Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Four Fathers

• Start Topic

This episode was just okay for me.  Reminiscent of filler.  Any other season I may excuse the odd filler episode but this is it - the finale season.  Not a time for filler, thank you. 

A grill/smoker for the purposes of creating family togetherness and memories?  Wow.  There must be a nearby zoo, children's animal farm or a favourite park they could all spend time together at every weekend.  They can still get a grill/smoker.

I like Toby and I like Kate but I'm okay with their inevitable split.  Those two never displayed effective conflict resolution capabilities.  They seemed to celebrate whenever they quickly put a bandaid on a disagreement as it being completely settled and behind them.   

In fairness to Madison.  1.  Baby spitup* is a lot different than if your obnoxious fratbro boyfriend puked all over your hair after overdoing it at the kegger.  2.  Some days you don't have a spare moment for anything about yourself.  Nothing.  Stealing a few seconds to use the bathroom (door open, babies near) is the best you can do.  Their needs are the highest priority and some days it's just constant and you must tend to them, putting your own on the back burner without even thinking, because you know you have no choice.  You know you need to shower/wash your hair but things like that must wait until either someone else is there or the babies are sound asleep for the night.  Some days they don't nap and that can result in a really hectic day.

I have a wait and see attitude towards Philip.  But I think there could be a reason he's British and I think there could be a reason he doesn't have a last name** yet...

*   I know she said "vomit" but that's the writing.  I think "spitup" would have been more suitable here.

**  Simons?  But I doubt even this show would do something as cheesy as two best friends marrying each others brothers.  To me that sort of indicates that if he is any relation, Kevin does not end up with Madison.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dreamboat Annie said:

Some days you don't have a spare moment for anything about yourself.  Nothing.  Stealing a few seconds to use the bathroom (door open, babies near) is the best you can do.  Their needs are the highest priority and some days it's just constant and you must tend to them, putting your own on the back burner without even thinking, because you know you have no choice.  You know you need to shower/wash your hair but things like that must wait until either someone else is there or the babies are sound asleep for the night.  Some days they don't nap and that can result in a really hectic day.

I believe that, but if it's that kind of day, Madison wouldn't have had time to curl her hair either. Her hair was curled when she was telling Kevin that one of the twins had spit up in it and she hadn't had time to wash it. The spitting up would have ruined any curl she'd had in before, so she would have had to re-curl it after the fact for it to look that way (and I don't even know if any new curl would have held in hair that was full of dried spit-up).

The show is trying to tell us that Madison is overwhelmed, but they're not showing us that. She looks just as she did before she had babies, and she never shows any exhaustion or frustration.

• Love 5
On 1/24/2022 at 4:29 PM, Crs97 said:

I have had sympathy for Kate in other storylines, but not this one.  The show writers have done her a massive disservice.  Maybe if we didn't already know she is remarrying douchebag the dissolution of their marriage might seem more organic.  Right now it just seems like she is finding reasons to be unhappy.

THIS!! I'm viewing their present based on what I think I know about their future, and it taints everything.  To quote my man Bob Seger, "wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then"!  

• Love 6

I think the flash forwards have almost ruined the show for me. The first couple seasons were intriguing with the flashbacks showing how their childhoods influenced them, but now the flash forwards just have me trying to reconcile what I'm seeing with what I know will happen later. It takes me out of the story too much and introduces too much speculation about how the hell they get from here to there. I think the flash forwards were a serious mistake by the writers.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Her hair was curled when she was telling Kevin that one of the twins had spit up in it and she hadn't had time to wash it. The spitting up would have ruined any curl she'd had in before, so she would have had to re-curl it after the fact for it to look that way (and I don't even know if any new curl would have held in hair that was full of dried spit-up).

I guess I just wanted to cut her some slack when I saw the degree to which she was being attacked.  

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Dreamboat Annie said:

I guess I just wanted to cut her some slack when I saw the degree to which she was being attacked.  

I don't think the problem is Madison, it's that the styling and acting doesn't match up with the writing for her this season. There should be explicit direction to the hair and make-up people to make her look exhausted and like she has spit-up in her hair.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I don't think the problem is Madison, it's that the styling and acting doesn't match up with the writing for her this season. There should be explicit direction to the hair and make-up people to make her look exhausted and like she has spit-up in her hair.

Or at least not use the curling wand on the actress's hair that day because that curl pattern can only be made from a wand.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

She also should be shown with post-baby body, not her usual self.  One baby is no joke, and twins would lead to even more body changes.  If they want a story line for Madison, that would have been the one, especially since she has an eating disorder, and body issues.  Could have been a relevant story line for her, but the writers just want to use her for their "who will Kevin end up with?" fodder.

• Love 5
On 1/18/2022 at 10:09 PM, buttersister said:

Beth: Drink the wine. I’m taking Deja to get birth control.

World: Beth ftw!

Except that Beth said she was taking her to get BIRF control. I rewound three times to make sure that’s what I was hearing. 

On 2/23/2022 at 9:57 PM, PortaBella said:

Except that Beth said she was taking her to get BIRF control. I rewound three times to make sure that’s what I was hearing. 

that is how it is pronounced with some accents

like how water can be pronounced like "wooder"