Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Best Friends, for Never

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

After Peacemaker’s hazardous escape, tension and mistrust build within the team. Later, as Peacemaker grapples with his new assignment, he receives a surprise visitor.

Original Airdate: Thursday, January 13, 2022
sIiAvxmcomki2BkGyRgAQ0UB4RL.jpg

freddie-stroma-john-cena.jpg

Edited by AnimeMania
(edited)

Not very interesting, but I think Peacemaker got his jetpack. You better watch out Mothra!

Peacemaker's stolen records should have been dust after his getaway.

The dog with the guitar was cute. 

I did like the end of credit scene. There is always a scene after the end of the credits, make sure to watch them.

Edited by AnimeMania
On 1/13/2022 at 3:29 AM, AnimeMania said:

I thought the gag would be that after all of the trouble he went to in order to protect them that they would all be smashed by him throwing/falling on them.

• Love 3

I keep thinking Jennifer Holland is Desi Lydic from the Daily Show. It doesn't really matter, but I need to put it out there so it bugs someone else too.

This definitely felt like an in-between episode, but I liked that it continued from the previous episode and we saw how they dealt with the aftermath.

Edited by Nellise

Damn, we already knew that Auggie/Peacemaker's dad was a racist asshole, but it looks like he might have been the leader of some kind of white supremest group in prison that call him the "White Dragon?"  That's all kinds of fucked-up.  I wonder if he might end up being the main villain here when this is all said and done.

This version of Vigilante is quite different from the one in Arrow!  Him being a Peacemaker fanboy was hilarious and I liked the glimpses of how messed up he is, because apparently his version of "killing bad people" also includes folks who do graffiti (and people who smoked marijuana before it was made legal.)  Yeah, that's a bit much there, Vigilante.

Cool seeing Lochlyn Munro as one of the detectives.

Add Leota's dogs to the list alongside Eagly as animals that I really hope nothing bad happens to...

John Cena is continuing to impress me here and is doing a good job leading this show.     

• Love 5
11 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Cool seeing Lochlyn Munro as one of the detectives.

I couldn't believe that was Lochlyn and had to confirm in the credits.  He use to be pretty buff himself.

I guess it catches up to all of us.

I multi task during this show because it’s not very interesting. Cena is fine, just not a lot happens and much of the dialogue is about who is lying to who, and I don’t really care much about that yet because I don’t even know what matters. 

Anyone else think this Vigilante is a stand-in for Deadpool? It's about the full-body costume for the most part. Guy is more like Deadpool's spazzy brother. Peacemaker should be cooler than him . . . but when you see then testing weapons, you figure they might as well be boys.

On 1/15/2022 at 1:50 AM, Nellise said:

I keep thinking Jennifer Holland is Desi Lydic from the Daily Show. It doesn't really matter, but I need to put it out there so it bugs someone else too.

When you say it . . . there is a resemblance. I see Harcourt put up with Peacemaker, I can imagine that's how Desi deals with Michael Kosta.

Gotta love Bat-Mite getting brought up and referred to as a Batman stan. That's pretty much one the nose.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:29 AM, AnimeMania said:

Peacemaker should have been dust after his getaway. Nice change of pace to see a hero dive from a large height, and then pay for it with pain.

• Love 6
On 1/15/2022 at 1:50 AM, Nellise said:

When I first saw the opening credits I thought she was Kristen Wiig, but now that you mention it I can see Desi Lydic.

It took forever for Peacemaker to get out of the building.

I'm looking forward to more of Peacemaker and Vigilante. And I hope to continue to like Detective Song. 

It wasn't until the 2nd episode that I appreciated the opening credits.  It really sells the tone of the series. 
And this episode moved a lot faster than the first -- probably because there was less set-up needed. 

One issue this show may have is that the James Gunn dialogue is starting to take over every character and conversation.  The quirky minutia is fun -- but it can quickly tip to overload. 

7 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

It took forever for Peacemaker to get out of the building.

That was fun.  Mostly.  Some of the jokes and scenes are verging on lingering too long. 

On 1/15/2022 at 1:58 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Add Leota's dogs to the list alongside Eagly as animals that I really hope nothing bad happens to...

I also worry for the animals ... even though the eagle is CGI. 

• Love 2

Leota's fur kids are so cute, they join Eagly as characters that nothing bad better happen to. Definitely a transitional episode, mostly setting up things for the season and wrapping things up from the first episode, but it was a lot of fun. Vigilante is certainly a different take then the two versions from Arrow that I am more familiar with, seeing him and his not BFF Peacemaker should be a wild ride. 

John Cena is carry the show quite well, I was impressed at how him crying about killing Rick Flagg managed to both be played for laughs and for actual pathos. He can be over the top but there is something really sincere about his performance that really works for this show. 

So now we know that Lois CK is a creep even in the DC universe.  

I love that Bat-Mite exists in the DC universe, now I cant get the imagine of him bothering the angsty (even for Batman!) Batfleck version of the character, its cracking me up. 

• Love 3