Type keyword(s) to search

BB Past Players: Dr. Will, Maggie, Dan, Dick, et al.

Not arguing with any of the above-- but I saw Andy's tweet. It wasn't Dick making it up. Andy really did tweet the Ebola crack.

I saw this and I don't think it's a reach to say Andy got a raw deal.

It's well known that Dick hates Andy and has him blocked on Twitter. Early in the day, Andy took the high road and sent out a tweet with some well wishes commending Dick and his "get tested" message. Then later in the day, Andy sent out a tweet with an Ebola one-liner (which IS a timely subject right now, after all) that had NOTHING to do with Dick. One of Dick's fans tried to stir shit up, made it sound insensitive and about Dick, and tweeted it at him. Sadly, it worked.

I'll say this: Dick does have quite the army of sycophants on social media. I shudder to think of the barrage of hate that Christine (who criticized Dick all season on the feeds) and Frankie (who Dick openly despised) are getting right now.

Edited by Bob Sambob
  • Love 2

I'm not a huge Britney fan and was pretty apathetic of her returning, but that goodbye message alone made it worth it for her being in the house again.

ETA found this on YouTube apparently Dick has had many HIV tests over the years.

Edited by choclatechip45

Straight men coming down with HIV is such a weird thing, because the odds of a man getting HIV from having heterosexual sex are so minuscule that when you hear it, you can't help but think, "Yeah, bullshit you've never done needle drugs or had sex with a guy" but then you (well, me, at least) feel like a dick for calling someone a liar about their private life. 

I'm pretty sure Dick talked about doing heroin on the feeds I could be wrong. The whole thing seems weird to me Dick does a show with ex girlfriend not the girlfriend he was engaged to right after he was diagnosed. Waits 3 years to tell this on another reality show. Sorry something does not add up for me. I don't think Dick is lying about having HIV , I think its strange he waits 3 years to announce it on a reality show when he could profit off of it.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 1

Straight men coming down with HIV is such a weird thing, because the odds of a man getting HIV from having heterosexual sex are so minuscule that when you hear it, you can't help but think, "Yeah, bullshit you've never done needle drugs or had sex with a guy" but then you (well, me, at least) feel like a dick for calling someone a liar about their private life. 

The risk is lower for straight men but it is still very possible depending on viral load, the type of sex they have with a woman, if a condom is used, if the woman is using ART, etc. If Dick's goal is to use this as a platform and encourage awareness then I hope he wouldn't lie about how he got it. A lot of people believe that heterosexual men aren't at risk as long as they don't do needle drugs but that is just not true. 

• Love 1

The risk is lower for straight men but it is still very possible depending on viral load, the type of sex they have with a woman, if a condom is used, if the woman is using ART, etc. If Dick's goal is to use this as a platform and encourage awareness then I hope he wouldn't lie about how he got it. A lot of people believe that heterosexual men aren't at risk as long as they don't do needle drugs but that is just not true.

ITA. Many people still view HIV/AIDS as a "gay" disease, but that simply isn't true; a virus doesn't give a hoot about the lifestyle of the host it is infecting. The gay association is almost totally an American phenomenon, and arose purely as a result of epidemiology. The virus' first vector into the U. S. was a gay male (Patient Zero was a Danish flight attendant who regularly flew in/out of NYC, IIRC), so the disease's apparent initial predeliction for the gay population was simply the follow-through from that initial infection source. If a hetero male/female had been the initial vector, the disease's burn path - and public perception - would have been totally different.

• Love 3

Straight men coming down with HIV is such a weird thing, because the odds of a man getting HIV from having heterosexual sex are so minuscule that when you hear it, you can't help but think,

His story just sounds weird and gross...He says he thinks he got it from a one night stand with a stripper who got her period while they were doing it and the next morning the bed looks like a slaughterhouse and the stripper is mysteriously gone. It just sounds fake like the storyline from about a dozen different crime shows or the urban legend about a person who has a one night stand and wakes up to find I Hope You Enjoy AIDS on the mirror. On a related note, I hope Britney's baby is continuing to do well.

I get why we're talking about Dick in this thread, but all the talk about his announcing his HIV status is starting to get off-topic. Let's try to keep this thread about past gameplay, and less about how certain HGs are doing nowadays. If you'd like to continue to talk about Dick, feel free to create a thread (if there's not already one...).