Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Ketchup To My Mustard

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Actually, one megahit can pay your bills for life but probably not if you live extravagantly and not unless it's recorded by a megastar person or group.
I once saw an interview with the fellow who wrote "Daydream Believer," which the Monkees made a hit and which is one of my all-time favorite tunes. He said that song had pretty much supported him for life. He also performs but he's by no means a "name" performer. And that was in the days before streaming off of which as someone mentioned, performers make very little. I think most money is made now in touring.

Some of my favorite songs were one-hit wonders. 

But you can't assume you'll be the one to get struck by lightning.

And sadly, so far on 90 Days, there's never been a songwriter/performer who performed something that seemed like, "Oh, yes. That really could be a hit." 

Daydream Believer!  Great song! 

• Love 4

Miona is going to be the one to hate this season. Sour puss entitled beyotch.  

Bilal needs to stop playing games. She wants kids, he doesn't. What he is doing is cruel. Not to mention putting her through his stupid tests. 

Guillermo- something not adding up with his age. He's 23 now? I thought he was 23 when they met. They lived together for 8 mos in the DR, then she moved back to the US and had a covid long distance relationship for a year. Wouldn't that make him almost 25? He's gorgeous with his hair longer, he should try to get in to modeling before he gets too old! 

This won't be the last baby for Dippy Kansas chick and whatshisname who doesn't want the baby breast fed because those boobies are supposed to be for him only. I guarantee she's going to be too lazy to get her lazy ass on any birth control. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, essexjan said:

Emily's sing-song voice drove me nuts, all the inflection in the wrong place.

More like "thing-thong" voice and she said either "like" or "you know" in every single sentence coupled with "uptalk." The only affected speech pattern she doesn't use is the dreaded "vocal fry." 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I'm wondering what caused Bilal's divorce?  Did his wife step away from the faith (I noted she wasn't wearing any hair covering (although she was in their wedding picture).

That knotted thing on her head WAS a form of head covering, just not the typical hijab. I've also read that some Muslim girls don't start covering their hair until after puberty as a rite of passage and some don't until marriage but even then it's optional for modern women 

image.png.cbc26bfa81ef948072951e944915f43b.png

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 4/15/2022 at 7:39 PM, greekmom said:

The prenush for these guys will be the main storyline with the fiancé being shown as a "gold digger" angle. 

Because I don't watch ALL the shows...or READ all the comments I don't know why the term PRE-NUSH is used here.   I'm sorry for that.

I know it refers to a Prenuptual Agreement ... but how did NUSH get into the jargon?

Edited by Back Atcha

It is the running joke here for a pre-nup.

Goes back to the Connecticut older dude Michael and his Brazilian ‘model’ Juliana (rumors of her being a yacht girl). She claimed to not know what a pre-nup was, fought it, and had no intentions of signing one. She kept calling it pre-nush and the term stuck here.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Bilal needs to stop playing games. She wants kids, he doesn't. What he is doing is cruel. Not to mention putting her through his stupid tests. 

I agree.  I don't care about any of his bougie nonsense or so-called OCD, but he is way off base by not being up front with Shai regarding children and his circumstances in life.  He's already married her, within his religion, so isn't it too late to test her materialistic tendencies?  He is starting off their life together with lies and deception and calling it a "prank."

• Love 10
14 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

We need to start a game here:  name that tat!  5 points for each correctly ID'd tattoo.  Winner gets our lasting esteem!

It was the subject of some lively discussion on the live chat! Guesses included George W. Bush, Bob Barker, Patty Hearst, Bob Woodward, Grand Funk Railroad, Mike Huckabee, Joe Scarborough, Sgt. Joe Friday, and Danielle. 

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I agree.  I don't care about any of his bougie nonsense or so-called OCD, but he is way off base by not being up front with Shai regarding children and his circumstances in life.  He's already married her, within his religion, so isn't it too late to test her materialistic tendencies?  He is starting off their life together with lies and deception and calling it a "prank."

I am surprised that a man with children decides to embark on a long distance relationship with a woman and his kids say they have talked to her a couple of times...I would hope that there were plenty of interactions on Zoom or whatever for them all to get to know each other.  Also, they are pre-teens, those are some rough times for all involved and I do not envy Shadee at all.  

Bivalve's game of bait and switch with the houses is stupid, I hope she is okay with being married to a man that deceives her and takes great joy in doing so. 

Does it make sense that Shadee is Muslim but highlights her body doing yoga on social media, I thought maybe she was not supposed to draw attention to herself like that.  I am not knocking her yoga at all, in fact it is pretty awe inspiring, I could never be that flexible, my yoga poses don't resemble hers at all!

Do we think Bivalve slept in a home that he is trying to sell? LOL.

18 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It was the subject of some lively discussion on the live chat! Guesses included George W. Bush, Bob Barker, Patty Hearst, Bob Woodward, Grand Funk Railroad, Mike Huckabee, Joe Scarborough, Sgt. Joe Friday, and Danielle. 

I will stand by my guess of Sgt. Joe Friday and will add Mike Connors of Mannix fame to that list.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Bivalve's game of bait and switch with the houses is stupid, I hope she is okay with being married to a man that deceives her and takes great joy in doing so. 

If he really does own his childhood home, and he's just letting it fall apart as a "reminder" of where he came from, his neighbors must really hate him.

I think he did sleep in a house he was showing.  That was way too empty to be lived in.  Granted, I maintain that many of the contestants on this show don't show their real houses.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I think Mufasa (Lion King) was on there, too.

• LOL 8
28 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Does it make sense that Shadee is Muslim but highlights her body doing yoga on social media, I thought maybe she was not supposed to draw attention to herself like that.  I am not knocking her yoga at all, in fact it is pretty awe inspiring, I could never be that flexible, my yoga poses don't resemble hers at all!

Muslim women have the option of covering their hair (not all do). Take a look at what fashionable Muslim women wear--there's a big market for "modest" fashion these days, which means covered up more than baggy. Very often they dress in an attractive, body conscious way, but with everything but their hands and faces showing. Muslims aren't Quakers, or Amish. They can wear makeup and dress nicely, even extravagantly. Men are supposed to dress "modestly" as well. Here's a link with some pics as examples:

https://en.vogue.me/fashion/muslim-influencers-modest-fashion/

and this one:

https://www.outfittrends.com/cute-modest-outfits-for-muslim-girls/

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

I'm getting lying asshole vibes from Bilal.

I concur.  If you've only spent seven days with her, to the point that you don't know her intentions yet, then what's the freaking hurry?  Get to know her!  Visit her & her family, have her visit you and get to know your kids.  You're making what you hope is a life-long decision.  Take your time! Sheesh!

• Love 5
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

That knotted thing on her head WAS a form of head covering, just not the typical hijab. I've also read that some Muslim girls don't start covering their hair until after puberty as a rite of passage and some don't until marriage but even then it's optional for modern women 

image.png.cbc26bfa81ef948072951e944915f43b.png

Oh thank you, I didn't realize it was a form of head covering.  Like I said - I don't know the ins and outs of what is appropriate and what is not.  I liked ex-wife and I also liked that the kids kind of looked a little skeptical when told that Shaee was coming to the US.  They didn't look exactly thrilled.

• Love 2
On 4/18/2022 at 6:41 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

We need to start a game here:  name that tat!  5 points for each correctly ID'd tattoo.

I think the tattoos are open to interpretation kind of like seeing different faces in clouds. One person sees Bob Barker, another sees Roger Daltry and yet another sees George W. Bush. Only Jibberish himself would know the correct answers and a lot depends on the skill of the tattoo artist. 

I'm cracking up looking at these: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/9/superfans-share-hilariously-bad-tattoo-of-their-celebrity-idols-that-look-nothing-like-the-celebrities.html

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Muslim women have the option of covering their hair (not all do). Take a look at what fashionable Muslim women wear--there's a big market for "modest" fashion these days, which means covered up more than baggy. Very often they dress in an attractive, body conscious way, but with everything but their hands and faces showing. Muslims aren't Quakers, or Amish. They can wear makeup and dress nicely, even extravagantly. Men are supposed to dress "modestly" as well. Here's a link with some pics as examples:

https://en.vogue.me/fashion/muslim-influencers-modest-fashion/

and this one:

https://www.outfittrends.com/cute-modest-outfits-for-muslim-girls/

I love many of those looks for my rather generously padded and height-challenged self!  Pants that are non-Mom jeans are the bane of my existence.  It's entirely possible to move toward that look without sticky areas of religious or ethnic clothing appropriation (is it offensive to wear the tunics, for example).  

I'm Quaker, and while one of the tenets practiced by more conservative Quakers is "simple and plain dress", as in any faith there's a wide range of compliance.  Many of us work and thus put on our "face" for professional reasons.  We mostly look like everyone else :).  Amish and Mennonites wear the much more traditional clothes (I can't say "all", but that's mostly what I saw growing up near Amish regions in Ohio).  

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

No birth control for Emily, with a smirk on her face talks about buying 5 EPT’s. 🖕🏻😡

From certain angles her face and body were resembling Ella’s.  If she doesn’t watch it she will end up there.

23 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She is going for Kardashian but in the car on the phone she reminded me of Amy Winehouse.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

He has a goofy looking face.  And what is the deal with the family home in such disrepair?  Was it staged for the test?  Was it abandoned for years and Sharp leased it from the owner for a month?  

Guillermo- something not adding up with his age. He's 23 now? I thought he was 23 when they met. They lived together for 8 mos in the DR, then she moved back to the US and had a covid long distance relationship for a year. Wouldn't that make him almost 25? He's gorgeous with his hair longer, he should try to get in to modeling before he gets too old! 

Also she said she hasn’t seen him in person in over a year but he said it was almost a year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

This won't be the last baby for Dippy Kansas chick and whatshisname who doesn't want the baby breast fed because those boobies are supposed to be for him only. I guarantee she's going to be too lazy to get her lazy ass on any birth control. 

I think he was a underwear model to distract from his face.

21 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Jibri wants to be an international star, just like Usman. 😃😃

If that fails he can do cartwheels in Paris like Patrick.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

It is the running joke here for a pre-nup.

Goes back to the Connecticut older dude Michael and his Brazilian ‘model’ Juliana (rumors of her being a yacht girl). She claimed to not know what a pre-nup was, fought it, and had no intentions of signing one. She kept calling it pre-nush and the term stuck here.

On the Nick Viall podcast he repeatedly called it a prenub.  Some of these folks have probably never heard the word nuptial.

18 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Someone should tell trendy Bilal that 2013 is calling and wants its monochromatic gray and white color scheme back.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Some of the US folks do need to realize that their imported spouse will need clothes, shoes, toiletries, etc. especially if they currently live where there are significant climate and temperature differences. If there is winter in the new city or town, it is likely that the spouse will need a winter coat, boots, hat, gloves, mittens, etc. Nothing materialistic. Spending a good chunk of money at Saks, maybe.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Some of the US folks do need to realize that their imported spouse will need clothes, shoes, toiletries, etc. especially if they currently live where there are significant climate and temperature differences. If there is winter in the new city or town, it is likely that the spouse will need a winter coat, boots, hat, gloves, mittens, etc. Nothing materialistic. Spending a good chunk of money at Saks, maybe.

Good point.   It looks like summer in most of the film I saw, so within a few months, the ones in South Dakota, and Kansas are going to need heavier clothes.      Actually, I bet all of them will.   

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Someone should tell trendy Bilal that 2013 is calling and wants its monochromatic gray and white color scheme back.

And that karate-chop pillow trend can go back with it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, kirklandia said:
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

And that karate-chop pillow trend can go back with it.  Armando's on-air comment to Kenny that it's the "latest trend" must have been too young to follow USA's "trends"  That annoying decorator touch started here in the '80s.    90Day Married Couple: Armando Rubio and Kenny Niedermeier

• Love 1
On 4/19/2022 at 9:19 AM, bichonblitz said:

She mentioned he was 21 when they met... 

Her friend she was drinking with said he was too young for her. 

• Love 1
On 4/18/2022 at 8:19 PM, bichonblitz said:

Guillermo- something not adding up with his age. He's 23 now? I thought he was 23 when they met.

I thought she said he was 21 when they met and she assured her friend the “beautiful boy” was legal. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/18/2022 at 6:41 PM, JeanJean said:

Actually, one megahit can pay your bills for life but probably not if you live extravagantly and not unless it's recorded by a megastar person or group.
I once saw an interview with the fellow who wrote "Daydream Believer," which the Monkees made a hit and which is one of my all-time favorite tunes. He said that song had pretty much supported him for life. He also performs but he's by no means a "name" performer. And that was in the days before streaming off of which as someone mentioned, performers make very little. I think most money is made now in touring.

Some of my favorite songs were one-hit wonders. 

But you can't assume you'll be the one to get struck by lightning.

And sadly, so far on 90 Days, there's never been a songwriter/performer who performed something that seemed like, "Oh, yes. That really could be a hit." 

To fans of Folk Music, John Stewart of the Kingston Trio is, indeed, a "name" performer. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

He has a goofy looking face.  And what is the deal with the family home in such disrepair?  Was it staged for the test?  Was it abandoned for years and Sharp leased it from the owner for a month?  

Also she said she hasn’t seen him in person in over a year but he said it was almost a year.

When Bilal and his sister arrived at the old house, the white wooden piece was serving as underpinning for the house.  But his sister grabbed it and was pulling it away. Why?  That made it look worse.  I guess she was helping her brother with his crazy scheme.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

I thought she said he was 21 when they met and she assured her friend the “beautiful boy” was legal. 

She did say 21 but legal for what? Most countries outside the US have a legal age of 18 for drinking not the ridiculous 21 years old that this country inflicts on people.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

To fans of Folk Music, John Stewart of the Kingston Trio is, indeed, a "name" performer. 

He also had a top 5 hit of his own called Gold in 1979 on which Stevie Nicks sang backing vocals.

1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

She did say 21 but legal for what? Most countries outside the US have a legal age of 18 for drinking not the ridiculous 21 years old that this country inflicts on people.

Maybe a good compromise would be beer and wine at 18 and hard liquor at 21.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Oops, my bad. (Finally, something I'm a little too young to remember!)  Anyway, here's the interview.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 1

I got about half way through and just had to turn it off after the idiot from Kansas...Emily? I did see the clip at the beginning where her man shows up and basically says yeah she gained weight but that is ok it isn't about what she looks like. And she gives him a death stare. But then they showed her pics from her party days and when she met him in China vs. now and HOLY SHIT. She really packed on the lbs. Like.....I don't mean to body shame someone, especially since I have had my weight struggles my whole life, but damn girl! The baby is 17 months old? That is no longer baby weight. She looks to be about 50-75 lbs heavier and 10 years older than the pics they showed of her partying with him in Xian. And it has only been a little more than 2 years (this isn't a case where the meet cute pics are 10 plus years old). 

Balloon girl is annoying AF and "beautiful boy" is in for a rude awakening in Charlottesville and she is as well because not only is he immature and young, he is in a brand new environment where anyone even the most mature would need a little guidance and patience. 

Bilal screems douchebag. I think he basically said the marriage ended because he fell out of love with her. He thinks he is bougie and the epitome of class, but if he really were high class he wouldnt' let TLC film him for this shitshow. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Bilal screems douchebag

Not "thrift store" douchebag...but probably Dollar Tree!

1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

I think he basically said the marriage ended because he fell out of love with her. He thinks he is bougie and the epitome of class, but if he really were high class he wouldnt' let TLC film him for this shitshow. 

Thanks go his EGO, we can all enjoy seeing him slip-and-fall a peg or two with every episode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

When balloon girl’s segment was on, I was so concerned she’d crash with all those damn balloons in the car blocking the view.

Kara is fucking weird. Her description of him being a young boy and having brown skin…it’s giving Ella fetishisation. I’m also sick of these people getting into relationships with 25 year olds and then saying they’re not sure if they’re taking everything serious because they’re so young! Maybe find someone older if you’re concerned about maturity?

I said this about Blake re: Jasmin, but again, I really don't understand Jibri flying across the world to get with a girl rocking the same Instagram Build-a-Bitch Workshop aesthetics as the locals. Plenty of girls wearing bodycon dresses stateside! I am invested in their little Myla Vox 2.0 drama, though.

Emily reminds me of Aryanna from Love in the Caribbean. Just party girls professing a love for black guys and raw dogging while on vacation. Her mom seems sick of her shit (also, the mom is beautiful!!!). When they say the baby’s name though, I only hear COVID. What is his actual name? Can you imagine raw dogging a stranger you meet in a foreign country? What a terrible decision. AND THEN getting pregnant and questioning if you want to ~be with the guy after the child’s birth. Poor kid. Also, 100% chance Emily gets pregnant again!

I think I hate Bilal. Why is he playing games with that woman? Not letting her see his home. Picking her up in a chimo van. WTAF? My husband says he’s insecure. If I were moving to another country I would insist on seeing every square inch of the place I was moving to, and he’s over here purposefully hiding his real life from her? To test her?? I hate him. Him "resetting" his chess board was the first indication he's full of shit. He is fully willing and ready to get married before God immediately but not ready to get legally married for 90 Day because...(his) money. Setting your new wife up to be labeled a gold digger on TV when you’ve been wealth-faking on social media is a no. That gorgeous house he was tidying up was a real estate showing to a client, his ex-wife. He drives an entry-level Mercedes. The prank is his way of resetting expectations. Or it’s a storyline he likes because it’s about him being successful. Or, the new wife is in on it.

The woman didn’t know anything about his money or status. Didn’t know anything about what his house looked like, but still left her home country to be with him. So even not knowing this and still coming he does a “test” or a “prank” by picking her up in a shitty van and living in a run down house for a day? I feel this is abusive behavior for real. And seeing some of these clips of the next episode of him chiding her about “her attitude” and threatening to pull the car over, this guy doesn’t seem right to me. Bilal gives me MAJOR red flag energy, and that was before the season preview of him! I wonder what the real reason him and his ex wife broke up is!

I knew I was gonna hate Bilal when he kept saying that he was “so OCD”. Are you tidying up because you’re convinced your entire family will die if you don’t? Are you washing your fingers until they bleed? No? Then shut up. You’re not OCD, you’re just an anal-retentive douche canoe.

Miona and Jibri are the red flag extravaganza this show is all about.

Bini and Ari, round three! Let’s go!

Were you shocked as hell by the preview for the whole season? Fist fights, head slaps, people getting left on the side of the road...damn I didn't see that coming. Also I will never be over these people that think AFTER they have a baby is the time to think real hard about whether or not they should be with someone. You absolutely should not marry someone just cause you're having a baby but you also shouldn't have a baby without actually planning for it. Babies are not somehow less of a commitment than a marriage.

• Love 16
On 4/19/2022 at 7:51 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I thought the really large male face was Frank Sinatra.

• LOL 4
16 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

You absolutely should not marry someone just cause you're having a baby but you also shouldn't have a baby without actually planning for it. Babies are not somehow less of a commitment than a marriage.

Absolutely....however, if I were ever to have been so stupid as to have unprotected sex with some rando while on vacation in a foreign country and got pregnant, i would either a)terminate or b) keep baby and not commit to the bio dad beyond letting him know he has a child. That is, if I had his contact info...I mean, confession time, I haven't ever had a one night stand but I assume many of them end without exchanging full names and numbers.

I am thinking of Jihoon and deavan for ex. In that situation----if instead of pushing to try and make their relationship work to the point that she uprooted her kids and moved to South Korea she had just let him know and tried to work out some sort of financial support (ha good luck!) and potential visitation, wouldn't everyone have been better off? Seriously.....as a professional, educated woman who can support herself, why would I import a bartender from a resort who probably bangs a different tourist every night and try to turn him into a model husband and father in suburbia? Nah, me and my baby are good..... 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I thought the really large male face was Frank Sinatra.

If it's that same face I apologize in advance but I thought the face on his right chest was his mother with 2 smaller faces below being her children. I didn't have my glasses on so that may not have helped.

Pretty sure we're all going to shout "oh yeah now I sort of see it" when whoever it is is confirmed.

• LOL 2
16 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

I am thinking of Jihoon and deavan for ex. In that situation----if instead of pushing to try and make their relationship work to the point that she uprooted her kids and moved to South Korea she had just let him know and tried to work out some sort of financial support (ha good luck!) and potential visitation, wouldn't everyone have been better off? Seriously.....as a professional, educated woman who can support herself, why would I import a bartender from a resort who probably bangs a different tourist every night and try to turn him into a model husband and father in suburbia? Nah, me and my baby are good..... 

Because they're always told that it's the first time the local has ever done this and blah blah beautiful, blah blah no other woman compares, blah blah etc etc. Seems to work every time so why change a winning formula.

Whereas an educated woman genrally wouldn't put themselves in that situation, there are obviously exceptions.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Because they're always told that it's the first time the local has ever done this and blah blah beautiful, blah blah no other woman compares, blah blah etc etc. Seems to work every time so why change a winning formula.

yes and we all (even the educated ones haha) want to believe we are special :D Good points. 

Asuelo and Kalani are another ex that come to mind---yes it would suck and be hard to be a single mom to her first son (if she had just left Asuelo back where he belonged). But is her life or her kid's (now two) life any better by having Dad in the picture day to day? From the outside looking in, nope, in fact it looks way worse to me. Not only did she get knocked up again, she gained a third child with Asuelo's lazy ass. 

• Love 8
On 4/19/2022 at 4:44 PM, MrBuhBye said:

When they showed him and his sister going into their old house, all I could think of was how the heck that home was so conveniently available to use for filming?  I'm curious to know if what a previous poster said about his owning it and not selling it are true, or if what your clever estimation was about Sharp leasing the house for filming.  It truly was disgusting, as if it was a crack house or something that fell into such a state of disrepair and eyesoreness.  I don't recall what the houses around this house looked like, so I can't determine if it's a detriment to the neighborhood or not, if all the other homes on that street are also rundown.

Edited by Xebug67
  • Love 4