Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Reality Leaves a Lot to the Imagination

DanaK
  • Start Topic

02/23/2022 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Dylan and Archer diagnose a pregnant woman with a serious infection. Maggie receives shocking news. Will and Charles question an elderly patient's Alzheimer's diagnosis. In an effort to help a patient, Crockett takes a risk. 

I knew something was up with nurse pretending to be the step daughter of the lady who hurt her wrist.  Staff should have confirmed there was a valid Healthcare POA of file or available. If not, she would not be authorized to be making medical decisions on behalf of this lady.   

Crocket has gotten himself into a pickle. Lol. 

I feel for Maggie.  Her character is all over the place.  

Dr. Charles…..he seemed stunned his therapist was so into him.  I hope he can find a good new therapist.  😉

I must say, these characters are such an improvement from the older seasons.  

• Love 4

The nurse wasn’t pretending to be the stepdaughter. She was her stepdaughter who believed her stepmother got her cut out of dad’s will. Hence the gaslighting and embezzlement. 
Is Maggie pregnant and also has a tumor? 
I’d pick Dr. Marcel over Dr. Archer, too. 😏 Marcel didn’t date the daughter. At most they went out for a drink, IIRK.

• Love 2

Actually enjoyed this show for once and didn't think it was too ridiculous.  But questions remain.

Pregnant woman with syphilis.  I must have turned away for a bit when Dylan made the diagnosis.  Why exactly was Goodwin involved?  Why was their concern about notifying the woman about her diagnosis?  It's her body, she has the infection, why wouldn't she have the right to know?  Or was it they didn't want to tell her while the husband was present?  Seemed a little ridiculous.  I guess Goodwin has to get on the screen at some time during the episode.

Faked Alzheimer's.  Called it immediately.  What I didn't understand is why wouldn't the mom have heard at some point that she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and objected?

Maggie and tumor.  From an age standpoint, Maggie is probably in her early 40's?  Vanessa has to be at least 26 if she's a doctor in training.  If Maggie had her when she was 15 or 16, I suppose that would work.  So Maggie still probably could get pregnant.  But you know there's always drama with her.  It'll be some tumor that produces pregnancy hormone but will be not malignant, and in two episodes we'll completely forget that she had surgery and was sick.

Guy with psychiatric induced seizures.  Was that what it was?  I didn't understand.  Marcel gave him saline and told him it was some medication, and that guy knew the medication was supposed to induce a seizure?  So he had one?  Which proved that it was all in his head?  What was the medication supposed to be?

Marcel and Blake/Avery.  The actress that plays Blake is 49, while the one who plays Avery is 34.  They've done a good job at making Avery look young, so it is believable that she is in her 20s.  I don't think Marcel ever hooked up with Avery, did he?  She has been very flirty and clearly would be open to it, but I think he rebuffed her at every point?  And Marcel has slept with Blake already, hasn't he?  Or did I imagine that?  If Marcel wants to further his career, then he clearly should hook his train to Blake.  But I would think that would be frowned upon and I'd probably go with the attractive daughter.  But right now, it's all going to blow up and I think this might mean the end of Blake and Avery for this show, because if there's no relationship with Marcel, what's the point of having her on?  She'll be a very rarely seen bit character like Abrams or Latham.

Charles and psychiatrist.  Was expecting her to drop him because she thought he was difficult.  Not because she was interested in him.  Have we ever seen this woman before?  Did we even know that Charles saw a psychiatrist?  To have her out of the blue say that she likes him seemed a little far-fetched.  

10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

The nurse wasn’t pretending to be the stepdaughter. She was her stepdaughter who believed her stepmother got her cut out of dad’s will. Hence the gaslighting and embezzlement. 
I’d pick Dr. Marcel over Dr. Archer, too. 😏 Marcel didn’t date the daughter. At most they went out for a drink, IIRK.

I'm glad you said that about the stepdaughter getting cut out of the will because I was having trouble understanding what they were saying about that part of the story at the end. I had wondered why the woman wasn't saying the younger woman wasn't her stepdaughter so now it makes sense. As for the diagnosis, I guess if some hear they have Alzheimer's by a supposed professional, they believe it

Maggie is not pregnant but she does have a tumor that apparently made her think she was pregnant

37 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

Pregnant woman with syphilis.  I must have turned away for a bit when Dylan made the diagnosis.  Why exactly was Goodwin involved?  Why was their concern about notifying the woman about her diagnosis?  It's her body, she has the infection, why wouldn't she have the right to know?  Or was it they didn't want to tell her while the husband was present?  Seemed a little ridiculous.  I guess Goodwin has to get on the screen at some time during the episode.

I think they felt that they couldn't tell her in front of the husband because of privacy concerns (plus he may have passed it to her). It also seems they felt it was a pretty sensitive thing and felt a higher up person at the hospital should be included. I think Steven Weber's character just didn't want to get involved in that and so suggested someone higher up be involved, so Goodwin stepped in. I was confused by that myself

Stevie is headed into to Natalie territory. She's really starting to annoy me, such a know it all. I am sick of this storyline with her mother. 

I really wonder where they are headed with this thing between Dr. Scott and his ex. 

Feel bad for Maggie I hope her husband is more involved in this story as he should be. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DanaK said:

I think they felt that they couldn't tell her in front of the husband because of privacy concerns (plus he may have passed it to her). It also seems they felt it was a pretty sensitive thing and felt a higher up person at the hospital should be included. I think Steven Weber's character just didn't want to get involved in that and so suggested someone higher up be involved, so Goodwin stepped in. I was confused by that myself

7 hours ago, DanaK said:

The husband cheated on the wife, got infected and proceeded to infect his wife. Privacy and ethics came into play at that point and Archer didn't want to touch it so he got Goodwin to do [his] the dirty work. As it turns out Goodwin became a hero to the patient.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Doesn't matter it's still gross. 

On 2/24/2022 at 8:51 AM, DanaK said:

Health care workers are legally obliged to report syphilis and other STDs to the local authorities.  It would seem appropriate that a hospital administrator would be the one responsible for the reporting. 

On 2/24/2022 at 10:10 AM, greyhorse said:

Charles and psychiatrist.  Was expecting her to drop him because she thought he was difficult.  Not because she was interested in him.  Have we ever seen this woman before?  Did we even know that Charles saw a psychiatrist?  To have her out of the blue say that she likes him seemed a little far-fetched.  

We've seen her at least once before--the actress was on SNL years ago.

I thought with the pregnant mom, part of their concern was they thought she might have had an affair, so wanted to be especially careful in telling the mom and not disclosing things to the dad. Turns out he was the cheater. 

This show still has its issues but much better this season. Please, writers, don't mess it up. 

• Love 3

Such a stupid storyline for Crockett. Having him spend time with Avery and then kissing her mother, his boss. Just stupid. It was a matter of time before that got blown up. Crockett seems like a smart dude, and he puts himself in that type of position. Ugh.

I actually thought Will and Stevie had great chemistry, but at least it's not going to go further than just being friends.

Edited by WinJet0819
  • Love 1