Type keyword(s) to search

Media Haven

I have mixed feelings about the day change. I liked my freaky Friday double feature of Grimm and Haven. It reminded me of the early days of the X-Files, when Friday night was for spooky TV, and it was a great way to celebrate the end of the week. On the other hand, the time slot after wrestling wasn't the greatest, and it would have been against Constantine on NBC, which probably targets the same audience, and that would have killed the ratings. I was already considering catching the late-night repeat of Haven instead. And starting a bit earlier than the major networks seem to be premiering shows should help matters.

But it looks like I need to speed up my rewatch. I got way behind while spending most of July traveling, and now I'm trying to catch all of Orphan Black via OnDemand before it's gone. Then I'll have to really marathon Haven to have rewatched it all before the premiere.

• Love 1

TPTB have posted some S5 photos on their Facebook feed.  Interestingly, while most of the photos credit "Eric Balfour as Duke Crocker," etc., one cast member is only credited as "Emily Rose" in her photos.

They just announced on the Haven Facebook page that the season premiere has been moved two hours earlier, from 10 Eastern/9 Central to 8 Eastern/7 Central. That forces me to adjust my rewatch because I'd planned to finish up season 4 that evening leading up to the premiere. But I suspect it has something to do with someone realizing that Spartacus might not be a good early evening show, or else they think Haven is a stronger lead-in than lead-out. They didn't say anything about this being an ongoing change.

I thought it was already decided that this was Haven's last season? That's why they gave them so many episodes. The 26 episodes act like Season 5 and 6 without having to do raise negotiations. It was way to get the Syfy Five and save the network money.

It looks to me like it was "last day of shooting #Haven5," which was a hashtag for this season.

Though I did think this was the end and probably should be. This isn't the kind of story that can be dragged on indefinitely. They need to wrap things up and give it a real ending.

(edited)

http://tvline.com/2015/01/15/agents-of-shield-skye-ward-shooting-spoilers/ -- that link has spoilers to other, non- Haven shows.  Meanwhile:

What’s going on with Haven? Is the fifth season the last season? –David

Syfy president Dave Howe told me this morning that the second half of Season 5 will premiere during Q3. As for anything beyond that, “It depends on how it does.” (Ain’t that always the case?)

So, that's summer, yes?  July, August, and September?

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 1

Tiny, mostly "well, duh" spoiler buried in this article/wrap-up.

Here it is for those who don't want to click through to TVLine.com:

Duke will struggle with the guilt of causing some *serious* pain to the town, and deal with it in a very Duke way: By being selfish, noble, clever, and brave —in that order.

The Coast in Halifax, Nova Scotia, profiled Steve Lund, who plays James Cogan (the Colorado Kid):

Lund moved to Vancouver, enrolling in the Vancouver Film School where he graduated in 2010. Since then he's appeared on shows like Being Erica, Beauty and the Beast, Blue Mountain State, Nikita and the locally produced Haven—a show that Lund realizes may not get to film in Nova Scotia again, due to the recent budget announcement which could see 75 percent cut to the film tax credit.

Which makes me think there's going to be a Season 6. Edited by editorgrrl

Unfortunately, Maine has never gotten a proper film incentive program together, plus we actually don't have seaside villages as large and picturesque as Lunenburg/Chester (ours are either small, run-down and industrial, or both).

On the one hand, waiting until fall sounds excruciating. On the other hand, this fanfic I want to finish before anything else airs is kicking my ass and I won't complain about a little extra time.

• Love 1

Since we don't seem to have a separate cast in other roles thread, I may as well post here that Nicholas Campbell pops up in the third episode of season 3 of Orphan Black, playing a grizzled militia type (Canadian redneck?). He's almost unrecognizable physically, but as soon as he spoke I realized who he was because of that distinctive voice.

I miss the Chief. Are they ever going to do anything with that box of rocks?

• Love 3

I miss the Chief. Are they ever going to do anything with that box of rocks?

I believe they were used for ballast on the Nova Star :) .  (Pretty much no one outside Maine or Nova Scotia will get that reference.)

Not a very informative trailer, but it is evocative. And while I'm not crazy about the Thursday-night slot, at least it's not out of prime time this year.

I was starting to get worried when they were showing promos for series starting in September during SyFy Friday last week, and no sign of Haven.