Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Ketchup To My Mustard

• Start Topic

Billable (my autocorrect did that and I’m keeping it) reminds me so much of that pretentious douche “Poppy”  Derrico, right down to the real estate career and constant references to having OCD to excuse his anal retentive tendencies. 

But I have to admit I used to go around my house repositioning things after my cleaning crew left, now I just do that for the things that are really out of place and ignore the knickknacks. At least I know they moved things and didn’t just clean around them. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Billable (my autocorrect did that and I’m keeping it) reminds me so much of that pretentious douche “Poppy”  Derrico, right down to the real estate career and constant references to having OCD to excuse his anal retentive tendencies. 

But I have to admit I used to go around my house repositioning things after my cleaning crew left, now I just do that for the things that are really out of place and ignore the knickknacks. At least I know they moved things and didn’t just clean around them. 

Odd that OCD can cause both hoarding and the opposite lol.

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

When balloon girl’s segment was on, I was so concerned she’d crash with all those damn balloons in the car blocking the view.

Kara is fucking weird. Her description of him being a young boy and having brown skin…it’s giving Ella fetishisation. I’m also sick of these people getting into relationships with 25 year olds and then saying they’re not sure if they’re taking everything serious because they’re so young! Maybe find someone older if you’re concerned about maturity?

I said this about Blake re: Jasmin, but again, I really don't understand Jibri flying across the world to get with a girl rocking the same Instagram Build-a-Bitch Workshop aesthetics as the locals. Plenty of girls wearing bodycon dresses stateside! I am invested in their little Myla Vox 2.0 drama, though.

Emily reminds me of Aryanna from Love in the Caribbean. Just party girls professing a love for black guys and raw dogging while on vacation. Her mom seems sick of her shit (also, the mom is beautiful!!!). When they say the baby’s name though, I only hear COVID. What is his actual name? Can you imagine raw dogging a stranger you meet in a foreign country? What a terrible decision. AND THEN getting pregnant and questioning if you want to ~be with the guy after the child’s birth. Poor kid. Also, 100% chance Emily gets pregnant again!

I think I hate Bilal. Why is he playing games with that woman? Not letting her see his home. Picking her up in a chimo van. WTAF? My husband says he’s insecure. If I were moving to another country I would insist on seeing every square inch of the place I was moving to, and he’s over here purposefully hiding his real life from her? To test her?? I hate him. Him "resetting" his chess board was the first indication he's full of shit. He is fully willing and ready to get married before God immediately but not ready to get legally married for 90 Day because...(his) money. Setting your new wife up to be labeled a gold digger on TV when you’ve been wealth-faking on social media is a no. That gorgeous house he was tidying up was a real estate showing to a client, his ex-wife. He drives an entry-level Mercedes. The prank is his way of resetting expectations. Or it’s a storyline he likes because it’s about him being successful. Or, the new wife is in on it.

The woman didn’t know anything about his money or status. Didn’t know anything about what his house looked like, but still left her home country to be with him. So even not knowing this and still coming he does a “test” or a “prank” by picking her up in a shitty van and living in a run down house for a day? I feel this is abusive behavior for real. And seeing some of these clips of the next episode of him chiding her about “her attitude” and threatening to pull the car over, this guy doesn’t seem right to me. Bilal gives me MAJOR red flag energy, and that was before the season preview of him! I wonder what the real reason him and his ex wife broke up is!

I knew I was gonna hate Bilal when he kept saying that he was “so OCD”. Are you tidying up because you’re convinced your entire family will die if you don’t? Are you washing your fingers until they bleed? No? Then shut up. You’re not OCD, you’re just an anal-retentive douche canoe.

Miona and Jibri are the red flag extravaganza this show is all about.

Bini and Ari, round three! Let’s go!

Were you shocked as hell by the preview for the whole season? Fist fights, head slaps, people getting left on the side of the road...damn I didn't see that coming. Also I will never be over these people that think AFTER they have a baby is the time to think real hard about whether or not they should be with someone. You absolutely should not marry someone just cause you're having a baby but you also shouldn't have a baby without actually planning for it. Babies are not somehow less of a commitment than a marriage.

It doesn't help that Bilal has a wonky eye that triggers bad Ben vibes in me.

I'm also super-annoyed by how many (if not all) of this new cast, as well as their parents/friends, etc., are saying that the 90 day time period is for them to decide if they want to actually marry the person they've brought over.  Isn't the whole point of the K-1 visa that you already know that you want to be with them, and the 90 days is for planning the wedding, etc.?

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

It doesn't help that Bilal has a wonky eye that triggers bad Ben vibes in me.

I'm also super-annoyed by how many (if not all) of this new cast, as well as their parents/friends, etc., are saying that the 90 day time period is for them to decide if they want to actually marry the person they've brought over.  Isn't the whole point of the K-1 visa that you already know that you want to be with them, and the 90 days is for planning the wedding, etc.?

I think that’s the gimmick for the existence of the show.  Will they go through with it?  Otherwise it’s just a wedding planning show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think that’s the gimmick for the existence of the show.  Will they go through with it?  Otherwise it’s just a wedding planning show.

I would like for some of the stories to be more recent.  Not tune in to the first ep and then learn that one couple has been married two years already. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think I figured out who the big tattoo is on Jibirish's chest, it's Tom, (as in Darcey and Tom!)

Do you remember the obsessed Tom fan who had his autograph tattooed on her finger so she could think of him while...NM

• LOL 1
On 4/18/2022 at 9:28 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Bilal? By FAR the biggest asshole this season. He thinks he's a real catch. So far he's shown that he's an equivocating prick. He knows Shaeeda wants kids, but he doesn't and he's stringing her along. The "test"? If Shy had any pride she'd turn right around and go back home. (Prediction, she won't). What a shitty, shitty thing to do. And furthermore, how many times has a person on this gaping hell mouth of a franchise misrepresented him or herself? Said they had a good job and the ability to live comfortably? Then the foreign fiancee shows up and they live in a crap apartment and have to buy food at the place that sells the dented cans and expired food? Bilal thinks he's being masterfully clever with his little trick, but Saeeda could easily say, "Great, so you lied about your circumstances. Taxi!" Nothing to do with whether he's "rich" (hahahahaha) or not. Everything to do with being a liar and luring her here under false pretenses. He's the worst. Fight me. <snip>

Sorry I'm late to the party! I recorded the episode and then promptly forgot about it until this evening.

I am SO with your opinion of Bilal. I hated him the moment he said Shaeeda wants children, but for him:

"Having more children isn't like a 100% no, but it's definitely not like a yes."

So he says he loves this woman, and she's already told him outright she wants children. But Bilal refuses to discuss it until she uproots herself, leaving behind her family and friends,  moves to America where she has no support system and will be totally dependent on Bilal - which gives him all the power.

Which is why he won't talk to her about it before she leaves. He knows if he's honest with her now she'll break up with him, which will be far easier for her to do while she's still living in her home  country.

I suspect Bilal's game plan is to run down Shaeeda's biological clock to the point at which her chances of getting pregnant are virtually nil.

At 37, she's not that far away. When they have "the talk", I suspect he'll say they need to wait a couple of years while she becomes acclimated to living in the U.S.

When the end of two years is approaching, he'll think of something else to delay it a couple more years.

Maybe it will be a lucrative business opportunity in another state. Traveling back and forth between two states to look for a new home will be tiring, he'll say. Then, once they find a house, she'll have to oversee the packing up of all their belongings at their old house, which will be stressful! And after all that, everything will have to be unpacked and arranged in their new home, and that's exhausting, Bilal will say. Then: "You can't be doing all of that when you're pregnant. We need to wait until we're settled in our new home and acclimated to our new surroundings."

And there goes another two years.

After that, one more two year excuse delay should just about do it. 

And then to top it all off, the crap about "testing" Shaeeda by pretending he doesn't have money. That's despicable.

I heard what he said about having trust issues because of past relationships. Fine. Work that out with a therapist, not your fiancée.

One of my pet peeves is people who make the SO in their current relationship pay for the sins committed by their SOs in past relationships.

If you truly care about someone, why do you think it's okay to do that to them? It's not. Get therapy, because the problem is with you and only you can fix it; it has nothing at all to do with your current SO.

Frankly if I were Shaeeda, I wouldn't have put up with Bilal's hemming and hawing over the question of children. I would say "You continue to evade my questions about having children, even though you know how important it is to me. I do want to come to America and be your wife, but I'm not getting on a plane until you give me a firm 'yes' or 'no'."

• Love 8
On 4/17/2022 at 4:01 PM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

I was on Team Bilal until his final sequence: I HATE HATE HATE people who deliberately deceive their friends or loved ones with the justification of "I was testing you." Well guess what, jackass? I was testing you as well: I was testing to see if you could treat me honestly. You failed.

Olajuwon has entered the chat.

• LOL 1

I'm just now getting around to starting the season and I'm not reading ahead so these thoughts might have already been discussed in later episodes, but...

At certain angles Jibri looks exactly like Andrew Rannells and now all I can think about it him grabbing a crown and a cape and singing, "They say....".

I also thought the tattoo of Tesla on his leg was an interesting choice, he must REALLY be into Serbians.

I was in Rapid City years ago when we went to see Deadwood and Mount Rushmore (I think the Crazy Horse statue is around there somewhere as well) and, although I don't remember much about the town itself, I think it's does a pretty big tourist business.

Emily's lisp is already driving me crazy and I don't think she's the only one in the relationship who's let herself go a bit.  Kobe doesn't really look to be in International Underwear Model shape anymore, either.

The Koban thing (like much of her life, apparently) wasn't very well thought out.  Coban is the stretchy tape they put on sprains and around your arm when you get blood drawn.  Nobody pointed that out to her?

• LOL 3