Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: When Pigs Fly

• Start Topic

I think I like the format where it's an individual competition much better. The mentoring and boasting when it was fully teams took up a lot of time, and it made it seem much more like the fix was in.

The fact that each team got two week in each kitchen and the patterns of eliminations is very sus.

Even this week, it seemed like Ae had what seemed to be the weakest dishes. But is it just coincidence that her elimination means that Team Blais is more on par with Team Ramsay and Team Arrington? 

Like, is it safe to say that next week, we'll see Kenny from Team Ramsay get the boot so that there are two chefs from each original team? And then Angie from Team Arrington, Courtney from Team Blais, Tricia from Team Rasmay, leaving a finale with one chef from each team (Pyet from Team Arrington, Mariah from Team Blais and Reuel from Team Ramsay)?

If it does go in that exact order, that will be sad. 

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, cameron said:

Tricia unfortunately lives to see another week.

Glad to see I'm not the only one feeling this way.  Is she supposed to represent everybody who is wracked with insecurity but with enough "attaboys" gains enough self-confidence where she can Triumph?  Yecch to that.  

I also think that Chicago Redshirt is on to something.  And if it goes the way CR is predicting, then you know the fix was in.  

• Love 3

I am no prude, but won't miss the garbage mouth of the woman eliminated tonight, and Tricia.  It doesn't make you edgy, honestly.

I'm also having a hard time believing anyone as wracked with insecurity as Tricia apparently is would have had a successful 6-figure job doing anything unless she worked for her dad or something.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bankerchick said:

I am no prude, but won't miss the garbage mouth of the woman eliminated tonight, and Tricia.  It doesn't make you edgy, honestly.

I'm also having a hard time believing anyone as wracked with insecurity as Tricia apparently is would have had a successful 6-figure job doing anything unless she worked for her dad or something.

Ae?!  Ae had a garbage mouth?!

I don't remember that.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bankerchick said:

People can be very secure in one context and insecure in another. Or very good at hiding their insecurities. Seems plausible to me that a consultant could pull 6 figures and still be an anxious/insecure person. 

7 hours ago, Such A Flirt said:

The "OMG, Gordon is SO hot! God-like biceps!" was beyond embarrassing. And I don't mean for Angie.

I came to common that! Eeww Gordon is saggy and no longer hot. How much $ was Angie paid to say that?

Gordon was cute on kitchen nightmares. But not anymore.

Ae was not thinking in her first challenge.  She didn't get rice but she had cabbage, she could have steamed that and made stir fry cabbage wraps (like lettuce wraps).  Not thinking on her feet.  Love Courtney on what we were all thinking in the 'stone fruit' surprise: "that's not what they call it in the grocery store"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I am disappointed that Ae went home.  Just as how Pyet is showcasing her Native American food, I liked how Ae was showcasing Lao food.  I also liked her personality, she was a little loud but seemed very natural and authentic.  I do think her drunken noodles was a little plain but I would have kept her over Kenny.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:43 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Like, is it safe to say that next week, we'll see Kenny from Team Ramsay get the boot so that there are two chefs from each original team? And then Angie from Team Arrington, Courtney from Team Blais, Tricia from Team Rasmay, leaving a finale with one chef from each team (Pyet from Team Arrington, Mariah from Team Blais and Reuel from Team Ramsay)?

If it does go in that exact order, that will be sad. 

That's the final three as I see it as well.  They have been the strongest.  I think Mariah goes out at #3 and then Pyet will beat Reuel.  Pyet gets her year of mentorship and there's a big hullaballoo about the trend in Native American food and how she wants to open her own restaurant.

I can easily see this boot order.  I hope it's not rigged/fixed.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:11 AM, grandmabegum said:

I was surprised by whatever chef didn't know what stone fruit was. I thought it was a pretty common term.

That was Courtney.  I would have thought stone fruit is a common term.  I did laugh when she said "oh it's just fruit".  Has she never used canned peaches for anything and wonder what "cling" meant?