WISH this scraggly beard look wasn't a thing.  He LOOKS like he just got out of rehab yesterday.

It would be nice if he and Harry Bosch were playing off of each other like they did in the book, but Bosch is on Amazon Prime and Haller is on Netflix, so it's just not gonna happen.

• Love 2

Haven't seen this yet and hoping someone can answer a question for me first.  Is the plot, in general, that there is a person who has been wrongfully accused and over the 8-10 episodes we will see it get solved?  Or is it more like slice-of-life, where during the 8-10 episodes, we see the various cases that he takes?

(edited)
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Haven't seen this yet and hoping someone can answer a question for me first.  Is the plot, in general, that there is a person who has been wrongfully accused and over the 8-10 episodes we will see it get solved?  Or is it more like slice-of-life, where during the 8-10 episodes, we see the various cases that he takes?

There is one main case, with a few others that are thrown in.  The unique circumstance is that Mickey has "inherited" the entire case load of a lawyer who was shot and killed the day before.  

We binged the whole thing yesterday (we're retired, LOL).  We found it enjoyable and liked the cast.

ETA:  There are multiple deviations from the book, but it's still a good story.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Quoting myself cause I decided to watch, and I'm really enjoying it.

• Love 1

I like the guy they have playing Mickey Haller, but I WISH this scraggly beard look wasn't a thing.  He LOOKS like he just got out of rehab yesterday.

Really enjoying this! He did basically just get out of rehab! He was sitting on the beach and didn't really have a practice.  

It's been a while since I've read this book so I don't remember all the details. But they seem to be pretty book-true. It would be great if he & Bosch could play off each other, but yeah, different streaming platforms. They both like jazz and have houses looking out on L.A. (in the books). 

Enjoying the interactions among him and Lorna & Maggie. And Hayley! And Cisco! 

• Love 1

Read the book long ago so I don't remember anything which is good. Started watching today and just finished episode 3.  I am enjoying it, a good show to watch on a rainy day like this.

Watched this and it is entertaining enough. Typical David Kelley. I think I will keep watching and will be really happy if they don't use the tired trope of child of main character, usually an attorney or cop, gets kidnapped, life in danger, gets traumatized. This would be likely if Neve Campbell decided to leave the show and them the story would be that first ex-wife needed to move away to keep the kid safe. Tired, used topes are tired and used tropes so hoping this show goes for original, instead of mediocre plot recycling. 

On 5/14/2022 at 9:51 PM, Kristi800 said:

It would be great if he & Bosch could play off each other, but yeah, different streaming platforms.

The thing I'm confused by is that he's SO much younger than Bosch. I thought (as half-brothers) they were more or less contemporaries. Or does he just look much younger than Bosch?

1 hour ago, dleighg said:

The thing I'm confused by is that he's SO much younger than Bosch. I thought (as half-brothers) they were more or less contemporaries. Or does he just look much younger than Bosch?

Bosch has gone from a Vietnam veteran in the novels to a Gulf War veteran in his first season to an Afghanistan veteran in the later seasons of his show

5 minutes ago, Raja said:

Bosch has gone from a Vietnam veteran in the novels to a Gulf War veteran in his first season to an Afghanistan veteran in the later seasons of his show

I know all that. I mean- comparing Bosch in the current season (which takes place in (roughly) 2022) and Haller in the current season (which as far as I can tell, also takes place roughly in 2022). Haller seems a good 20 years younger than Bosch.

(edited)

Over on Bosch Legacy there is a pre credit scene where a new cop meets his father for the first time in over a decade and sees a young boy playing ball.  The brothers  Bosch and Harry would have about the 10 years more than the age difference of cousins Maddie and Hayley

spoiler for future episode Lincoln Lawyer casting:

Spoiler

there is a different actor playing Mickey's father there if there were any hopes of a shared universe

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Raja said:

Over on Bosch Legacy there is a pre credit scene where a new cop meets his father for the first time in over a decade and sees a young boy playing ball.  The brothers  Bosch and Harry would have about the 10 years more than the age difference of cousins Maddie and Hayley

spoiler for future episode Lincoln Lawyer casting:

Reveal spoiler

there is a different actor playing Mickey's father there if there were any hopes of a shared universe

Do you know what episode of Bosch: Legacy that is?  I'd like to see that scene, but haven't really been able to get into the entire series.

Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Do you know what episode of Bosch: Legacy that is?  I'd like to see that scene, but haven't really been able to get into the entire series.

Thanks in advance.

The pre-credits on episode 8 of Bosch Legacy. It just dropped yesterday on Amazon's Freevee

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Raja said:

The pre-credits on episode 8 of Bosch Legacy. It just dropped yesterday on Amazon's Freevee

Thanks!  Great scene.  And was that a Lincoln in the Haller driveway way back then???

• Love 1
On 5/21/2022 at 9:24 AM, AZChristian said:

Thanks!  Great scene.  And was that a Lincoln in the Haller driveway way back then???

I think it's supposed to be but I think they can't say since this show owns the rights to the Mickey character and Amazon owns the rights to Bosch.  Unless they make some sort of agreement, I don't think there can be overlap.

• Love 1
(edited)

Like the lawyer stuff, don’t care for the family stuff. Especially the ex wives who still care for him. At least so far. It’s Bosch for lawyers, in a way.

Edited by Ottis