Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Setting Itself Right

• Start Topic

Why didn't Layton ditch his breach suit to pull Asha out?  She was right there by the access port, and she lasted a few minutes in there.  It's not out of line to think that he would not collapse immediately.

So there is an independent locomotive out there someplace on the ever-expanding network of rails for Snowpiercer.  Maybe it's robot controlled.  Which brings to mind, why didn't anyone else adapt the tech early on and build their own trains?  That's more of a rhetorical question, I guess, because it would really complicate the entire foundation of the series.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Which brings to mind, why didn't anyone else adapt the tech early on and build their own trains?  That's more of a rhetorical question, I guess, because it would really complicate the entire foundation of the series.

I’m guessing trade secrets along with Wilfords need to be seen as the Only Hero of the world. This is the guy who gunned down scientists remember. 

Speaking of said egotistical monster, boy is he back with a vengeance . He was just playing everyone this episode. I stand by what I said before, he’s planning something. Of course in his arrogance he thinks the filters will be just fine after so many yrs. Probably the same reason he never bothered with a proper medical staff. 

What was the point of keeping Asha around? What a waste of talent and time for Punjabi. We never truly got to know her. Not to mention the woman had serious mental health issues that don’t seem to have been addressed. 

Well at least the idea of Melanie being alive saved Layton from disclosing he seriously goofed on the New Eden. If Mel is alive and she has more data, New Eden could be a reality.

Mel Mel! If anyone could jury rig a snow plough and live this long Mel could. She must of saved lots of rats.

The quality of episodes has just gone down this season. I get the feeling the writers have hit a wall and are desperate to get off the train. 

Edited by rtms77
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Who was Widow Dr hiding in the back, her husband or someone else?

I'm assuming her husband, but supposedly the actor is employed elsewhere, unless he is unrecognisable once resurrected. Pike would be the only other dead body, or strong boy. 

• Useful 1

I agree; this show has totally failed to fill the gap of Melanie being missing, and Sean Bean, for all his charisma, is a few-dimensional villain whose motivations are so uninteresting that he can’t fill the void alone.

On paper this show’s plot developments are truly ridiculous. First there was a single train carrying the rest of humanity. Then there was a second train. And now there’s a THIRD, zombie-ing around, which might have Melanie in it but will probably just contain a message in a bottle with instructions on how to find her, letting them prolong Jennifer Connelly’s absence for another season.

A Season 4 renewal was already announced, which bodes very badly because the writing feels totally phoned in at this point, so there’s no reason for the show runners to try hard next time.

• Love 3

Ah, so they kept the dog.  Breeding if nothing else.  
yeah, waste of Asha and her story.  
a new zombie cold man?  I’m guessing it’s the make dr Headwood too.

of course Melanie survived.