Type keyword(s) to search

Love Is Blind: International

• Start Topic

OK that Love Is Blind reunion show was wild! I'd recommend people watch it even if they never watched the show.  It really solidified some feelings I've had.

Lukas is a coward and a liar.  Emilia might have pushed things forward but it's pretty clear that he wasn't honest with her until she finally pressed the issue weeks after the wedding.

Sergio is an absolute liar and I feel so bad for Amanda. It was silly for them to pretend like the Barcelona baby was a vicious rumor ONLY because the baby he was having was with someone in Sweden.  I don't believe he didn't know.  And after learning about the baby, which she said probably wouldn't have killed the relationship but would have delayed a wedding, she decides to get pregnant too?  Oh no no no!

I'm not surprised Krisse-ly and Rasmus had some rough patches.  I still don't think they're going to make it. I think he's too rigid for Krisse-ly.  I just think about the expression on her face when he said that if she had said something Meira said about Oskar, he would have left. 

And Christofer looked like a serial killer at points on the couch.  He reinforced the idea that I don't think he's the "nice guy" claims to be, especially when he called Oskar pussy whipped?  I didn't feel bad for him at all that they were rubbing in Catja's happiness with her new boo. 

And Emilia, just stay away from Chris. 

Meanwhile, Meira and Oskar turn out to be the lowest drama couple who seem to really appreciate what the other brings to the table.  They both looked stunning.

I can't describe how much I enjoyed this! It was so refreshing to see people there who actually wanted to find a spouse rather than the US version where they just want to be on TV and put on the extensions and the fake eyelashes and become famous for a minute.

I hated Katja, she is a cold hearted bitch and she manipulated the hell of poor Christofer. Also, I can't believe she finds attractive her new bf but not Christofer. I mean, out of all the men there, and I'm including also the US versions, I've liked Christofer the most, both how he looks and how he behaves. Any woman would be lucky to have him, but I guess Katja is still dependant on the bad guy who makes her feel small and ugly. She was not ready for a Christofer in her life.

Emilia, sorry girl but you are not pretty. There is something going on with her face, her nose is too big, her eyes are small, I can't explain it, but she is not pretty. But her partner, I don't remember the name, should have stopped this relationship way sooner. That's on him.

I'd never expect Sergio and Amanda to still be together and to expect a baby! I mean, I would bet money that after the wedding she saw his real self and is still running away, but no, she is patient and has a secret way to keep him calm and good behaving. Good for them. Amanda is my favorite out of the women.

I also liked Oskar and the way he was so sure early on that he wanted Meira and he never doubted that. Also his dancing is incredible.

Regarding Rasmus and Krissy, I'm happy for them.

I really wish the US LIB producers could learn from how the Swedish people were so sensitive and discreet with various stuff, we never got anything humiliating, anything extra dramatic, I enjoyed every minute of it and I hope we get another one soon and from other countries as well.

• Like 1

That reunion was wild!  I was so frustrated that this site was closed for maintenance because I had so much that I needed to discuss after watching it.

On the Sergio/Amanda thing, my theory is that Sergio knew a woman he'd slept with was pregnant but wasn't 100% on whether it was his baby or not.  So either she'd contacted him and said that they'd have to get a paternity test after the baby was born (and just hadn't done so before the show started) or he knew via social media/mutual friends that she was pregnant and with the timing, realized that it could have been his.  That's why he wouldn't straight up deny he was expecting a baby with someone else when questioned about it but because there was a chance it wasn't his, he felt he didn't have to confirm it either.  In his mind, that doesn't count as lying.  I'm also guessing that at some point he mentioned the baby thing to one or more guys in the pods (they do give them a lot of alcohol) and once they were out of the pods, that guy told one or more of the women from the pods (because the pod people always seem to have get togethers once they're out in the real world) and that's how the rumor got started.  This is my guess anyway because I can't see how anyone would know about the baby unless Sergio told someone.  Unless production knew the entire time and set the rumor in motion?  I wouldn't rule that out.

With Lukas and Amelia, I don't judge Lukas as harshly as a lot of other people.  I think he was in a situation that he really didn't know how to handle and thought that maybe he could make it work when in reality, he should have just cut her loose once he realized there was no physical attraction.  I think he was in denial about how important physical attraction is in a relationship and probably felt that it would make him a bad person if he broke up with her because of her looks.  

With Katya and Christopher, I feel that she was really bothered by his style but didn't tell him that.  Maybe if she had, he wouldn't have felt so insecure and gone so overboard with the compliments.  That being said, I did get weird vibes from Christopher during the reunion, so maybe there's just something off about him.  The guy Katya did end up dating though?  That was just weird.  She said she usually prefers "sporty" guys and that guy was so far removed from that it was ridiculous.  Not the type of guy I would have seen her going for at all but whatever works for her, I guess.

Oskar and Meira both look like they've lost a lot of weight together.  Hope things work out for them and Krissy/Rasmus.  Would have liked some clarification on Rasmus wondering if Krissy was Asian.  Was he hoping she was Asian, hoping she wasn't Asian or just wondering about it aloud in a neutral way?  

• Like 1

I wish someone would have put a muzzle on Krisse-ly during the reunion.  I get the vibe she considers herself to be the alpha and all wise female of the group. Her chiming in on matters unrelated to herself and Rasmus was annoying.  

Good luck to Amanda who seems like a genuinely nice person. I still don't understand how she wound up with Sergio, let alone marrying and having his child. 

I wonder how much Lukas had an issue with Emilia physically or was it also her personality.  She was very high on self-esteem.  Great for her but that doesn't always make for a good match with others when it's OTT, often stated and perhaps not fully warranted. I mean in her mind she's a great catch, but some other people could have a different gauge of measurement for that.

Catja and Christopher...what is there to say. Just a really bad match. It was obvious that she immediately felt it when they met in person.  Did she remain as long as she did to see if it would work or because of the television and travel experience? Who knows.  

I was glad to see that Oskar and Meira seem happy.  

This franchise seemed more real than a lot of other reality shows.  It will be interesting to see how things go with any future seasons.  

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with Lukas deciding he doesn't want to keep going with Emilia, but since he seemed to have decided that before the wedding I wish he had dumped her earlier. I'm sure there's some producer encouragement to do it at the altar, but it's definitely one of the least appealing parts of the show for me.

• Like 1

I have watched the first 4 episodes of Love is Blind Brazil.  This season is S4 and they have all people that have had broken relationships.  Most of them are divorced or they had broken engagements.  

Patrick and that cap is driving me bonkers.  We know he is bald.  He isn't hiding anything.  But he even wears his cap at the pool and we can see he wears it at his wedding.  That would turn me off him.  

On 6/26/2024 at 2:04 AM, SummerDreams said:

Vanessa thinks that she has hit the jackpot but when she watches all the comments her guy has made, she will know she let a good man go.

I agree that he sounded like the worse of the two men while in the pods, but he's been pretty good now that they've met in the real world. They seem to be getting "the It Couple" edit. 

I think Alaria (?) is so beautiful, but she's too triggered. Glad Evandro (?) made a getaway.

Ingrid is 34 and she has a daughter who is 21. Ok.

I never understood the obsession to get married. I never had it. Vanessa is a strong, educated, beautiful woman and she cries because she wears a wedding dress.

It was good that all people were over 30 and they all had serious relationships, marriages and/or kids behond them. This gave them the obligation to be more careful with how they present themselves and the decisions they make. I hope the other versions copy this as well. No more 24 years old brats and douches!

I started watching Love is Blind Mexico last week.  Today I started watching Love is Blind UK.  They are both interesting so far.  

• Like 2
On 8/7/2024 at 9:15 AM, LakeGal said:

They are both interesting so far.  

I found Mexico kind of boring.  I hope it picks up now that they're out of the pods.

I really like the UK version because I think it showed more of the alternative connections people had.  In other versions, they might show one "love triangle" they decide to focus on and it isn't until later where we hear about some of the other connections people had before they settled on their final choice.  In this one, it feels like at least one person in all of the couples had someone else they took far and we were shown that. 

• Like 1

I'm enjoying the UK version. Love that the vast majority of them are older with many in their late 30s. Much more plausible that they're ready for marriage.

What is the deal with Sam? He's giving stalker vibes. 

• Like 3

In the Mexico version I had trouble keeping the couples straight.  I had the men mixed up. Several of the men looked alike to me.  I agree with the men that don't think the one guy with Silvio (is that her name?) is really interested in her.  He talked about dating skinny women and looks all the time.  Now he is with a curvy model and she towers over him.  I don't believe he will go through with marrying her. 

I do find the UK version more interesting.  But I do not like Sam.  I saw red flags everywhere.  

• Like 2

UK second set of episodes

Sabrina & Steven: Sabrina is from Belfast.  Steven likes to wear "budgie smugglers".  That is about all I have for them.

Maria & Tom: Maria is the one that got her lipstick all over Tom when they met.  Tom is a snob about her just being a makeup artist.  Tom seemed more excited about Natasha at the mixer than he has ever seemed about Maria.  I doubt he goes through with the wedding.  

Jasmine & Bobby: Bobby is the one with the ears that stick out.  Jasmine was way too involved in Ollie & Demi's relationship.  She was so rude to Ollie and it ended up hurting and not helping her BFF Demi.

Demi & Ollie: Ollie and Catherine had different stories about who broke up with who.  Demi and Ollie get along better when they are not around the group.  

Catherine & Freddie: Catherine is full of red flags.  I like Freddie and feel sorry for him stuck with her.  She was flirting and falling all over Sam of all people.  Then she came back and snapped at Freddie for having girls wanting him.  Freddie wasn't doing anything wrong.  Catherine however was the one flirting.  She snaps at him all the time and he has no idea what he has done wrong. I hope he says NO at the wedding.

Nicole & Benaiah: Nicole came to her senses and dumped Sam.  Benaiah is a much better choice.  I like this couple and think they have a good chance of making it.  

• Like 3

Just so the Mexico non-weddings.  What a mess Fransesca is.  I don't think Chema has any intent on staying for the long haul, Raul either.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Nicole & Benaiah: Nicole came to her senses and dumped Sam.  Benaiah is a much better choice.  I like this couple and think they have a good chance of making it.  

I can respect that Nicole and Sam didn't gel together for whatever reason, but what I didn't get was Benaiah's feelings about him based upon what we were shown.  The only thing off seemed to be when Sam expressed that some apprehension that Nicole might be on the larger side based upon one of her comments.  I know nobody is supposed to feel or say anything like that anymore but it size is a preference for some.  Benaiah makes Sam sound 100% terrible though and I don't recall any of the other guys making him seem that way.  

• Like 1

Mexico final eps and weddings

Fernanda & Gerardo: This couple did not have a chance of making it.  She refused to go with him to that other meet-up.  He wanted a wife to socialize with.  She loved her dog and wanted it indoors.  He wanted the dogs to sleep outdoors.  She also fights really mean.  She was really yelling and I felt so sorry for the dog.  They didn't make it to the wedding and it was the right choice.

Irais & Rene: I noticed he did take out his nose ring that she disliked.  She was always going to worry about his drinking.  She had a very large skirt on her wedding dress.  He said NO at the wedding.  She told him she would have said YES.  I think his sister only came to the wedding to be on TV.  She had the meanest smirk on her face when Rene said NO.  He wants to continue to date.  I doubt they work out.  We will have to see on the reunion episode.

Francesca & Willy: This is the couple that continued to say they were not compatible.  They didn't even spend time together at the party. Just like Fernanda  she was a loud fighter.  So much yelling.  I am not sure why they even went to the wedding.  They both wanted to say NO.  I did laugh that it looked like the guy marrying them was standing behind a bar. I felt like they just wandered up to a bar and asked the bartender to marry them.  

Silvia & Chemo:  What did I just watch?  I was very confused at their wedding.  Did they think they were being cool and swearing at everyone at the wedding?  I know Chemo never wanted to marry her.  Did he come up with this crazy idea so they didn't have to get legally married?  I did notice her mom wore black to her daughter's wedding.  Maybe she knew it would never work.  

Karen & Fernando: This is our only wedding that had the happy ending with 2  "I do's".  Fernando better accept that Karen smokes.  I do not think she has any intention of quitting.  She kept using the excuse that she was upset in order to smoke.  But she got upset over everything.  

The 18th is the reunion.  Who will still be together?

• Like 1
On 8/15/2024 at 1:27 PM, LakeGal said:

Sabrina & Steven: Sabrina is from Belfast.  Steven likes to wear "budgie smugglers".  That is about all I have for them.

Maria & Tom: Maria is the one that got her lipstick all over Tom when they met.  Tom is a snob about her just being a makeup artist.  Tom seemed more excited about Natasha at the mixer than he has ever seemed about Maria.  I doubt he goes through with the wedding.  

Jasmine & Bobby: Bobby is the one with the ears that stick out.  Jasmine was way too involved in Ollie & Demi's relationship.  She was so rude to Ollie and it ended up hurting and not helping her BFF Demi.

Demi & Ollie: Ollie and Catherine had different stories about who broke up with who.  Demi and Ollie get along better when they are not around the group.  

Catherine & Freddie: Catherine is full of red flags.  I like Freddie and feel sorry for him stuck with her.  She was flirting and falling all over Sam of all people.  Then she came back and snapped at Freddie for having girls wanting him.  Freddie wasn't doing anything wrong.  Catherine however was the one flirting.  She snaps at him all the time and he has no idea what he has done wrong. I hope he says NO at the wedding.

I'm with you on most of your takes.  I think Sabrina and Steven are the couple with the best chance of making it long term as long as they can work out the logistics.  I hope that Tom was a victim of creative editing for Maria's sake.  Bobby needed to divert Jasmine during that Oliie take down. She went way over the line. I like Demi so I hope that things work out between her and Ollie.  

Catherine and Freddie and Nicole and Benaiah...the two biggest red flag couples in my mind.  Freddie deserves better than what she has been showing.  I'm sure the reason he wants to make his sister his heir is because she would be the one left to care for his brother if Freddie is gone.  I have a feeling there is more detail to that pre-nup than we heard about in terms of who gets what and after which amount of time, etc.  Overall, the guy seems like a catch!  Her, not so much, particularly after how she behaved with Sam.   Benaiah on the other hand...I don't know.  That whole scene when Nicole met his sister and mother and hearing how he just about had a breakdown after not being chosen...that combined with how he acts like Sam is some kind of demon...something seems off.

I'm liking this season the same way I liked the Swedish one.  Just an overall better vibe and like the couples are actually there to hopefully meet someone and not just become reality entertainment personalities.

• Like 2

I really need to know what Sam actually said or did for Benaiah to act like this. The fact the other guys don't appear to have any issue with him gives me pause.

Tom's not getting married. 

I hope Freddie runs away. Catherine's most definitely not the one.

Rooting hard for Demi & Ollie and Sabrina & Steven. 

• Like 2

Agree about Tom, he's kind of just going along with everything.  I  don't see a lot of depth or interest on his side.   Also have to agree about Ben now that I think about it, he seems a bit too intense like he'd break up / break down when things get tough.  LIke what if Nicole just has a bad day and says the wrong thing?  Freddy just always looks so tense and unhappy, just cut your losses dude.  I don't know why Catherine has this air of superiority, its not like she's super cultured or educated compared to him.

Surprising how much I like Ollie and Demi after the Jasmine nonsense in the previews.

• Like 1

I find it so strange that they're showing both of these at the same time.  Couldn't they do them back-to-back?  I'm always behind but at least Mexico will wrap on Sunday.  I will be interested to see if any of them are still together.

Mexico was hard for me to watch because I didn't really feel like much happened over most of the season until Episode 9.  I also think I had a hard time distinguishing the couples.  I could probably only pick out Irais & Rene and Silvia & Chema because there was something unique about them--for better or for worse.  Otherwise, too many beards.  Too many names starting with F.  Part of this is my fault because I didn't pay close enough attention. 

In the Brazilian version, almost all of the couples say yes and end up splitting later.  In this version, most said no so I think it'd be funny if the three couples who claimed they wanted to keep dating (or were married) were still together. (Unlikely.)

On 8/15/2024 at 7:06 PM, ichbin said:

I can respect that Nicole and Sam didn't gel together for whatever reason, but what I didn't get was Benaiah's feelings about him based upon what we were shown.

I don't recall Sam hanging out with any of the other guys so I don't know how they feel about him.  I do think it was weird that he felt he had to tell Ben she tried to have sex with him and he rejected her. 

I don't even mind Ben's hatred of Sam even though the reasons for it might have been hidden from us.  I do mind his need for Nicole to have the same feelings about Sam that he does.  I understand not wanting her to be hung up on him but can he not understand that she doesn't want to think that her whole experience was all lies even if it was? 

Hopefully, his conversation with his sister and mother gets him to move on. 

If Ben was truly that upset after leaving the pods, then I think he says yes.  I'm less certain about Nicole but I think these two marry.

Maria & Tom are going to be a 'no.'  Sadly, I think Maria will say yes and Tom no.  He has never gotten over what she does for a living.  The irony is if she's a good makeup artist, she could probably parlay her appearances on this show into an influencer career and make more money than he does. 

Sabrina and Steven:  I feel like I like these two but no nothing about them.  The lack of drama probably means "I do" at the altar. 

Jasmine & Bobby:  They'll probably say no but try to keep dating. 

Ollie & Demi:  I would have put them in the 'no way' category after Greece but they seem to be doing much better in London. I lean towards a yes or a keep dating ending.

Freddie and Cat:  This should be 'no' but Freddie just seems so defeated and wanting to do the right thing that if she says yes, I could see him saying yes even though it should absolutely be a no. 

Speaking of the UK version, is anyone else absolutely flabbergasted by the apartments they got for the couples?  They look huge! 

• Like 2

I just watched the Mexico reunion.  It was kind of boring.  Nothing new.  The married couple is still together.  The others have all split up.  No surprise.  We just got to see a few more people competing for their screen time.  That blonde woman just kept flipping and grabbing her hair.  

The next edition looks to be Germany.  

• Like 1

Love is Blind: UK finale/weddings

3/6 got married

2 of those that said NO want to keep dating

I really liked the location.  It was very nice compared to some of the ones we have seen on other seasons.

I knew Sabrina & Steven would get married.  No surprise there.

Jasmine & Bobby got married.  Her mother looked like she was dressed for her own wedding. 

Nicole & Benaiah got married.  I expected them to get married too.

Maria & Tom did not get married.  I never expected Tom to say YES.  I think Maria was the only one that didn't see it coming.  

Demi & Ollie did not get married.  Ollie seemed shocked that Demi said NO.  Demi said she loves him and wants to keep dating.  I did like her mom wearing the fascinator.  

Catherine & Freddie did not get married.  I was with Freddie's sister.  I did not want Freddie to marry Catherine. He wants to keep dating but I don't know if she will go for that. 

I guess we find out how it all turns out at the reunion.   

• Like 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Demi & Ollie did not get married.  Ollie seemed shocked that Demi said NO.  Demi said she loves him and wants to keep dating.  I did like her mom wearing the fascinator.  

I got the feeling they had both already discussed what was going to happen.  Ollie's reaction seemed rehearsed to me and Demi was way too calm.I thought it seemed like even the parents knew.  It will be interesting to see where they are now when the reunion drops.  I liked them both.

Sabrina and Steven seem like a good match and in tune with one another.  No drama.  No surprise they went through with it. 

I was never really invested in Jasmine and Bobby but I hope they'll be happy together.

I expected Tom to back out at the wedding.  It seemed like he and Maria got along well enough and enjoyed each other's company, but I have to be honest and say that whole "man pays for all" thing would give me pause also in this day and age.  If she got that bent out of shape over paying for an ice cream it doesn't bode well when it comes to bigger and more important things in life.  I got the feeling she would be playing the culture card depending up which aspects of it suit her.  Wonder if he'll have been in contact with Natasha between the wedding and the reunion.  

I was a little surprised that Nicole went through with the wedding.  This is another couple I'll be interested in seeing updated at the reunion.  I was a little distracted watching the episode...was there a reason Benaiah's mother and sister weren't at the wedding (unless they were there and I didn't see them).

Not unhappy with Freddie saying no. If Catherine is legitimately hung up on the fact she was adopted as an infant (by a couple who seem to love and care about her) I hope she gets some help with dealing with that.  I got the feeling that she throws that out there like a wild card.  She was annoying me when her father was talking to her before the ceremony because it was like she couldn't be bothered listening to him, then she dismissed him afterward.  

Edited to add...I was looking up filming locations to find out about the wedding venue and discovered the pods were actually in Sweden.

Edited by ichbin
  • Like 2
On 8/21/2024 at 9:43 PM, ichbin said:

I was a little surprised that Nicole went through with the wedding.  This is another couple I'll be interested in seeing updated at the reunion.  I was a little distracted watching the episode...was there a reason Benaiah's mother and sister weren't at the wedding (unless they were there and I didn't see them).

They were with an ill relative. I believe it was his grandmother. But, it was much more important than this.

• Useful 1

So I finally found some time to watch the UK version.

I liked this overall.  This felt like the Season 1 of a show, where everybody seemed authentic and nobody was there to try to game the system or just get (Reality TV) famous.

Sabrina and Steven were like the UK's version of Tiffany and Brett.  They were both attractive and low drama.  Not boring though, like poor Amy and Johnny (who I had to look up their names because I completely forgot everything about them except they were the only S6 people who got married).

Nicole and Benaiah were a good "storyline."  It is interesting to see this has happened again so soon after Bliss/Zach.  I was nervous because I was rooting for them.  I was sure her willies about getting married again would derail them getting married.  But  was glad to be proven wrong. 

Demi and Ollie just seemed of full of angst and drama all the time.  I am not surprised they did not get married.  I agree with @ichbin that they planned it.  OIlie is not a great actor, LOL.  And they both seemed very ok with it.

Tom and Maria were also interesting.  I was not rooting for them though.  They seemed mismatched.  And on a personal note, the whole 'my man must take care of me, must pay for everything' gives me the squicks.  I am with Tom on that, even though I never could bring myself to like him, like him.  I felt vindicated in my dislike when he said 'no' then then just noped out.  He said his piece and just ... left.  Everyone else who said no addressed the guests, gave a hug, tries to ease the situation.  Not Tom, he just left her there to deal. And this right after her mother told him to call her 'Mom.'  Dude.

Jasmine and Bobby.  Man they were so boring.  LOL.  Her mother was the most interesting thing about them.  Happy for the though.  And she looked gorgeous.  His cousin had my husband cracking up.  Every time the camera shot to him in the wedding, my husband said you couldn't tell if he was crying or just stoned.  LOL.

Catherine and Fredd-ay.  Another couple that felt mismatched.  I was sure she was gonna be the one to say no.  But I was happy they did not get married.  Freddy's sister is so pretty, giving major young Anna-Nicole Smith vibes.  When he went to speak to Catherine's parents he was so good and sympathetic with them. My husband said this was his wheelhouse.  Comforting grieving people.

Looking forward to the reunion to see if the married couples are still together (hoping they are!)

• Like 2
(edited)

UK Reunion:

Demi & Ollie are still apart.  Demi moved back in with her parents. Demi & Catherine had a bit of a spat about the Ollie situation.  Of course Jasmine had to jump in.  Jasmine really does love to get involved in Demi's life.  I did laugh at Ollie gulping his drink every time he was uncomfortable.  I didn't even remember that Ollie and Sharlotte had anything going on.  

Sabrina & Steven have broken up.  This one surprised me.  Sabrina blamed Steven for it.  She thought he didn't make his life comfortable for her in London.  While she did a lot for him in Belfast.  Sounds like business and money drove them apart.  Steven said it was easy when they were living the fantasy on the show. But he had money problems and didn't even make the trip to Belfast to spend Christmas with Sabrina and her family.  They were living apart most of the time.  I just thought OUCH when listening to them. 

Jasmine & Bobby are still together.  They have a new place together.  Jasmine's mom now approves of Bobby. They are trying to have a baby.  

Maria & Tom are still apart.  No surprise there.  Maria was hurt by what she heard Tom say about her family and values on the show.  Tom and Tash have not gotten together.  

Benaiah & Nicole are still happily married.  They have been doing a lot of travelling together.  They brought out Sam.  He says he has been getting hate on social media.  He was going for the pity I think.  Demi spoke up and just told Sam to apologize to Nicole for what he said about her.  

Freddie & Catherine are still apart.  But they seem to have become friends.  Catherine says she has learned a lot about herself from the show.  Freddie's sister Betsy Dora was there in the audience.  

Out of 6 couples we have 2 still together a year later.  

Edited by LakeGal
  • Like 2

Surprised by the Steven/Sabrina split. She seemed incredibly angry, while he appeared shocked by all the allegations/blame thrown his way.  

The rest was pretty much expected. Glad it was renewed for another season. I hope they'll once again have an older, diverse cast. Sick to death of all the under 30s on marriage shows in the US, especially when the average marriage age is increasing.

• Like 2

I have to give it to them, that was a great reunion show.  No unnecessary dramatics.  Even the Sam segment wasn't overly Tabloid-sensational.  I have no idea who the hosts are, but they kept it moving and asked some good follow ups.

I am absolutely shocked by Steven and Sabrina.  Not just that they are broken up because they really gave me a Brett and Tiffany vibe, just low key and in love, but how absolutely bitter they seem toward each other.  I am on her side, she came with specific examples and receipts, he just called her a liar.

Aww... Jasmine and Booby!  I didn't have any strong feelings about them one way or the other but I am glad they are super in love.

Ollie and Demi.  I was sure they would at least date after, but no contact at all.  And he's with Sharlotte now.  Huh.  Bu dang, could the guy answer a question definitively?  He hemmed and hawed and never gave a direct answer to anything.  

Demi looked fabulous and I was soooo happy when she very frustratedly burst out and told Sam to apologize to Nicole.

I give Sam credit, he was a villain but he was a contrite one.  Not like some of the ones we've gotten on the US version who double down.  But do I think it is really nasty business that he outright lied on Nicole about the sex thing.  Yeah he admitted it was a lie, but he said that shit on international tv. Terrible.

Super happy about Nicole and Benaiah.  Their unseen footage was so lovely.  The show did them a solid there.  Also I loved their one year of marriage video, it was so witty and looked liked they've had a good first year.

Tom and Maria.  No surprises there. I am gobsmacked that he came off better and than Steven did during this reunion. She looked gorgeous.

Fredd-ay and Catherine.  No surprise there either. 

Very good season!

This was my first time watching an international version of the show, and overall I liked it better!

I liked better that we got four episodes while still in the pods, which really helps us know the personalities better and understand their relationships. Plus we actually got to see who were people's runners-up, and how the break-ups occurred. 

I liked that when Steven and Sabrina were getting acrimonious during the reunion, the host woman actually just cut it off, rather than egging it on or inciting it further as Vanessa would have done.

I absolutely LOVED the footage of Nicole and Benaiah after their first "date"! 

Catherine seemed like a totally different person temperament-wise on the reunion. She was far more chill, seemed to accept responsibility, and didn't seem to need to assign blame. But I don't like all her plastic surgery. I was surprised that it seems like she and Freddie have a genuine friendship.

Ollie and Sharlotte was quite a reveal at the reunion.

Bobb-ay must be a freaking saint to have put up with that overbearing mother. Seeing how overly involved the mother was in Jasmine's life certainly helps explain why Jasmine was so overly involved with Demi and Ollie's relationship. I'm surprised that we didn't see Jasmine or someone else hypothesize that the mother finding all those faults and concerns with Bobb-ay, may have been deliberate sabotage attempts so she didn't lose her "best friend" to someone else.

Sam doesn't seem to have matured or grown one tiny bit, but I do think Tom genuinely did.

• Like 1

Just finished Love Is Blind Mexico. 

Man, hate to say, I did not like any of them except maybe Rene.  

Everybody looked alike.  The men all had the same hairline, beard and body type.  Again only Rene and Chema looked different.  And Chema kinda reminded me of Tan France from Queer Eye. 

The women, ditto. I was so happy Netflix always put the names on the screen.  I think Silvia was the most distinctive, her face had a lot of personality and she was taller than everyone else.

And it didn't help they referred to both the male Fernando and the female Fernanda as 'Fer'.  LOL

But geez, Fernanda and Francesca were mean. Karen was passive aggressive with Irais, even though I never really bought Irais' second thoughts about Rene because at the reveal she really seemed like she was NOT attracted to him.  And, tbh, it was giving some colorism vibes. 

And how the heck could Saul not know that Leti basically recoiled from him?

I was not rooting for any of them. 

Congrats to Karen and Fernando, I guess.  Wonder if he accommodates her desire for threesomes?