Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: The Crown

• Start Topic

Needing a way out, Thony tries to make a deal with Garrett to save herself and help Arman, but Arman doesn't trust any promises made by the FBI. A sting operation is hatched, but Arman's distrust leads it off course. Loyalties are put to the test as families both unite and fall apart.

Airdate: March 14, 2022

(Season Finale)
Guest Cast: 
Eric Ladin as Noah McPherson
Liza Weil as ASAC Katherine Russo
Ivan Shaw as Marco
Eva De Dominici as Nadia
Navid Negahban as Hayak Barsamian
Shiva Negar as Isabel Barsamian
Esodie Geiger as Renee Lawson
Lily Lei as Techie
Vincent McDaniel as Prison Guard
Clint Obenchain as Vinny
Brad Thornton as Travis
Amber Lynn Ashley as Hostess
Gabriela C. Ortega as Roxy
Janelle Baptiste as Samentha
TCL-S1_110-15a-JN_982_webres.jpg
TCL-S1_110-17c-JN_771_webres.jpg

Surprising that body count was so low... just the minions in the SUV... Hayak still alive... but Arman gets out soon... unless Hayak sees the video of obvious coded message from the visiting room.

Maybe Marco gets robbed at the airport so he and Luca are trapped until Thony can track them down...

(edited)

Well, they were telegraphing so hard that Marco was going to take Luca, it didn't really feel like a twist/cliffhanger ending to me. But I still feel bad for Thony. Don't know if I'm going to like next season being all about getting Luca back, though.

So let me see if I got this straight:

• the FBI got: Arman and Hayak in jail (but Arman might get released?); the guns; the buyer; and Hayak's books,
  • Hayak's daughter, Nadia, and Thony get left alone by the FBI,
  • Thony gets the $6 million, but has to work for/with Nadia,
  • Nadia gets... the club?

If there's a Season 2, the changed dynamics should be interesting. Kinda surprised they kept Hayak in the mix - thought he'd end up dead one way or another. I don't think it makes sense that he still trusts Arman, however.

Very low key, but they actually had Thony acknowledge her feelings for Arman to Arman; so a little something for the 'shippers there.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Trini said:

So let me see if I got this straight:

•  
  •  
  • Thony gets the $6 million, but has to work for/with Nadia,
  •  

If there's a Season 2, the changed dynamics should be interesting. Kinda surprised they kept Hayak in the mix - thought he'd end up dead one way or another. I don't think it makes sense that he still trusts Arman, however.

It seemed like Thony has to launder the $6MM crypto and pass it to Nadia in small wire transfer batches. Arman saved Hayak in the hotel suite and earned a second chance / clean slate. Since most of the Hayak gang is dead / jailed / on the run, Arman is best qualified to take over, regardless of how much / little Hayak trusts him. 

• Love 2

So it wasn't Nadia's long hair in the promo but one of Noah's mooks. For survivalist they sure misjudged their poor tactical position.

With the promised twist I was expecting a hit on Arman in the jail. So was it working with Nadia so the sisters breaking bad or Marco the big shock?

• Love 1

It became very clear last episode that Marco was going to take Luca, so no surprise there for me. I don't like it because this keeps Luca as the motivating mcguffin for Thony - a plot device I became tired of throughout the first season. I do like that Thony made it very clear that she chose Arman. I can root for them now because there is no more coercion between them. Call me twisted  but  her visiting him in jail in cahoots with each other, it is romantic, ha.

I sure hope they knew they have a second season because otherwise this will be one of those frustrating cliffhanger shows that never goes anywhere else.

• Love 3

Yahooo!  Marco took Luca!  Hey, no matter what, Marco is the father of Luca.  Thony was not honest with him from the beginning.  It's her fault that this happened!

The show wants us to feel for Thony, and maybe most do, but I just shake my head of all the illegal stuff she has done. 

Arman didn't really keep his end of the deal with Garrett.  If I'm Garrett, I wouldn't keep up my end of the deal.  I would leave Arman in prison!

It's a good show, but I just don't like the direction it's going.  Fiona is illegal in the US and she's going to join Thony in a business to launder Arman's money.  Ah hell no!  Lol...the only character I like is Garrett and of course Nadia !💖

So, here's hoping that the show gets canceled.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Yahooo!  Marco took Luca!  Hey, no matter what, Marco is the father of Luca.  Thony was not honest with him from the beginning.  It's her fault that this happened!

Luca would have died in Manila waiting for idiot Marco to get a visa... 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, magdalene said:

It became very clear last episode that Marco was going to take Luca, so no surprise there for me. I don't like it because this keeps Luca as the motivating mcguffin for Thony - a plot device I became tired of throughout the first season. I do like that Thony made it very clear that she chose Arman. I can root for them now because there is no more coercion between them. Call me twisted  but  her visiting him in jail in cahoots with each other, it is romantic, ha.

I sure hope they knew they have a second season because otherwise this will be one of those frustrating cliffhanger shows that never goes anywhere else.

I'm not seeing cliffhanger as much as the surprise that they went there. Thony breaking bad to be near Arman. Since the beginning I have been wondering how the show premise can survive into a second season. The show took the Argentine concept and was grafted onto a show about living as an illegal alien.  A small time drug dealer, and her sister practicing medicine without a license and laundering money all under the glare of the Justice Department and Homeland Security. But that is another show should they decide to go on.

And while Thony came to the US to save Luca, now that he is relatively safe she will never see him again. While Marco might be a gambler when he was fighting with his big sister Fiona in the previous he was talking about her being a single mother embarrassing the family. So there is support in Manila should he sink too low.

30 minutes ago, Raja said:

And while Thony came to the US to save Luca, now that he is relatively safe she will never see him again. While Marco might be a gambler when he was fighting with his big sister Fiona in the previous he was talking about her being a single mother embarrassing the family. So there is support in Manila should he sink too low.

IRL Philippines has a 2 tier public health insurance system... Everybody qualifies for free basic health care. However, private insurance is needed for specialized care - e.g. Post Transplant - so Marco better not have gambled those premiums away...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, paigow said:

IRL Philippines has a 2 tier public health insurance system... Everybody qualifies for free basic health care. However, private insurance is needed for specialized care - e.g. Post Transplant - so Marco better not have gambled those premiums away...

That is where the unseen extended de la Rosa  family that Fiona embarrassed by becoming an unmarried mother comes into play.

I have no idea how this show managed to make Arman tapping his finger on a table so damn hot but there it is.  Whew.

8 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Arman didn't really keep his end of the deal with Garrett.  If I'm Garrett, I wouldn't keep up my end of the deal.  I would leave Arman in prison!

Arman isn't relying upon Garrett to get him out - Hayek's lawyer is working on that.  Without Arman being WITH the guns or even Hayek, Garrett has nothing on them.  Hayek is trapped because his daughter dropped a dime on him.  So he handed the reins to Arman.  Arman decided he'd rather deal with the devil he knew (Hayek) than the devil he knew would screw him and leave him with nothing (Garrett).  His whole plan was to get arrested, have Hayek's daughter turn on him and force Hayek's hand in turning everything over to him (Arman).  He even saved Hayek's life.  Arman's plan worked.  Garrett was really Arman's pawn, not the other way around.

Garrett will still be trying to bring Arman down though.  But that's S2 if we get one.

10 hours ago, Raja said:

With the promised twist I was expecting a hit on Arman in the jail. So was it working with Nadia so the sisters breaking bad or Marco the big shock?

I was expecting either Arman or Hayek to get shanked and to be left wondering if one of them died.  I wasn't surprised about Marco - that's been telegraphed a few episodes.  I can kinda see Marco's pov - especially with how he felt being left in Manilla.  What I am irritated about with Marco is that he cared more about his role in saving Luca than Luca being saved.  If left up to him, Luca would already be dead because of his ego.  I think S2 will have Marco using Luca to bribe Thony back to him.

That scene of Thony giving Nadia her allowance - girl - go buy yourself something to cry in, lmao.  I just could NOT be Nadia, lol.  I would have snapped and killed Thony.  First she's got my husband's head all turnt and now she's handing me an allowance?  LMAO.  Murder.

Thony and Fiona operating as a money laundering service - interesting.  And Thony opening a clinic - that's gonna be interesting... she'll be in the morally gray zone immediately I'm sure... and sink slower into the darkness of that.

I love this show.  I love how it's showing Hayek's motives of trying to freedom fight for his homeland, so he sells guns to make money to send for the effort.  I love Arman feeling trapped in a life he got into to escape the helplessness he felt as a kid.  I love seeing Thony and her struggle to stay "good" while being in "illegal" situations.  I even like seeing Garrett cross every line because for him, he needs the win and the ends justify the means (to him).

I can't wait for S2.  Please renew this show Fox!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Raja said:

That is where the unseen extended de la Rosa  family that Fiona embarrassed by becoming an unmarried mother comes into play.

Marco is persona non grata because he borrowed money from EVERYBODY and NEVER paid them back

Marco is an abusive, controlling, addict. He's Hayak without the money/minions/power, because he lacks the self-control. I think Thony chose Arman because Arman is actually better to her and Luca than Marco is. And she couldn't free herself from Marco if she returned to the Philippines. She was trapped. Arman is actually the better deal for her at this point.

I also really love Fiona, and expect her to try to help Thony get Luca back. 

I don't understand Nadia's motives, unless it's just money. I guess it is. But the fact that she's not the one who visited Arman, well... I don't expect her loyalty to continue-- and honestly, she'd be crazy to continue given how Arman feels about her (or doesn't). 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, paigow said:

Marco is persona non grata because he borrowed money from EVERYBODY and NEVER paid them back

But Luca's not. Lolo would take him in a moment to keep him from a gambler or gangster's girlfriend

For all of Agent Garrett's obsession his agent in charge was right there with him just as long as the FBI got the credit instead of the ATF. Since Las Vegas also was never in on the murder investigation it seems as all of law enforcement,not just Homeland Security versus Justice, was at war with each other

• Love 2
8 hours ago, phoenics said:

That scene of Thony giving Nadia her allowance - girl - go buy yourself something to cry in, lmao.  I just could NOT be Nadia, lol.  I would have snapped and killed Thony.  First she's got my husband's head all turnt and now she's handing me an allowance?  LMAO.  Murder.

LOL!

But we know Nadia plays the long game, though. Arman better watch out; I still think Nadia could try to take over Arman's position in the mob. To her, Thony's a low level threat in the grand scheme of things, I think.

• Love 3

My hope for a second season would be to flesh out just what the rules are between Nadia and Arman. 

I would be surprised if Marco is allowed to get out of the country.  Or at least I hope not because I don't want to spend another season with Thony wondering what is happening with her child. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

My hope for a second season would be to flesh out just what the rules are between Nadia and Arman. 

I would be surprised if Marco is allowed to get out of the country.  Or at least I hope not because I don't want to spend another season with Thony wondering what is happening with her child. 

Luca is a Philippines citizen traveling home with his father. It would be coming back to America without both parents consent when airlines would refuse to board him. 

5 minutes ago, Raja said:

Luca is a Philippines citizen traveling home with his father. It would be coming back to America without both parents consent when airlines would refuse to board him. 

I'm mostly talking in general. I don't know if the show will have him get that far.

17 hours ago, Raja said:

Luca is a Philippines citizen traveling home with his father. 

That would depend on which passport Marco had access to. Luca came back from Mexico on a fake US passport. We don't know what Thorny did with his real passport.

6 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

That would depend on which passport Marco had access to. Luca came back from Mexico on a fake US passport. We don't know what Thorny did with his real passport.

I think Marco would have to be high to grab the wrong passport. But I guess that is a plot armor scenario for mother Thony. But still only slows him down since they, Thony and Luca, have overstayed their visas and are without status

I am so darn confused about Luka. So, Thony gets him to the US for some clinical trial gene therapy program, apparently only available in Las Vegas. She has to wait so long that their visas run out, and then he needs a liver transplant before he can enter the trial that Arman pushes forward for her. Then he gets this transplant in Mexico and everyone keeps saying he’s fine now, Marco wants to “go home to the Philippines” - but doesn’t he still need this gene therapy? Why is no one talking about this anymore and basically all high-fiving that he’s great now? 

Did I miss something? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lunula said:

I am so darn confused about Luka. So, Thony gets him to the US for some clinical trial gene therapy program, apparently only available in Las Vegas. She has to wait so long that their visas run out, and then he needs a liver transplant before he can enter the trial that Arman pushes forward for her. Then he gets this transplant in Mexico and everyone keeps saying he’s fine now, Marco wants to “go home to the Philippines” - but doesn’t he still need this gene therapy? Why is no one talking about this anymore and basically all high-fiving that he’s great now? 

Did I miss something? 

When his liver failure got him kicked out of the clinical trial, Thorny went for the next best known treatment: a stem cell transplant (after bullying Lou Diamond Phillips into giving up his stem cells).

For now, he is fine; however, it is too soon to know if the stem cell transplant was a cure or just a temporary fix. The purpose of the clinical trial was to cure him with the mystery treatment, so he wouldn't require the stem cell transplant.

Things that could go wrong with the stem cell transplant are:

1) The new bone marrow could attack his body (graft versus host disease) which can be debilitating or fatal, or

2) His old bone marrow could overtake the new marrow, so whatever his original immunocompromising illness was could recur.

The clinical trial was supposed to cure his disease without the side effects of a stem cell transplant.

• Useful 2