Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Gone

jewel21
  • Start Topic

So glad Theo turned out to be a good guy!!  It would have been so out of character from what we've seen to make him involved.  I think he and his wife will be able to have a relationship with Makayla now.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

So glad Theo turned out to be a good guy!!  It would have been so out of character from what we've seen to make him involved.  I think he and his wife will be able to have a relationship with Makayla now.

But he was introduced as a creeper who stood at the fence of a children's school and gave Makayla stickers and candy...  Maybe he turned out to be a good guy, but they sure wanted us to think that he was super creepy at first.  I was still on the fence about him; he could definitely have gone either way.  The trial could have been all an act.

How does Ruzek still have a job?  In real life, I would hope that he'd have been fired years ago.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

I know that blood is not everything but Makayla should have a relationship with her biological family.  

• Love 2

Ruzek got on my damn nerves tonight. I know he was panicked about the little girl but he was never able to pull himself together.  Voight was actually good tonight but I still don't care for him. It's kind of strange Kev didn't play more of a role considering his relationship with Ruzek and Kim. 

I'm glad they didn't make Theo the villain and I personally think he should have won custody of Mikayla over Kim. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mommalib said:

Ruzek got on my damn nerves tonight. I know he was panicked about the little girl but he was never able to pull himself together.  Voight was actually good tonight but I still don't care for him. It's kind of strange Kev didn't play more of a role considering his relationship with Ruzek and Kim. 

I'm glad they didn't make Theo the villain and I personally think he should have won custody of Mikayla over Kim. 

Theo should have won custody with Kim getting visitation.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

But he was introduced as a creeper who stood at the fence of a children's school and gave Makayla stickers and candy...  Maybe he turned out to be a good guy, but they sure wanted us to think that he was super creepy at first.  I was still on the fence about him; he could definitely have gone either way.  The trial could have been all an act.

How does Ruzek still have a job?  In real life, I would hope that he'd have been fired years ago.

Good Point and especially after last nights episode.

That said, Hank should have pulled him off the case a lot sooner, if fact they should have never had him on it. He’s a hot head at the best of time never minds when someone he loves is involved. 

• Love 2

Why the hell did Voight let him stand on that bridge in the first place? Both he and Kim needed to be benched from the start. 

Ruzek was off the charts, not helpful or endearing however I wonder how much a part of not being able to find Kim in the finale played into that? Knowing also that Makayla, being a child, can't fight for herself like an adult could. I imagine every parent would be feeling the same to some degree, so they never should've been allowed out of the bullpen. 

Also a head scratcher..... of course you'd take the child straight back to the same bedroom she was abducted from, in the same apartment her babysitter was murdered in front of her less than a day later. I hope they managed to clean up the blood splatter out of the rugs & off the wall.

It was one of the better, more intense episodes of the season & the performances were top notch.

Kim, try and remember that she is 'your daughter' next time you need Ruzek to do something for you. We should've known with these writers after last week reminding us that she's 'their kid' that they'd pull shit like this, because this is all they ever do to this couple. I get it, as actors they pull it off but there is only so many times you can go back to the same well & still have the audience buy in. 

I admit, I am and always have been a Burzek fan.... this show has lost the plot in the last few seasons but I hung on because I enjoy watching Marina & Paddy's work. Not one other character is interesting enough to put myself through this merry-go-round though. (Atwater aside, but they don't give him enough to do to keep me interested).

I cannot muster a fuck to give about the rest of the season right now. 

• Love 4

I was wondering why they showed Ruzek get up off the bed and leave in the last scene. At first, I thought that meant he was still upset (as I would be too)! about Kim going off about how Mikayla is HER child. That’s gotta hurt.
She is very hot and cold with him. Dump him or accept him as the man/father in their lives before he leaves you for good.

Although he was being totally unreasonable I understand someone being out for blood and not thinking clearly if you were in danger of losing someone you love. 
Anyway I prefer watching them to the “other” couple! 

• Love 8

I lost my sympathy for Kim the soonest she said "my daughter".

Yes, Adam is a hothead, we all know that. But Voight seems to forget about this.

Yes, Makayla is your daughter first, Kim. But you bring Adam into this "family" situation, he doesn't ask for it. You keep using him, literally and emotionally. You know he loves that kid and will do anything for her. When he is at his lowest point, you slash his heart with hurtful remark and expect him to be cool with everything? Emotions don't work that way Kim. He is not as good as you are in compartmentalizing things.

Are the writers trying to ruin Kim Burgess and Burzek?

Adam deserves a woman who loves him, not someone who keeps manipulating him emotionally. Make up your mind Kim Burgess, before it's too late!

giphy.gif

• Love 6

Mad props to Marina--again--for pulling off an emotionally wrenching performance with some believability. I'm not excusing a lot of lazy writing for her character, but I'm saying that the actor did an excellent job with the material she was given to perform. Why they keep wrecking her humanity piece by piece is so frustrating and disheartening. I'm afraid that at some point Burgess will need to not survive one of these stories.

They've mentally and physically abused her so much that any normal person would be damaged beyond repair, so what more can you do with her (other than maybe not give her any trauma at all)?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Mad props to Marina--again--for pulling off an emotionally wrenching performance with some believability. I'm not excusing a lot of lazy writing for her character, but I'm saying that the actor did an excellent job with the material she was given to perform. Why they keep wrecking her humanity piece by piece is so frustrating and disheartening. I'm afraid that at some point Burgess will need to not survive one of these stories.

They've mentally and physically abused her so much that any normal person would be damaged beyond repair, so what more can you do with her (other than maybe not give her any trauma at all)?

But apparently they can't not give her trauma because the writers think it's fun & easy to write her like this & also at odds with Adam constantly because Marina & Paddy have great chemistry, which seems to be the stupidest reason I've heard on why you keep beating the shit out of one character.

So clearly they can't give them any happiness because they are too good at the traumatic stuff....🙄🙄

Maybe they should pretend not to have any chemistry & then they can get married.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Guildford said:

Maybe they should pretend not to have any chemistry & then they can get married.

I absolutely love the shade on the show's most boring couple ever...😍

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I can’t get past how they didn’t bother calling 911 while the babysitter was still alive. Like, I get the terror and the urgency to find Mikayla, but to talk to her only to ask where she was, and not take the seconds to call while running around the apartment? Very uncool. At least they managed to call after she died rather than forgetting about her altogether.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, psychfan said:

I can’t get past how they didn’t bother calling 911 while the babysitter was still alive. Like, I get the terror and the urgency to find Mikayla, but to talk to her only to ask where she was, and not take the seconds to call while running around the apartment? Very uncool. At least they managed to call after she died rather than forgetting about her altogether.

This show regularly ignores details that would make things realistic to make up 'time'

....like them going back home to their apartment the next night like a woman hadn't been murdered in your lounge room & let your traumatised child sleep in the bed in the room she was abducted from...like come on. That was stupid.

I guess we are supposed to hand-wave away all the stuff they feel is irrelevant but the audience notices it. 

• Love 5
On 3/10/2022 at 9:16 PM, Guildford said:

Also a head scratcher..... of course you'd take the child straight back to the same bedroom she was abducted from, in the same apartment her babysitter was murdered in front of her less than a day later. I hope they managed to clean up the blood splatter out of the rugs & off the wall.

I said the same thing to my sister....there's no way in hell I would live in that apartment again.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Nessa said:

I said the same thing to my sister....there's no way in hell I would live in that apartment again.

Right and you certainly wouldn’t bring a little girl who watched her babysitter get murdered in that apartment right back to that apartment. That’s just trauma upon trauma. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chicagopdfan said:

Right and you certainly wouldn’t bring a little girl who watched her babysitter get murdered in that apartment right back to that apartment. That’s just trauma upon trauma. 

They could've gone to Adam's place....or Kevin's or Trudy's...anywhere but there. Perhaps the fans should be as superficial as the writers clearly are, or think we are. They constantly just miss the mark on the little things.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Guildford said:

They could've gone to Adam's place....or Kevin's or Trudy's...anywhere but there. Perhaps the fans should be as superficial as the writers clearly are, or think we are. They constantly just miss the mark on the little things.

I agree about Kevin or Trudy, but I don't think Adam has his own place anymore.  A few episodes ago, they were talking about moving floors to a three bedroom place in the same building.  I have a feeling that already happened and they are just using the same living room sets because same building. 

We're dumb enough not to know the difference, right?  ::sarcasm::  

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, cameron said:

Kim and Adam acted like crazy people in this episode.

Understandably so, it was their kid that was taken. Which is exactly why they never should've been allowed near the investigation. Voight messed up when he killed his son's killer. Besides the obviously problematic murder, he lost any leg to stand on when it comes to telling his people to stay away from any case involving family.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:24 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

I lost my sympathy for Kim the soonest she said "my daughter".

Yes, Adam is a hothead, we all know that. But Voight seems to forget about this.

Yes, Makayla is your daughter first, Kim. But you bring Adam into this "family" situation, he doesn't ask for it. You keep using him, literally and emotionally. You know he loves that kid and will do anything for her. When he is at his lowest point, you slash his heart with hurtful remark and expect him to be cool with everything? Emotions don't work that way Kim. He is not as good as you are in compartmentalizing things.

Kim's been a bit of a shit when it comes to Adam's feelings for years now, ever since that bullshit "test" she pulled on him at Roman's suggestion when they were engaged way back in season 3. I'm extraordinarily tired of the way she treats him, as if his feelings are secondary to whatever she's going through at any given moment. She will never feel like he is an equal partner in any relationship they have, whether romantic or platonic. She'll keep him around or toss him away on a whim.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, JenLily said:

Understandably so, it was their kid that was taken. Which is exactly why they never should've been allowed near the investigation. Voight messed up when he killed his son's killer. Besides the obviously problematic murder, he lost any leg to stand on when it comes to telling his people to stay away from any case involving family.

Kim's been a bit of a shit when it comes to Adam's feelings for years now, ever since that bullshit "test" she pulled on him at Roman's suggestion when they were engaged way back in season 3. I'm extraordinarily tired of the way she treats him, as if his feelings are secondary to whatever she's going through at any given moment. She will never feel like he is an equal partner in any relationship they have, whether romantic or platonic. She'll keep him around or toss him away on a whim.

Didn't think that it was official on the adoption yet, and not sure how you get that attached to someone's child that fast.

41 minutes ago, cameron said:

Didn't think that it was official on the adoption yet, and not sure how you get that attached to someone's child that fast.

I know it's not official but Kim constantly refers to the three of them as a family. She's involved him in the care of Makayla almost from the beginning and they're even living together (or are planning to if the move hasn't actually been made yet). They don't need a piece of paper naming him the father for him to have formed any paternal feelings over the last year since she came into their lives. It's why it hurt him so badly when Kim threw it in his face that Makayla's *her* kid and not his. It was a bitch move on her part to assert her authority over his in the situation and deliberately minimize the relationship he has with Makayla.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, JenLily said:

I know it's not official but Kim constantly refers to the three of them as a family. She's involved him in the care of Makayla almost from the beginning and they're even living together (or are planning to if the move hasn't actually been made yet). They don't need a piece of paper naming him the father for him to have formed any paternal feelings over the last year since she came into their lives. It's why it hurt him so badly when Kim threw it in his face that Makayla's *her* kid and not his. It was a bitch move on her part to assert her authority over his in the situation and deliberately minimize the relationship he has with Makayla.

The show constantly has Kim using 'the kid' as a weapon against Adam, either Makayla or their baby. It's old and tired. 

She named him guardian in case anything happened to her, which it did, he stepped up took care of Makayla & has slept on the couch ever since. They were moving in together and spent the entire previous episode talking about 'their kid' 'their family' 'our daughter' ....the writers having Kim say 'my daughter' was a dick move. They deliberately make Kim look bad to a guy that shows up for her constantly. 

Adam has been in Makayla's life just as long as she's been in Kim's. Sure Kim is the legal parent (putting aside how asinine that whole storyline was) but Adam has been there from the start, of course he has strong paternal feelings for her.

She needs to either cut him loose completely or sort her own issues out. He's not going to leave of his own accord because he's stupid and clearly in love with her.

But she won't because she needs him to be her back up and to prop her up.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JenLily said:

It's what been about a year.  Over the top reaction to me in that last show.  Don't think you get that attached to a complete stranger  person that fast.

54 minutes ago, cameron said:

It's what been about a year.  Over the top reaction to me in that last show.  Don't think you get that attached to a complete stranger  person that fast.

So how long is long enough? 2, 4, 5 years? I don't think you can arbitrarily put a date on how quickly people get attached to people. She was a child that they have rescued, cared for and protected everyday for a year. Of course you can form attachment, I'd say it would be weird if they hadn't.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Guildford said:

So how long is long enough? 2, 4, 5 years? I don't think you can arbitrarily put a date on how quickly people get attached to people. She was a child that they have rescued, cared for and protected everyday for a year. Of course you can form attachment, I'd say it would be weird if they hadn't.

It's a typical Dick Wolf storyline..  Think of Gabi with little Louie on Chicago Fire.  Almost identical storyline with over the top foster/adoptive parenting probably due to both female lead characters having had a miscarriage.

Edited by cameron
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, cameron said:

LOL, what?  People can form attachments within MINUTES.  People can meet, fall in love, and get married within a year.  People can go through the "normal" adoption process and fall in love with their new baby within an hour.  You think two cops who saw this little girl's entire family be murdered aren't going to form an attachment to her within an entire YEAR?  Wow.  

• Love 4
On 3/9/2022 at 11:42 PM, Pearson80 said:

I know that blood is not everything but Makayla should have a relationship with her biological family.  

Definitely...but Uncle Theo was in the trial going on and on about how he's Makayla's family, yet apparently didn't even know she existed until a few months earlier. If you don't know your own brother had a kid, then you don't really have much of a leg to stand on about how blood is more important than the people who have actually been caring for her. 

• Love 1