Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Glamazon Prime

• Start Topic

Day, Willow, Lady Camden And Angeria were all so much better than Joegeous. I call shenanigans. That win was to get her a redemption story after being in the bottom last week. They will probably keep her around as long as Silky, no matter how mediocre she does.

• Love 22

I mean, even though it started off great, it was bound to go off the rails eventually. I'm sure Kornbread leaving suddenly hurried that along. That said, I do think it was Maddy's time to go. A little more time to bake, and she'll be great, but not quite yet. 

• Love 7

The conspiracy theorist in me keeps whispering in my ear that Ru put Jasmine in the LSFYL rather than Deja because Ru was worried Deja would be more evenly matched with Maddy and might well very obviously lose.  I mean Deja’s look was awful, IMO, and while Jasmine’s look wasn’t great by any means, it sure was better than Deja’s.

Ru’s biases, as with most seasons, are pretty clear:  she barely gives the time of day to Maddy (I mean, again, Maddy had an amazing look last week, but Ru barely even acknowledged it), but Deja— who I actually like when she’s being funny— gets a continual pass on some really consistently bad looks on the runway.

I do feel irritated by this, because it was clear Maddy has some cool and interesting looks she was packing away at the end, like that mirror dress, but I guess we’re stuck instead with Deja’s repetitive constant bores on the runway.  Ru should at least have been honest and let Deja and Maddy battle it out for the LSFYL; it probably would have been closer and more suspenseful, too.

On that same note, I smell producer shenanigans too on Maddy’s sudden mean turn on Untucked.  That was completely out of character from everything else we’ve seen from Maddy; it felt phony— methinks someone was told to play up the drama.  Okay, enough with my inner conspiracy theorist, so beyond that I’ll just say:

Dear god in heaven, WTF does it take for Lady Camden to win on this show?!!

Edited by bobbyjoe
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16

So I guess Jorgeous is in the final 4? This level of rigga morris in the judging doesn't just happen.

Either the producers have anointed Jorgeous as a golden child, and/or they just thought it would be fun to torture Lady Camden by making her the next Jan. But if it's the latter, then they could have just given the win to Angeria, which would have been reasonable. Giving it to Jorgeous was a joke.

I actually liked what Deja wore. Personally, I would have ranked the contestants this way:

Top: Angeria, Camden, Willow

Safe: Bosco, Deja, Jorgeous, Jasmine

Bottom: Daya, Kerri, Maddy

Daya looked more like Crystal than ever, IMO - right after being told that she needs to find her own style.

Maddy needed to go. She was by far the worst in the challenge, and I think that all of the remaining contestants would have easily beaten her ini the lip sync. I like her personality, but she has no charisma or flair whatsoever.

I suspect there are much better cishet queens out there, but Maddy was chosen because the producers wanted someone who would definitely keep her head down and pose no threat of winning.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Love 3

I like Maddy and wish she hadn't gone home. 

That being said, her dress was so awkward to dance in. She should have made the skirt detachable so that she could have removed it for the lip sync, but I wonder if she feels uncomfortable with tight crotch outfits. (😆) She probably isn't very good at tucking. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

I'm liking Jasmine more and more every week. She and Bosco are my favorites.

• Love 1

I've enjoyed Lady Camden from the beginning and loved her tea party look last week.  I thought she nailed the challenge this week and was hoping for a win for her.  The win for Jorgeous seemed out of left field, though she did sell the look with her runway presentation.  Angeria continues to be a front runner, as well as Willow Pill.  

I'm glad Daya is open enough to share her feelings on Untucked, but I kept thinking I would be fine with being safe, after having been eliminated and then brought back.  I do understand her point about the effort she put into her runway look, though, since it was a design challenge.  I hope she takes Ru's advice and makes her own mark in this competition.

• Love 5

Sigh. I miss the Kornbread magic with Willow and Kerry. 

Lady Camden was robbed. Jorgeous's look was just ok, Lady Camden's had structure, she created the patterns on the garment and hair & makeup were on point. I liked Jasmine and Deja's looks until the camera zoomed in 

I still like Maddy and wish her well, she just needs a little more time to bake. 

• Love 6
On 2/13/2022 at 10:53 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm glad Daya is open enough to share her feelings on Untucked, but I kept thinking I would be fine with being safe, after having been eliminated and then brought back.  I do understand her point about the effort she put into her runway look, though, since it was a design challenge.  I hope she takes Ru's advice and makes her own mark in this competition.

I agree with Daya about everything except herself 😅. If you don't want to be compared to Crystal, then don't do your makeup exactly like her.

After telling us how dark and edgy she is, Daya wore an outfit that belonged on Punky Brewster.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Love 5

So far I find Jorgeous fine but completely uninteresting. She's not terrible at anything enough for me to want to snark her, but she's also not impressing me. I thought Angeria had this week in the bag. So puzzled.

Daya is either confusing or delusional. What she says she's trying to do and what she does do not match up. At all. I'm like, show don't tell, girl, but also, please stop telling cuz that's not what you think it is and it makes you look dumb.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I thought Angeria had this week in the bag. So puzzled.

They probably didn't want to give Angeria her third win already. There were other contenders though (Camden, Daya, Willow)

I would have put Jorgeous, Kerri and Deja as the bottom three (and I like Jorgeous otherwise).

they wanted Jasmine in the bottom for the lipsync and the Untucked drama mama. I'm sure the Jasmine vs. Jorgeous lipsync is inevitable.

Still think the final win is between Angeria and Willow.

Edited by Wonderlad71
  • Love 5

Followed by the loser unwrapping the gold chocolate bar.

Purely by coincidence, of course! ::rolls eyes::

Yeah, I think we're all waiting for that magic gold chocolate bar conveniently appearing for exactly the contestant the producers want to protect.

I’d have a lot more respect for the show if the gold bar appeared either earlier in the season or for a queen where it genuinely seemed random, but having watched this show for 14 seasons + All Stars, I’m 98.99% sure that won’t happen.

• Love 3