Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Power of Veto #3; Live Eviction #3

• Start Topic

Really don't like Todd.  He's like a grumpy old man-- why is he even there except to be someone's goat?  I still think there was supposed to be another celebrity on the cast who had to drop out at the last minute and Kattan came on with the agreement that when the comps got tougher he'd be able to leave because of his neck.  Can you image him doing OTEV?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode. People are really playing. Except Lamar. At least he didn't vote Julie out. 😁

Julie's heels hurt my brain. The rest of her looked great though. 

"I sadly to evote..." Fun callback to the Cookout, Todrick. (I'm a bit obsessed with his bleach shirt. I sort of hate it and sort of love it.) 

Chris Kirkpatrick went out on such a high note! I was very impressed with him. 

I wanted more details on why Chris Kattan wanted to leave. They never really addressed it. Cynthia and Shanna seemed genuinely upset to see him go. Everyone did, really. 

Why was Lamar clapping so loudly during the fight? That was strange. (But overall he's adjusting to the house way better than I expected.) Carson acted as the peacemaker as expected. Before this season I expected him to be way more narcissistic and egotistical. 

Shanna yawning before the HOH comp! That was weird. And then her loud vagina remark on live TV! 🤣🤣

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 2

Two hours is too long for just one eviction. Perhaps two were originally planned before Kattan dropped out. Which - good riddance. I will never think of him as anything other than creepy and weird, and nothing he did here changed my mind.

I'm glad Carson managed to survive because the show would just be way too boring without him. It's been Meisha and Todrick steamrolling over the house since week one. And Meisha just has zero personality. I wish Kirkpatrick would have just lied and told her he'd vote out Carson. Integrity my ass. It's a game. He must be a lousy poker player.

I hate to say it but Lamar doesn't seem very bright.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Wow, this season is really inspiring apathy, it seems. Only 4 comments so far!  Can’t say I blame anyone, though— I’m finding it hard to work up interest, myself. 

It doesn’t help that so many of the houseguests seem to have no idea why they’re there. I got the sense that Kattan was expecting something entirely different. Todd seems annoyed with the whole thing, and everyone involved. He also seems to have a real anger management problem, which is unpleasant to watch. Lamar? I don’t think he’s dumb, I just think he doesn’t understand the game, doesn’t care to learn and really just doesn’t give a shit. He has no shits to give. (Insert your own joke here.)

Of the few who are playing, you have Carson and Cynthia, who mostly just want to have fun. You have Shanna and Kirkpatrick, who are of a similar mindset but playing a little harder. (Maybe too hard, in Kirkpatrick’s case. And destined to stumble because of a reluctance to lie.) Then there is Todrick, who is playing a good game, but too odious to appreciate. And Meisha, who is also there to play hard, but so devoid of humor and charm that it’s impossible to root for her. And it doesn’t help that she seems to get 80% of the airtime.

I get that it must be difficult to get celebrities, quasi- or not, to agree to live in a cage, under surveillance, for a month. (Maybe they should tell future recruits that the live feeds will be down 90% of the time anyway, so don’t worry about it.) But they need to do a better job of picking people who a) have actual engaging personalities, and b) want to play.

For now, I say just kick out everyone but Carson, Cynthia and Shanna, supply them with alcohol, and just let them play fun party games and dish until the end. I’d watch.

Oh, and as for Shanna last night— it appeared they did shoot her full-on in the vagina with blue paint, and that was not nice. I’d have complained loudly, too.

• Love 14

From what I've read Kattan left because he was having problems and was in pain from his back/neck - which he broke back when he was doing SNL. I'm surprised that they did an eviction being Chris K pulled himself and I would have liked to see Kirkpatrick stay. People have to wise up and get rid of Todrick - who was my favorite in the beginning. He's a snake and actually running the house as he has Meisha do all the dirty work.

I like Cynthia but can't understand while she went after Todd like that.  I'll admit that I'd hold a hard on for anyone who wrote my name done and I think most people would, especially if you aren't aligned with them. Todd is not the most exciting player but neither group included him in the beginning and he was suppose to be one of the first to go. As far as Lamar - there are no words to describe him.

CKirk really screwed up in his conversation with Miesha:

• At the time Miesha was expecting Shanna to use the PoV on Cynthia*; Miesha was considering putting up Todd as replacement nom, but wanted reassurances from CKirk that in that eventuality, CKirk would vote to evict Carson rather than Todd.
  • CKirk has the advantage of knowing something Miesha does not, though; Shanna had absolutely zero intentions of using the PoV on anybody other than Carson.

All CKirk had to say was ”Miesha, I promise you - if Carson is sitting next to Todd come Eviction Night, then I’m voting Carson’s ass out” - secure in the knowledge that if Shanna played the PoV the way they’d discussed, Carson would absolutely NOT be sitting next to Todd.  
And if Shanna double-crossed them by not using the PoV on Carson, then CKirk and Cynthia would have no way to muster up enough votes to save Carson - so a CKirk VTE Carson wouldn’t materially affect the outcome.

*  WHY THE HELL  Miesha would think Shanna would do that for any reason other than Shanna buckling under the insupportable weight of the iron fist which is Meisha’s will is beyond me - but I digress…

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The best thing to happen here was that we got a welcome back from the fish tank and I picture someone behind hte scenes yelling "Cut to fish! CUT to FISH!!!" that thought entertained me more than did the whole sad episode.

My I guess unpopular opinion here I was happy to see Kirkpatrick bounced. I guess he was tripping on his 'integrity' but I was getting sick of his smarmy attitude and over-evaluation of his own gameplay.

Man this season is weak... especially considering the number of people that obv. have/had no idea of what the game is or even the basics of what is happening... hello Kattan, Todd and esp. Lamar.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2

UO, but I’m calling bullshit on the Todd/Cynthia fight.

I didn’t watch much of the RHOA, but I do recall not liking Cynthia.  Anywho, she was defensive in trying to explain to Todd that her voting for him to be eliminated was not personal.  Plus, she kept going on and on about his not wanting to forget…heiffa, say your peace then walk away!  But noo, she had to keep on selling wolf tickets and Todd should have sat there and taken it because she’s a woman?!  And then play victim when he’s had enough of her shit?  FOH with that.

• Love 1

This was one of the dumbest plays I've seen in Big Brother history.  I mean, STUPID.  Miesha already laid out her plan.  If Cynthia came down, she was going to put up Todd with the expectation that everyone would vote out Carson.  So why not have Shanna take Carson down, Miesha puts up Todd, and the house flips and votes out Todd?  Seriously, how hard was that?  Once you take Carson down, Miesha has to have a new target, and it seemed obvious to me it was going to be Kirkpatrick.  They tipped their hand by removing Carson, which gave Miesha time to execute a backup plan - Kirkpatrick.  

Now, maybe I missed something and Kirkpatrick was going up anyway after he wouldn't flat out say he was going to vote out Carson, but it just seems like if your plan is to fool Miesha into thinking you are going to vote out her target, you actually have to leave said target on the block.

Stupid.

I think it was in the previous episode, but Carson sealed my love for him forever when he rinsed off his cucumber in the bath and ate it.  I died laughing.  I've never watched anything with him before, though I definitely knew who he was.  I thought he would be to over the top for me, and I stereotyped him as someone who might be catty and mean.  But so far, all his little comments are either self-directed, or really not mean-spirited.

Random - but Carson shouted out "Darla and Charla."  Did he mean the cousins from Amazing Race???

Also, just like Carson, I had a vague negative opinion of Shanna based on very little.  Turns out I was wrong again.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, lasu said:

I thought he would be to over the top for me, and I stereotyped him as someone who might be catty and mean.  But so far, all his little comments are either self-directed, or really not mean-spirited.

It's true. If he was like this for a few hours or a couple of days, I'd think it was for show, but I don't think anyone could fake this for so long. 

20 minutes ago, lasu said:

Random - but Carson shouted out "Darla and Charla."  Did he mean the cousins from Amazing Race???

That's what I thought! But they were on YEARS ago. I'm curious to get more info. 

21 minutes ago, lasu said:

Also, just like Carson, I had a vague negative opinion of Shanna based on very little.  Turns out I was wrong again.

She was my biggest surprise of the show. Actually, both her and Carson. But in a good way. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lasu said:

Amazing Racers were Charla and Mirna.  I had to look it up, but it turns out that Darla and Charla are his puppies.  Cute!

5zqwzxu9hbh81.jpg

Edited by leocadia
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4