Type keyword(s) to search

S01.02: The Hardest Night of My Life

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Meta quit.   Is anyone surprised?

They actually got me for a minute that Jodie was actually going to quit first.  But of course that was a red herring, and Metta was actually the first quitter.  I guess it's the effort that counts?

I liked this episode better than last week.  Kind of a very discount Survivor meets Eco-Challenge.  I laughed when they were sitting at their version of tribal council and the tree fell, and Jodie kept repeating "is everyone okay?"  No one had a tree on them, so clearly everyone was fine.  

• LOL 3

I am only surprised Meta made it to the second episode.  He didn't quit, he ended his journey.  Sure Meta.  

I realized I cheer against any team that Colton is on.  I just don't like or respect the guy.  

• Love 3

The big draw of shows like this is to get to know famous people behind the scenes. Unfortunately I don't know half of these celebrities, and don't especially care about the other half. Also... I HATE the nonstop stressful background music. And oh my word, that announcer! 

Is it really only Day 2? They're acting like it's the second month. 

But I still watched! What is wrong with me? 😁

Lauren seems nice. Craig's story was heartbreaking. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I laughed when they were sitting at their version of tribal council and the tree fell, and Jodie kept repeating "is everyone okay?"  No one had a tree on them, so clearly everyone was fine.  

I think her concern was for the crew. She wouldn't have been able to see if they had a tree on them from where she was sitting.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I realized I cheer against any team that Colton is on.  I just don't like or respect the guy.  

I'd never heard of him before last week, but now I have to agree with you.

Who starts a charity that is aimed at helping people with cystic fibrosis, then names it after himself? At the very least, it should be named after his cousin with CF.

Also, the purpose of his charity is to help all of 50 people. How generous of him (sarcasm)!

https://www.coltonslegacy.org/coltons-legacy-project

• Love 2
2 hours ago, eel21788 said:

I'd never heard of him before last week, but now I have to agree with you.

Who starts a charity that is aimed at helping people with cystic fibrosis, then names it after himself? At the very least, it should be named after his cousin with CF.

Also, the purpose of his charity is to help all of 50 people. How generous of him (sarcasm)!

https://www.coltonslegacy.org/coltons-legacy-project

I was thinking the same thing.  I'm always skeptical when people are doing something for charity and the charity just happens to be named after themselves.  I hope there's receipts of where the money goes.  With everything I've heard about Colton, I feel this is his way of just keeping himself in the public eye and acting like he's doing a good deed in the process to gain favor, while he looks for the next opportunity in the spotlight (I really hope it's not DWTS-I'm over anyone from The Bachelor universe being on there to begin with, and I especially don't want him).   

2 hours ago, eel21788 said:

I think her concern was for the crew. She wouldn't have been able to see if they had a tree on them from where she was sitting.

Aw, that's a good point.  The crew is so good at staying out of sight I forget most of the time there are people there behind the cameras.  

• Love 1

I think the main problem I have with this show is that it is trying to be a version of Survivor, but without the strategy aspect it is a dismal failure.  In place of strategy it is trying to make it a show about the "journeys" and sob stories of the contestants.  Since I am not interested in any of them, their stories hold no interest for me.

And since even at the first "Lantern" people were acting as though they have already had these deep insights and revelations about themselves after one day, it all feels very phony and staged.  And the !suspense! about whether or not someone will ring the bell...

And then there's the announcer...still thinking he is really out of place here.  And his voice always sounds so phony.

But as I said in the other episode thread, there is nothing else on to watch after Survivor, so I will probably continue on watching for a while.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, funandfitpt said:

I’m liking it. I only really know Jodie. I know Metta from Big Brother. Colton was a Bachelor and then came out as gay? 

It’s something to watch I guess. 

I'm working on a bunch of mindless, boring tasks and this is one of the not-so-popular shows that helps me get through it all (and The Courtship) 

The show is not supposed to be Survivor. It's just a feel-good, push-yourself kind of show. I don't mind that no one goes home but that they self-reflect instead. For me, it's about the players overcoming challenges. I could use a little inspiration right about now and this works a bit (not fully!)

• Love 6

I continue to watch in spite of the announcer who only got worse this week. I thought his comment about if Ebonie were a real life tight-rope walker (instead of beeing 6 inches off the ground irl) she would be 'splattered all over the pavement below' was completely uncalled for. Add that to his 'vocal stylings' being a horrible mismatch to the show and, yeah he's a detraction at best.

Other than that I am happy that we don't have to deal with the 'drama' of 'Metta wants to quit another show that he clearly doesn't realize what he'll be doing on but that his agent signed him on to do' anymore.

On 3/26/2022 at 12:44 PM, Jextella said:

It's just a feel-good, push-yourself kind of show.

Yeah that's how I'm taking it as well, I would at this point sum it up as 'mostly harmless'.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I continue to watch in spite of the announcer who only got worse this week. I thought his comment about if Ebonie were a real life tight-rope walker (instead of beeing 6 inches off the ground irl) she would be 'splattered all over the pavement below' was completely uncalled for. Add that to his 'vocal stylings' being a horrible mismatch to the show and, yeah he's a detraction at best.

Other than that I am happy that we don't have to deal with the 'drama' of 'Metta wants to quit another show that he clearly doesn't realize what he'll be doing on but that his agent signed him on to do' anymore.

Yeah that's how I'm taking it as well, I would at this point sum it up as 'mostly harmless'.

I read a critique about the show in which the writer said alot of what we have...it's harmless feel-good fun. The writer did object to the announcer who he thought should have been someone who better connected with the cast. Maybe he'll lean in that direction down the road.

• Love 1