Type keyword(s) to search

Love Is Blind: International

• Start Topic

I've watched both international versions.

Brazil was just a bastion of chauvinism against these relatively modern women.  It got worse for most outside of the pods.  I was shocked when one of the most toxic duos got married.  I'm not surprised it ended quickly and that she's engaged/having a baby with the guy she didn't pick.

Japan is interesting because there were 8 proposals and they seem to be following all 8 unlike the US version where each season there were 2 additional engagements that weren't shown.  And the Japanese version is so restrained in terms of affection.  Most of the couples only hugged when they met.  And so far, there has been zero hint of sex on vacation. 

The Brazil version basically had all of them banging that first night while the US version has couples be open and play it coy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I have finished watching the Brazil season.  It was interesting.  Definitely the men were very macho/sexist.  Maybe it is the culture there.  But it was very noticeable.  I also noticed the women seem to like those flared jean shorts.  Ugh.  It was not a fashion I think flattered any of them.  

I noticed at the weddings that most of the men were wearing what looked like half dead flowers.  They were large and I laughed.  I really did wonder about the flowers at the weddings.  The women often had dead parts falling off the flowers they carried, especially when they threw them to the women after the weddings. 

I notice the custom in Brazil is to put the engagement ring on the right hand.  Then they move it to the left hand when they get married. 

Rodrigo & Day - Did he ever stop smiling?  I really think he blew it when he complained to the other guys about Day.  It got back to her and then he lied about it before admitting it.  She was definitely hurt.  She had worked so hard to be neat and organized for him.  But he did not seem to change at all for her.  I was not surprised at all about the result at the wedding.

Thiago & Nanda - I never thought this couple should have been together.  She played both guys and told them the same during the pods.  I don't think she was ready to marry either of them if she could not make up her mind.  He was sexist.  She had her smoking habit that really bugged him.  Did they not talk about smoking when they were in the pods?  It was such a big deal breaker for him.  I would think he would have asked her.  Or did she lie and say she didn't smoke?  Her dog bit him.  Not a good start.  I really wanted them to both say NO at the wedding.  I thought it was very interesting when she ran into Mack at the Bachelor party.  She immediately went to Thiago and kissed him in front of Mack.  It was like she was trying to prove a point to one or both of the guys.  I have since read what happened afterwards.  I am not surprised they didn't work.  But I am surprised it worked for her with Mack.  

Hudson & Carol - I always felt like she was a woman and he was a kid.  I couldn't shake the feeling that he was immature for her.  I did love how the families all got along.  I thought they would probably both say yes at the wedding.  Sad to hear they didn't work out.

Shay & Ana - Oh boy this was the dramatic couple.  I hated Shay.  I just saw red flags all over with him.  I was ready to jump in the TV to keep her from marrying him.  I noticed this was the only couple that they let the man answer first at the wedding.  I guess they wanted him to act smug while he discarded her.  But then she had her answer ready and she didn't want him either.  They were practically yelling at each other at the front of the church.  I was worried the double doors would close on her train before she got through them when she left the church.

Luana & Lissio - This was our couple with less drama.  She had her moment when she was not happy that he still saw his ex to visit his dog.  But other than them talking about her insecurity they did well together.  I was happy to hear they are still together.   

• Love 1
On 2/16/2022 at 9:55 AM, LakeGal said:

She played both guys and told them the same during the pods.  I don't think she was ready to marry either of them if she could not make up her mind. 

I don't think she played them.  Thiago was the kind of guy she usually goes for.  I think Mac was the kind of guy she hoped she'd go for because the Thiagos haven't worked out in the past. 

And that's why I'm not surprised it worked out with Mac.  Although it sounds like Thiago was the one to call it off so many she just wants to be marriage.  Period.

1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

So, there were 13 guys and 11 women and they ended up with 8 couples. I feel bad for the 5 guys and 3 women that didn't find anyone they liked. 

I'm so glad they're showing all the couples.  I do like that they spent so much time in the pods.  Normally, I get kind of bored with the pods they don't show the deep conversations but Japan does it right. And then it's crazy how things change outside of the pods.  Every couple is different and fascinating.

• Love 1

I'm still on the pod episodes. Are these couples going to melt down like the American ones do? I hope not, because they all seem really sincere about love and marriage. Usually at least half of the American cast just wants to be on tv.

Right now I'm fascinated by the huge, heavy earrings some of the Japanese women are wearing. How do they not have earlobes that stretch to their shoulders?

Does anyone else think Wataru looks like a Japanese "Pete Campbell" from Mad Men?

I'm on episode 8 now, and the men all still seem committed but the women are bailing out right and left for "I'm just not into him" reasons. What a shame...

Midori just said that the pods were like falling in love with a character in a video game. Yeah, that's a pretty accurate description of this process.

This version of the show seems to be sponsored by a glassware manufacturer too.

Edited by NeenerNeener
7 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I'm on episode 8 now, and the men all still seem committed but the women are bailing out right and left for "I'm just not into him" reasons. What a shame...

I don't know about that. 

Odacchi (the comedian) completely shut down during the honeymoon.  I don't blame the fiancee for walking away.  Yudai (the 23 year old) was suddenly like "this is not for me" which--no duh.  He's so young. 

Maybe Mizuki and Mori are committed but Mizuki lied about what he did to Priya and is setting off red flags for her financially.  Kaoru shared a sad story about her father/past and her fiance is like "oh well, get over it."  Mori said he didn't mind a woman who worked but the more they talked, the more they probably realized they weren't compatible.  I think the reasons for the breakups are significant and not just "I'm just not into it."

Midori is struggling with that.  And maybe Ayano too but we don't see enough of her.  Ryotaro and Motomi look like they'll go the distance.

• Like 1

Ryo and Mitomi, and Midori and Wataru actually made it to the altar. 

I wasn't surprised to see Ayano say she wasn't going to go through with it, but Shantanu thought better of the whole thing too.

The Japanese couples that broke up seemed to do it before going all the way to standing in front of the clergy. This version seems less mean than the American version.

• Love 1
On 2/22/2022 at 9:47 AM, NeenerNeener said:

I wasn't surprised to see Ayano say she wasn't going to go through with it, but Shantanu thought better of the whole thing too.

The Japanese couples that broke up seemed to do it before going all the way to standing in front of the clergy. This version seems less mean than the American version.

I don't know if Ayano would have had the strength to say no.  She seemed very avoidant.  After seeing his house, I know I wouldn't be able to say no.  That place was gorgeous. 

As for this show being nicer.  They did seem to trade in more real-based reasons for breaking up instead of major drama.  There was a post recently on reddit from someone who worked on the show and they claimed that Japanese shows were expected to be more positive in general than some of the foreign counterparts.  Considering none of the altar couples said no, I'm guessing they wouldn't be forced to go through with the weddings if either were going to say "no."

• Love 3

I finished watching the Japan season.  I really enjoyed it.  It was quite different than both the American and Brazil versions.  Everyone is much more polite.  I loved how so many of the couples bowed on the bridge when they met before they hugged or whatever.  In fact I loved the bridge over the water that they used.  

They did spend more time in the pods.  In fact they showed more of the men and women talking back in the male & female dorms.  I liked that.  I also was glad they showed the journey of all 8 couples that got engaged.  They did a lot more of passing gifts and letters back and forth between the pods.  I also found it interesting that some of them mentioned it was easier to talk about their feelings in English.  

Yudai & Nana - I never had much hope for this couple.  He was just too young.  I am not even sure why he wanted to go with this experiment.  It was not surprising when they broke up shortly after meeting.  

Odacchi & Nanako - What happened to Odacchi?  He was one way in the pods and with the guys.  But he completely closed off when he was with Nanako.  He was the life of the party with the group.  But he became detached and quiet when with Nanako.  He hid in his computer.  I don't blame Nanako for ending it.  She was carrying all the conversations.  

Mori & Minami - This couple seemed fine on the vacation.  They looked sweet curled up and reading.  But it appeared that once she complained about his hair in the tub he switched.  I don't know if she hurt his pride with that remark or what.  But it was like he looked for things to complain about with her after that.  The quirks he found cute started to annoy him.  I am not sure how she was suppose to understand what about her annoyed him. He did not explain it well when talking to her.  He sure did have a lot of clothes.

Mizuki & Priya - They had completely different goals.  He was more of a dreamer and she was practical.  He was giving her one idea of his restaurant business.  She thought he owned the place.  Then she found out he was working for his partner.  That pretty much sent her over the edge.  I really did not like his hair at the end.  Did Ryotaro get him with the bleach?

Misaki & Kaoru - It felt like he grabbed on to her in the pods when he found out she had been to Kenya.  He was using geography to pick his wife rather than personality.  He was also a bit more of a dreamer.  He did not have an answer to where they would live when they had kids.  He just kept thinking they would work it out when it happened.  She was more practical and wanted to know the future plans. He also completely brushed off her sad life story.  

Shuntaro & Ayano - I think what Ayano said when they were still in the pods showed that she wanted to be taken care of.  She talked about  how Shuntaro would be the provider that could take care of her.  She also liked other men.  But she pretty much picked the sugar daddy.  What did she do?  I don't remember.  But when they did the catch up with her at the end all she talked about was discovering a walking group.  The others talked more about their careers.  I thought it was telling and sad when Shutaro talked to Waturu at their dinner party.  He said that Ayano didn't want to be alone with him and was avoiding him.  She took off to her home when they got their apartment.  She was the only one that slept in a separate room.  She loved to be out in public with him and have him wine and dine her.  But she seemed to disappear when they were alone at home.  I do not believe she would have said NO at the ceremony.  I think she wanted that lifestyle he could provide.  I think he realized she didn't love him and ended it for her.  

Ryotaro & Motomi - I enjoyed this couple.  He really did beam around her.  And he actually dyed his hair for her.  He even won over the father.  I was a bit upset with Motomi's dad for wearing his hat in the restaurant.  Of course he also wore it at the wedding.  He was hiding his bald spot.  Ryotaro & Motomi were both nodding while being asked their decision.  It was not hard to guess how they would answer.  I see he dyed his hair back and now has her hair blond too.  

Wataru & Midori - I enjoyed this couple too.  I did find it cute that her mother wanted her to marry him.  I also loved her dog.  Wataru lost weight for her.  He knew she was not as thrilled with his looks.  So he was trying.  I noticed they did a lot of laughing and touching.  I think she liked him more than she even realized.     

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Watching the Brazil version I've decided tattoos are unattractive.  I don't know that I've ever thought about them much until seeing these folks.  Yes sexist society and yet the majority of the women are overly overtly sexualized on this show, confusing!  I'm up to episode 8 and the 26 year old male is talking about how he's not sure he's ready for marriage and acts like he's confused on how he got to this predicament, so weird and why is a 26 year old of either sex on a show like this?  I also don't get why a mother of a young child would be on a show like this either, no child is going to adapt to a new person in the home in a few weeks nor in the barely there amount of time the child was shown to be interacting with mom and new dad to be.  I don't get the smoking is a deal breaker dude and the woman saying she would quit when she was ready not because he was not going to have it around him.  This break up and smoke it up, that's on couple that isn't going to make it and instant demands and threats of out the door I will go .... I can't say I like or dislike any of them as I feel like I'm watching a made up poorly acted skit.  That maybe due to poor dubbing or the fact everyone seems to say the same things beautiful, my daughter, my son, beautiful. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, pH-factor said:

Watching the Brazil version...[snip] I can't say I like or dislike any of them as I feel like I'm watching a made up poorly acted skit.  That maybe due to poor dubbing or the fact everyone seems to say the same things beautiful, my daughter, my son, beautiful. 

I gave up halfway through the second episode because the dubbing was so, SO bad...the voice over "actors" all sounded like they had had lobotomies, just no emotion in their voices whatsoever.  

14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

For dubbing--you can always adjust your Netflix settings to do English subtitles with original audio.  You may already know that but I post it because there are many people who don't.

Oooh, good to know.I gave up on the Brazil  in the middle of the first episode because of the dubbiing just like @Lovecat.  Couldn't take it, no inflection whatsoever.  Siri has more emotion.  LOL.

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

For dubbing--you can always adjust your Netflix settings to do English subtitles with original audio.  You may already know that but I post it because there are many people who don't.

Ah, but that would mean I'd have to actually WATCH instead of having it play while I'm doing other things!  My brain cells are far too valuable to waste them like that :)

If you haven't completely soured on LIB after the US 3rd season, LIB Brazil just released its first four episodes on Netflix.  Since I do not want to read subtitles for a stupid dating show whenever possible, I threw on the dubbing (which I rarely do).  The good news is that I think the dubbing is better this season than last. 

I do not think I have ever felt as much anxiety as I felt for the reveal at the end of the second episode. 

The next batch of episodes is where things usually really go crazy.  It was where the misogyny really started to stand out in the first season and I suspect it'll really stand out in this season as well. 

• Like 2

I watched the first 4 eps of LIB Brazil yesterday.  We got a first with that one engagement meeting.  I was worried about it.  

The five couples seem happy for now.  But we know it will not last for most of them.

• Like 1

We just watched the first episode of LI Brazil (S2).  My husband has a huge crush on Thamara. LOL

Also I was so offended on Samantha's behalf for being used a messenger for William.  But I LOVED her in the end and how she handled it.  She was great and a lot of fun in that segment.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I am waiting for the reunion.  I want to know if the 2 couples that got married are still together.  

There has been some tea spilled on Reddit which I'll spoil here.  It may or may not be accurate but apparently it's taken from various Brazilian social media accounts.

Spoiler

Robert and Flavia are separated.  Apparently, he got on some dating apps.

Alison and Thamara are still together.

And  I'll leave this next part out of spoilers since it involves people who left and I don't know if they'll be at the reunion. Paulo, who dumped his fiancee once he saw her, is currently engaged to Bruna, the woman who wanted him to leave.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1

I am looking forward to the reunion.

I want to hear what Will has to say for himself.  His mother was a piece of work.  But I guess he was just immature in the end.  He really fooled me.  Veronica was classy but also I am glad she called him out in her talking head.

I did not watch the first LIB Brazil (because I think the only option we had was dubbed and the voice overs didn't have a lot of emotional inflection) so I can't compare this season to last.  But I was surprised how involved the hosts were during the weddings.  They came in and gave advice and were part of the wedding party/ceremony almost as if they were family.  It was weird to me. 

I will say I liked how different the weddings all were.  The color schemes and the venues were lovely.  I liked Will/Veronica's sunflower yellow, but thought his suit looked like  tan sadness.  Robert's blue suit -- the details of it as the camera honed in -- was gorgeous.  So many nicely tailored bits.  Alisson's brugundy suit was also really nice.  And I am SOOO glad Thamara got rid of that stupid looking zipper in her dress.  It was the one thing I hated about her dress.

I was surprised that Robert and Flavia got married.  Very happy that Alisson and Thamara got married.  Her dad was a hoot!  I really liked him.  He was a great palate cleanser from Will's mother..

The Love is Blind Brazil reunion episode came out today and I really enjoyed the format.

For one thing, I love that the hosts held Will's feet to the fire.  

Also, Will saying Veronica is a bald, dark skinned black woman.  Uh... what?  So what did that have to do with anything?  The colorism jumped out. Again.

Also, crazy, but they had Thamara's dad, Flavia's mom and Will's mom there.  And I already loved Thamara's dad, but he read Will's mom for filth.  It was glorious!  So I loved him more.  Also Flavia's mom also kinda shaded her.

And then they had a final 'closure' scene where the couples who were not together simply got to talk one on one, just the two of them.  I liked that.  Also Veronica was basically 'Welp, I got nothing to say. Have a nice life." and she left.  LOL.

• Like 3

Alison won the father-in-law lottery.  I just love Thamara's father.  He really put the others in their place.  He was getting in digs to Will's mother and even to the idiot that wanted his women to go hiking with him.  His wife does not play soccer with him.

Will's mother is going to be the problem to anyone Will marries in the future.  He is such a mama's boy.  Veronica is lucky Will did say no or she would be stuck with that devil woman in her life.

I loved the way they all supported each other.  Both the men and women were there for each other on the couch.   I feel Robert & Flavia  do still have some strong feelings for each other.

Vanessa is still so bitter.  I had to agree with Tiago that she does like to have attention.  She needs to move on.  

I did like the way they did the reunion.  

• Like 1

I have been watching season 3 of the Brazil version.  They have some characters this season.  I do not like Valmir.  But I also do not like Daniel.  I just get an uncomfortable vibe from him.  I feel sorry for Dani.  Agata is too jealous and has a lot of issues that just might drive Renan away.  

• Like 5
20 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I have been watching season 3 of the Brazil version.  They have some characters this season.  I do not like Valmir.  But I also do not like Daniel.  I just get an uncomfortable vibe from him.  I feel sorry for Dani.  Agata is too jealous and has a lot of issues that just might drive Renan away.  

I agree, I don't like Valmir, and think he's just there to be on tv. 

I didn't like Daniel the second he turned on the other woman he was dating (her name escapes me) for talking about sex . He brought it up, and was actively engaged in the conversation! And now he's all bothered that his current fiancé doesn't want to bang in front of the cameras.  

I agree about Agata. Her jealously is definitely going to come into play big time when they're in the "real world". 

I love the friendships between the women. The men are a bit off-putting with their constant howling lol. 

• Like 3

It is easier for me to articulate why I don't like Daniel.  His bringing up sex, then shaming a woman for engaging in the talk, choosing a woman who is more reserved and getting irritated that she is more reserved is so red flaggy. 

I also don't like Valmir but he's less easy to pinpoint other than the fact that he seems extraordinarily pushy.  It felt like he was trying to get close to Agata when he found out she didn't like him.  Just back off!

• Like 4
On 6/10/2023 at 2:02 PM, Irlandesa said:

I also don't like Valmir but he's less easy to pinpoint other than the fact that he seems extraordinarily pushy.  

I'll make it simple -- he's a bully.  He's always grabbing other guys shirts, and tried to intimidate Menandro, but Menandro wasn't having it,  From people who claim to know him on the LIB Reddit, he's a right-wing jerk who's nothing like what he shows here (other than the bullying).

I'm glad that Bianca and Jarbas were able to talk out their problem, and each saw the others point of view,  Jarbas should have not drunk so much, but she eventually didn't fault him for wanting to celebrate with his friends.

I had good vibes from all the couples (even Dani and Dani) except for Valmir until the last two episodes. Agata and Maria are going to push away Renan and Menandro if they don't back off a bit.  I understand where both are coming from, but enough already.

One thing that surprised me was that all the couples expected to have sex th first night of the :homeymoon" -- even Dani if the cameras weren't there.  I'd always thought of Brazil as being more conservative,

• Like 2
(edited)

I like that the editing immediately shows what people actually said when María invents her alternate reality. I cannot figure her out because she seemed so together and normal in the pods. Maybe her abusive ex made her doubt reality so much that she is always on the attack and expects to hear something negative so she doesn’t hear what people are actually saying. I don’t think she even knows that she is lying about what happens. Mena needs to run! He talks about his excitement for a food chopper because he literally cut himself and she gave it away for glasses for drinking. That is not love. The only thing María loves is drama.

Ágata keeps picking at Renan’s past when it is clear he has severe trauma from it. If I were him, I wouldn’t open up to her. Like when his friends said how submissive he was, and she was shocked and seemed turned off by it.  She thinks his mysterious past is about things she would be jealous about with his exes, like the note on his whiteboard or the music video. Imagine if the situation were reversed and a man kept pushing and pushing for things his partner to disclose things she can’t even deal with in therapy. 

Everything Valmir says is so fake. Even him talking about his grandmother’s death felt like he practiced it in front of the mirror over and over. And wtf was with him grabbing his grandmother’s bum when they hugged. 😬

Bianca’s relationship with her son is strange. Klaus immediately reached out as though he thought Jarbas was going to hold him. That is a kid used to being handed off to strangers. I do not like people on these shows who choose to get engaged to a person who has never even met their kids.

Edited by oldCJ
  • Like 1

I have now watched the weddings and finale of the season.  Do not read if you do not want to be spoiled.

This has to be a record.  All 5 couples got married.  Nobody said "No".  There were a few fake outs, but in the end they all got married.

I actually wished a few of them had said "No".  I will have to search and see if they are all still together.  It does not look like they have a reunion.

Maria & Menandro's wedding:

She looked pretty.  He had his green suit.  He only had a black Tshirt. But her dad was wearing an open shirt with no tie. So they were not that dressed up.  Part of me wished he had said No to her.  But maybe they will make it work'

Bianca & Jarbas' wedding:

Her tats really ruined the wedding dress look for me.  But I guess Jarbas loved it so that is what was important to them.  He did the fake out where she thought he was saying No.  I would not have been happy with him if I was her.  

Karen & Valmir:

Karen's dress suited her.  I did love their nighttime venue outside.  It was very nice.  I feel sorry for Karen ending up with Valmir.

Agata & Renan:

I liked the shades of blue & green they had with the bride & groom in white.  They both looked nice.  I do wonder if Renan might regret his decision to marry Agata.

Daniela & Daniel:

I again liked the outside nighttime venue.  It was very pretty.  Dani was very pretty in her dress.  I noticed Daniel was asked his answer first.  The other couples they asked the bride first.  I do wonder if Dani will be happy with Daniel.  He bugs me.

On 6/21/2023 at 3:30 PM, LakeGal said:

It does not look like they have a reunion.

The reunion is this Sunday July 2nd.

I was surprised that everyone said yes.  We'll see if they can make it work.

• Useful 1

The reunion is finally on Netflix.  But there are no subtitles or dubbed in English.  I do not speak Portuguese so I don't know what they are saying.  But from the intros it appears that everyone is still a couple except Karen & Valmir.  

I was worried about the hostess with her high slit skirt sitting on that couch.  She crossed her legs and pretty much showed off everything.  

Karen and Valmir are definitely broken up.  Italo was on stage and went and kissed Karen .  At the end of the show he was back up on stage and he got down on his knee and put a ring on Karen's finger.  I guess they are engaged now.  

(edited)
8 hours ago, LakeGal said:

The reunion is finally on Netflix.  But there are no subtitles or dubbed in English.  I do not speak Portuguese so I don't know what they are saying.  But from the intros it appears that everyone is still a couple except Karen & Valmir.  

I was worried about the hostess with her high slit skirt sitting on that couch.  She crossed her legs and pretty much showed off everything.  

The Portuguese version seems to be gone. I guess they'll put it back once the subtitles and/or dubbing is done. 

[EDIT]: The reunion is available on my TV (Portuguese audio and subtitles though) but not on my laptop.  Weird. 

Edited by JH Lipton

They finally added English subtitles. I’m stunned four of the couples are still together.

Valmir is just the person that every woman (in the world!) but Karen expected him to be. The Italio proposal was weird. And obviously discussed by all parties beforehand. 

Does anyone know if there will be a second season of LIB Japan? I really enjoyed that one. You really see the differences between the different countries’ social norms by watching and comparing the different versions of the shows. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Cramps said:

The Italio proposal was weird. And obviously discussed by all parties beforehand. 

And they're already broken up because Italo was allegedly cheating. 

And sadly,  it doesn't seem like there will be another Japanese LIB even though I thought it was terrific too.  I believe Germany, Sweden and maybe UK will be next up...along with the new US season.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

And they're already broken up because Italo was allegedly cheating. 

And sadly,  it doesn't seem like there will be another Japanese LIB even though I thought it was terrific too.  I believe Germany, Sweden and maybe UK will be next up...along with the new US season.

Gee why doesn’t that surprise me about Italio? Karen’s picker really leaves a lot to be desired. Liked her green dress though. 

That is really too bad about Japan. The others could be interesting though. 

On 1/18/2024 at 11:50 AM, Snapdragon said:

Has anyone else started Love is Blind: Sweden?  My husband and I are halfway through episode 2 and already Sergio is the worst!  

Truly! And he cannot afford to be so shallow. Like that one guy told him, "no matter what she looks like, she's guaranteed to be better looking than you."

Christofer is a sweetheart. I hope Katja is good to him. Btw, I think she looks like Katy Perry.

• Like 1
On 1/19/2024 at 9:05 PM, Blissfool said:

Christofer is a sweetheart. I hope Katja is good to him. Btw, I think she looks like Katy Perry.

I'm glad they broke up.  Christofer seemed nice but that "nice guys can't win" speech was kind of icky and I don't think he understood what she was trying to say. 

He really never offered a different opinion and I'd be suspicious of that too--especially when she'd say things like "I'm not sure I want kids" and he responds that he'd be okay without kids only to talk about their future children in other interactions. 

I don't think I laughed as much as I laughed at Sergio's lofted bedroom kitchen.  Just...how does that get made?

OMG Sergio's bedroom.  I laughed about that one.  It must of originally been a storage area.  I want to know if he really does have a pregnant girlfriend in Barcelona.  

I was glad that Catja broke up with Cristofer.  I fear he would have said yes at the wedding.  She saved him from that.  They are not meant to be together.  She wants a bad boy.  We laughed when she told him he needed to stand up for himself.  Then she immediately yelled at him to let her speak when he tried to stand up for himself.  

Rasmus and Krisse-ly seem to have dog problems.  Not sure how that will work out.

My husband keeps saying that Emilia looks a lot older than her listed age.  She is 4 years older than Lucas.  But he thinks she is way older.  I think she might have liked someone more like Christofer.  She complains that Lucas doesn't compliment her enough.  Meanwhile Catja complained that Christofer compliments her too much.  Nobody is happy.

• Like 1

Sweden has been interesting!  Better than some of the USA seasons.  Lots of meat on this bone.

Cristofer may be a nice guy but I can see where the flowery language and constant touching could be OTT for a lot of people.  Her stone faced, silent stares would be hard to take for a lot of people as well. It was clear from the start that he and Catja were not a good match. She seemed off him from the moment she saw him and he some heavy duty love blinders on.  

I wasn't crazy about Rasmus at the start but I've turned around on that.  He seems to be normal and well adjusted.  His whole attitude and outlook in regard to his dog was kind of great and that dog was adorable.  Krisse-ly seems a bit high-strung and at this point I'm not sure I'd like to see him end up with her.  

Sergio and Amanda make no sense together at all.  I have to ask, what the hell is up with his hair?  I have to know if he cuts it himself because I can't believe that is the result of any kind of professional styling.

Emilia and Lucas seem woefully mismatched too.  He seems to not be very much into her at all.  

I thought Meira and Oskar were doomed at first.  She didn't seem comfortable at all after meeting him in person but now they appear to the couple with the best chance of pulling this off.

The thing I found most surprising is how this bunch overall seemed to be more cautious in regard to approaching initial sex in comparison to other casts.  

• Like 1
On 1/25/2024 at 1:58 PM, ichbin said:

The thing I found most surprising is how this bunch overall seemed to be more cautious in regard to approaching initial sex in comparison to other casts.  

Honestly, it always surprises me how quick the American participants are to jump into bed.  I get that you've agreed to marry each other but in reality, they've known each other two weeks and there's no guarantee they're actually going to get married.  The thing I found most interesting about this season is how not into each other physically most of the couples were.  Usually, there's one couple where one person is just not feeling it physically from the go but this season, that was the case for three out of the five (and honestly, I don't understand how Amanda wasn't put off by Sergio in the looks department.  I mean, the hair alone...).  

I am curious to watch the reunion on Sunday because I'm not sure Oskar and Meria will still be together.  She just didn't seem that into him, even when they were getting married (which I found so strange since I thought Oskar was really great.  He was friendly, good looking and was trying so hard to make things work with her).  I'm glad Lucas didn't marry Emilia since he obviously wasn't attracted to her but I do wish Emilia had walked away first.  And I just don't understand Sergio and Amanda as a couple.  

• Like 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

Honestly, it always surprises me how quick the American participants are to jump into bed.  I get that you've agreed to marry each other but in reality, they've known each other two weeks and there's no guarantee they're actually going to get married. 

People sleep with people they've known less than two weeks and don't intend to marry in real world dating all the time.  And usually with less discussion than they get in the pods.  So if there's an attraction there, I'm not surprised at all they sleep together. 

It is interesting to see how each version treats intimacy.  Japan didn't even hint at it all.  Brazil participants are very ready to get down to business in front of the cameras.  The US is split between some couples being very open about having sex, some not doing it and others being more coy about it. Sweden participants appeared to be a little more reserved or hidden but it's clear many of them were having sex, even Catja and Christofer even though she wasn't into him. Lucas also slept with Emilia.  That I find more surprising than participants who are into each other having sex right after the pods.

8 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I am curious to watch the reunion on Sunday because I'm not sure Oskar and Meria will still be together. 

During the season, Meira started posting explanations and providing more context to the scenes.  That makes me suspect they're still together.  She could have just been defending herself but she also included her dynamic with Oskar which I'm not sure she'd do if they were separated.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 1