Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: One Good Thing

jewel21
  • Start Topic

While Geri does her best to keep the Walker family’s collective chins up, Walker and Cassie look for any clues to help Bonham in his hour of need.

Airdate: 04/07/2022

I haven’t been able to watch the last few episodes (VPN issues).  Would someone be kind enough to give me the context of how Geri is now a Davidson?  Unfortunately, the show sounds like it’s getting a bit too soapy for me.

How the heck did they pack up a whole ranch in one day in between a court hearing, the whole Nate thing and all the other various things they had going on? I can't remember, but is Cordell's house on the ranch too?

Well, just when we thought that the Davidsons couldn't sink any lower... while we need some conflict for the Walker family to rally against, this is hard to stomach. The soap opera level of nonsense with Geri being the long missing Davidson daughter was something a lot of us predicted and it's unfortunate that it seems to be causing a schism between her and the family that had embraced her for so long. Am hoping that she's going to use this "in" as a way to help the Walkers because I hated seeing the ranch house gutted like that.

And Denise can go sit and spin on the nearest cactus. First using her position try to railroad Bonham into a prison sentence and all but kicking the Walkers on their way off the ranch. And that bullshit simpering to Cordell about how she'd thought that they would end the feud between their families when she actively worked to destroy his family. I really am hating that the she, her rat of a husband and her mother can get away with so much while the Walkers are basically being dragged through the dirt. Glad that she at least got a little bit of a hand slapping from the judge at Bonham's bail hearing, but that doesn't begin to touch on just how badly she's abused her professional authority.

It's heartening to see that the Walkers are sticking together through this. Cordell understandably feels a lot of guilt over losing the horse race, but no one is blaming him and they shouldn't. He is a lawman and his first instinct is to help others, even at cost to himself. Bonham is exonerated and back with his family and the Walkers are a united front. Here's hoping that they are able to knock the Davidsons down a few pegs. 

• Love 2

Damn, they really did go there with making Geri the long lost Davidson daughter.  It really has become a Romeo & Juliet scenario with her and Walker!  That said, I suspect that this twist will actually benefit the Walkers in the end and she will use that new relationship with the Davidsons to either make them give back the ranch or find some way to just flat-out knock them down a few pegs.

I'm glad they at least acknowledged that Denise prosecuting Bonham would have been a conflict of interest and new council was going to be needed had it continued.

Still not sure if Daddy Davidson's death is officially closed.  I noticed that Frank only said that he "wasn't going to be a problem" anymore, but it was never show that he was the one who struck the blow.  Still thinking that the killed was Gale herself: possibly after finding out the truth about Geri.

Nice seeing Ben Browder as Nate, even if I keep forgetting how much older he is now.  Can't believe Farscape was over twenty years ago!

I wonder how everyone found out about Walker helping Dan?  Did Walker lament about it after the loss?  Or was Dan petty enough to actually be all "That fool actually helped my stupid ass!" when gloating over his win? 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

Or was Dan petty enough to actually be all "That fool actually helped my stupid ass!" when gloating over his win? 

Maybe not in front of his wife, but he's going to blab to someone. Especially if he had something to do with Cordell's cinch snapping. Because he's too much of a sleeze to try to win fair and square.

I'm still fuming over how Denise was talking to Cordell while he's packing up his house. She expressed absolutely zero regret that it had come to this or that it hurt someone that she once cared about. That BS about the two of them being the ones to end the feud was crap considering that she was all but shoving Cordell out the door and locking it behind him. Not to mention trying to put Bonham in prison and really trashing the good name of the family in the process. If the feud does end because of Cordell linking up with a Davidson daughter, it's not going to be Denise!

Edited by Hana Chan
(edited)

So much to unpack here. Can't help but wonder if Nate told Denise the same thing he told the Walkers and she chose to ignore it and arrest Bonham. Didn't apologize for arresting him after learning that he tried to save Marv's life, either. And they actually moved into the Walker house even though they have a very nice of their own at the Davidson Ranch? A home that's been in their family for as long as the Walkers have lived in theirs? That struck me as ... petty.  To be fair, I like the Walker house better. Much brighter and more open. The Davidson house looked dark and claustrophobic to me. Wonder if that was a deliberate choice on the part of the show's production team.

Geri better not end up sympathizing with the Davidson's but I can understand her having some questions. I know that Abelene said it wasn't her secret to tell but once Marv was dead, she could've (and IMO should've) told What's Her Name about what Marv confessed. That info might've gone a long way towards smoothing things between the two families and helped to heal the rift. Knowing that her daughter was still alive and that she shouldn't be wasting her time weeping over her asshole husband who lied to her and ditched their kid.

And seriously, how does an infant just disappear in this day and age? If she went into labor at the ranch, they would've called an ambulance or driven to the hospital. Or at the very least, had a mid-wife present. Someone would've seen that baby. I'm sure her OBGYN would've asked some questions. And all of their friends and family would've noticed that she'd given birth. If the baby "died" or was stillborn, wouldn't there have been some sort of funeral or memorial service? This would've been the 1980s, not the 1880s. Okay, maybe the 1970's but you get my point. They weren't hundreds of miles from civilization and it wasn't the stone age. 

I hope Cordy and Geri don't split up over this. That she doesn't end up resenting Abelene (and the rest of the Walkers by extension) for not saying anything, I wasn't originally on board with this particular ship but now that they're together, I actually like them as a couple.         

Edited by wlk68
  • Love 3

Was just thinking that the Walkers would have very clear grounds to sue the DA's office in general and Denise Davidson personally for malicious prosecution. That she allowed her personal interest in the case to color her investigation of her father's death (which she shouldn't have involved herself in out of a sense of professional ethics) and that she publicly slandered Bonham in particular and the entire Walker family in general. And that this is a pattern in the DA's office, given how the previous elected DA was involved in the murder of Cordell's wife and that Denise actively tried to prevent the rangers from properly investigating Marv's murder because that would get in the way of exacting her pound of flesh. 

Liam is at loose ends right now. He could use a hobby and this might be a fun thing to fill his hours with.

• Love 2

Am I the only one who doesn't feel bad for them losing their home? I mean some, yes, but they chose a ridiculous horse race to decide something that important. And that cost their employees their jobs - guess they didn't think of that. One of them is a freaking lawyer and that issue could have been handled in court. I just can't get past how dumb that was. 

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Am I the only one who doesn't feel bad for them losing their home? I mean some, yes, but they chose a ridiculous horse race to decide something that important. And that cost their employees their jobs - guess they didn't think of that. One of them is a freaking lawyer and that issue could have been handled in court. I just can't get past how dumb that was. 

I think that the whole thing was just a contrivance to knock the Walkers down as low as possible so that they could rise up again, stronger than ever. They need to stop treating the Davidsons with kid gloves, because the Davidsons have shown time and time again that they will go for the jugular every chance they get and not care who gets hurt in the process. Denise didn't seem to give a shit that Cordell's children were going to be made homeless because of hers and her mother's vendetta. They don't give a shit about any collateral damage in getting what they want.

And the Davidsons have played so dirty, with Denise abusing her office to persecute Bonham (and I'm using that word deliberately), her husband using the illegal surveillance on the Walkers and then the horse race that I'm sure was rigged. It's now time for the Walkers to stop playing nice and start showing just how strong they are. 

• Love 1

I'm still processing this episode trying to figure out why Marv wouldn't at least help out with Geri's medical bills when it was actually his daughter.  That's some cold hearted moves there.  It's like he did want her to die so there was no chance she'd come back and try to claim any of the ranch or meet her birth parents, etc.  The whole smacks of TV contrivance and I would like the show to get back to being about Walker and being a Ranger.  

On the bright side it was great seeing Ben Browder again!  I've loved him since his Farscape days.

• Love 1

Its great seeing Ben Browder here, always thrilled to see him show up. I guess Geri being the long lost Davidson daughter was inevitable, this show does love its soap opera twists. I hope that this doesn't become a whole mess where Geri ends up siding with the sketchy ass Davidsons or end her relationship with Walker, which I do actually like. Its not like any of this is his fault, he certainly didn't think any of this had anything to do with her until Dan had already found her, and its not like they could keep everyone quiet about it and let Bonham rot in jail. I think this will end up helping in the long term though, Geri will be their eyes on the inside who can figure out a way to save the ranch.

Denise can take several seats with all her "I thought we would end the feud" crap, especially after she tried to prosecute the guy she thought murdered her own father. If she was actually interested in keeping the peace, she would have recused herself the second her dads case become open again, thank goodness Liam finally pointed out that Denise is engaging in a blatant conflict of interest and the judge told her to sit this one out. Then coming over to the ranch to rub it in while Walker, a person she says she cares about, is packing up, what an ass. The Walkers have clearly made some mistakes here, but the Davidsons have made a lot more. 

New partner Cassie is growing on me. 

• Love 2
On 4/13/2022 at 7:31 AM, Linderhill said:

I'm still processing this episode trying to figure out why Marv wouldn't at least help out with Geri's medical bills when it was actually his daughter.  That's some cold hearted moves there.  It's like he did want her to die so there was no chance she'd come back and try to claim any of the ranch or meet her birth parents, etc.  The whole smacks of TV contrivance and I would like the show to get back to being about Walker and being a Ranger.  

Especially since the money that Marv was secretly transferring to Nate (who was the go-between between Marv and Frank) was "child support" so it's not like he wssn't already helping Frank out. Agree, this was a contrivance.