Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: The Raccoon

• Start Topic

After the last four lackluster episodes, I thought this was really funny! I haven't found much of the Nick storyline(s) very funny or enjoyable, but Grace having to pretend to be an invalid for his home visit was hilarious. Reminded me of zany Lucille Ball-esque plot plotline. I ff'd through most of the awkward meet the parents scenes because I hate that trope. I'm going to try to take this season slow and enjoy these last remaining episodes. 

• Love 1

"His father was in outhouses" made me laugh so hard I disturbed my cat.

I have a low tolerance for wacky hijinks, but I liked this episode (other than Sol and Robert's storyline, which completely bored me, although I did enjoy hearing about their responses to the neighborhood watch email because unsubscribe from your paramilitary organization, thanks pretty well sums up my response to neighborhood watches).

Barry's parents are ridiculous caricatures rather than real people, but I like the way Brianna ultimately handled them.  And I appreciate that they're not backing down on the permanent engagement thing. 

I like that Grace reached her last straw with Nick.  She tried to be married to him in a way that works for her, but at this point she just doesn't want to be his wife, period.  She's not going to make him go back to prison, though, so I'm curious to see what the writers came up with for his out.

• Love 4

Grace pretending to be an invalid was funny, but oh my god, fuck off Nick.

He's always been sleazy, and lying about her being in poor health to get parole is bad enough - but to not even tell her about it? 

And then going off on Mark Cuban, when Grace made it very clear that she didn't want him to do it - and he had no reason to think that her meeting went well? Nick is vile.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, J-Man said:

Not in this episode. 

Is this👇 in the next episode too?

Spoiler

On 4/30/2022 at 8:17 PM, Blakeston said:

Grace pretending to be an invalid was funny

Jane Fonda really did nail that bit, making it look like Grace was believably faking being an invalid without going OTT or breaking the 4th wall. 

Edited by shapeshifter
18 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I'm not buying that Barry would be so unbelievably stupid as to put paper in the printer. He can be a little oblivious at times, but he's not a complete moron.

Barry might put be so nervous about the Meet The ‘Rents situation that he would do something stupid like that,   
but I saw it more as a Vaudevillian-style humor bit, appropriate given the ages of the show’s actors playing the title characters and their spouses (and Barry’s parents).

• Love 1
On 4/30/2022 at 7:13 AM, retired watcher said:

I love that they are showing grace growing her gray out.

Boy is that on fast forward. Between episodes she gained what looked like 2 inches of gray, which would be several months in real time for me and my hair does not grow slowly! If all it took was a few episodes to grow out my gray I might be more inclined ;)

• LOL 1