Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, LilyD said:

If you’re an exception to the rule, you’d have to be in the same situation, right? How else can you be an exception to set rules? I fail to see how Gina’s situation can be compared to Lisa’s or Victoria’s for example?

In the 1st place, you are NOT ignorant 😄

I don't know if Gina compares to Victoria, because I don't know why she took a year off. With Lisa, the rule for an injury like hers would be to take the year off to recover; Gina was the exception because with HER injury, while a different one, people typically don't return so fast.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think that was the point, that Gina was an exception rather than the rule.

I thought the only exception to ANY rules or requirements would be VK!  Any updates on her trying out?  Surely she and Lisa made it to the next phase of auditions?!?!

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

I thought the only exception to ANY rules or requirements would be VK!  Any updates on her trying out?  Surely she and Lisa made it to the next phase of auditions?!?!

According to the gal on tick tock they will find out in a few days if they made it to training camp audtions are being done just like this past season I haven’t seen any proof either of them actual sent in their videos neither posted 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Omeletsmom said:

Can somebody tell me who this is?  I can't get Insta to open it (yes, I am logged on; the app comes up, but the post does not open.)

amberlaiche (Amber's Instagram account name)

Cheers to the most incredible year of growth, accomplishments, and meeting friends that are now family.

A couple months ago, I tore my acl & meniscus in practice. I’ve made the decision to put my health first and get surgery. While this means that I will be temporarily leaving the most incredible experience of being one of America’s Sweethearts, I know that my future self will thank me. 🤍

It is not about the hardships you go through, but what you make out of them! I’m so thankful for the love and support I am surrounded by- especially my rookie sisters who surprised me last night! Time to get back to doing what I love!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

Ok you got me confused now… or maybe it’s a language-mix up-thingy?? As in me being the ignorant foreigner here😉
Not trying to be in the right, just genuinely trying to figure out where my logic and knowledge of your language abandoned me…☺️☺️☺️

If you’re an exception to the rule, you’d have to be in the same situation, right? How else can you be an exception to set rules? I fail to see how Gina’s situation can be compared to Lisa’s or Victoria’s for example? Those two pulled out before the new season, never reauditioned and thus formally did not make the new squad. Gina went through auditions, camp, formally made the team, performed and then pulled out on medical grounds. That makes her an ordinary veteran who just did not complete the entire season.  That’s entirely different from two vets that did not return at all for a year and never took part in that DCC season? (And yes, I know we’re not talking about the same year) For me, that indicates two different entry points for audition Gina qualified as a vet because she was in the squad and the other two in prelims because they weren’t in the squad at all.

Right, I’m off to bed, it’s late on my side of the planet and my brain is too tired to let me think this through again and figure it out. My brain has gone AWOL 😂

Your logic makes perfect sense to me!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Survivor197 said:

Any word if Bre Harker made it through the first round? Did Cassie from 2020 training camp try out again? What about Mandy or Mel from 2021 TC? Where are our insiders :)

I always thought some of our insiders worked for MTT production. And if they are no longer there, there goes our scoop….

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, LilyD said:

Ok you got me confused now… or maybe it’s a language-mix up-thingy?? As in me being the ignorant foreigner here😉
Not trying to be in the right, just genuinely trying to figure out where my logic and knowledge of your language abandoned me…☺️☺️☺️

If you’re an exception to the rule, you’d have to be in the same situation, right? How else can you be an exception to set rules? I fail to see how Gina’s situation can be compared to Lisa’s or Victoria’s for example? Those two pulled out before the new season, never reauditioned and thus formally did not make the new squad. Gina went through auditions, camp, formally made the team, performed and then pulled out on medical grounds. That makes her an ordinary veteran who just did not complete the entire season.  That’s entirely different from two vets that did not return at all for a year and never took part in that DCC season? (And yes, I know we’re not talking about the same year) For me, that indicates two different entry points for audition Gina qualified as a vet because she was in the squad and the other two in prelims because they weren’t in the squad at all.

Right, I’m off to bed, it’s late on my side of the planet and my brain is too tired to let me think this through again and figure it out. My brain has gone AWOL 😂

I think you are getting confused as to what "rule" Gina is being called the exception to (and why).

Generally, when you have a serious injury, especially something like your ACL, your recovery takes so long that you will end up sitting out a year. That is the "rule": serious injury = sitting out a year.

Two things made Gina an exception to this rule: (1) the timing of her injury & (2) her dedication/hard work to coming back.

If she had been injured before the team was formed, they could have replaced her and she would have missed the normal year. But it didn't happen until early in the season after the team was already set and they didn't have the option to replace her. Because of that, she could stay on the team & do everything but dance (non-dance appearances, etc.) while having  the necessary surgery & working on her recovery. Having the surgery while on the team/during the season (I don't remember the actual date she had the surgery -- but she didn't need to wait for the off-season since she her injury was bad enough she couldn't dance) & working hard on her recovery, she was ready to re-audition the next season, thereby being the "exception to the rule" that a serious injury usually leads to missing a year.

Lisa was hurt (or further aggravated her injury) during training camp & Amber before training camp started. The team wasn't set yet, so they're easily replaced and miss at least a year.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I always thought some of our insiders worked for MTT production. And if they are no longer there, there goes our scoop….

First; thanks all for the kind words and trying to help me understand when my brain refused service last night😂

As for the insiders... Yes you are right! There were a few who seemed to know a lot, sometimes gave us an early warning and posted on a regular basis. All of them have gone eerily silent! I do wonder why. (Well, of course there is no show this year, but still) 
I think I remember a rumour that one or two were possibly caught out for spilling the beans out here. That would make sense of course as they would potentially risk losing their job. Oh I wish they'd return.... How else are we going to figure out what's going on?

• Like 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

First; thanks all for the kind words and trying to help me understand when my brain refused service last night😂

As for the insiders... Yes you are right! There were a few who seemed to know a lot, sometimes gave us an early warning and posted on a regular basis. All of them have gone eerily silent! I do wonder why. (Well, of course there is no show this year, but still) 
I think I remember a rumour that one or two were possibly caught out for spilling the beans out here. That would make sense of course as they would potentially risk losing their job. Oh I wish they'd return.... How else are we going to figure out what's going on?

Have we even gotten any inside information this past years (online auditions) before TC even started? 

Even if the insiders are "alive" I don't think they have any interesting information at the moment. If the insiders are "alive" we still need to wait until anything actually happens.

• Love 1
On 5/17/2022 at 1:29 PM, cgloss said:

Tyra posted about her audition taping with vets: 

Nice to see Kat helping the younger vets. 

Tyra is very entertaining and their whole class seems like a really talented and supportive group. I also think Jensen’s makeup looks great here.

• Love 12
On 5/17/2022 at 7:56 PM, LilyD said:

While I see your point, there’s the fact that they’d have to come back with a perfect DCC-body (not easy!) a great stamina and with their dancing being up to par. a lot can happen, even in 1 year… In short; they need to be as good, if not better, as when they left. That’s a lot to ask.  I’m especially concerned for those who skipped a year on medical grounds. A good recovery needs time, which means less time to be in perfect shape for audition.Add to that the fierce competition. The candidates seem to becoming more talented and experienced every year.

The returning vets have been dancing almost until the new auditions start, so Kelli and Judy know they’ll be good enough to at least make it till finals and very likely the new squad. They won’t  know this about a vet that’s returning from LOA. So, from that point of view, I think it’s good to have them start from the beginning. If they’re still as good, they’ll pass those tests with flying colours.

You have some good points.  I believe companies/organizations should offer some incentives like loa to their employees. Therefore, I don’t have an issue with the loa and advancement of returning vets in the process.  
Can’t wait to see how all of this works out - fingers are crossed.  

• Love 4
On 5/19/2022 at 10:02 PM, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I don’t have an issue with the loa and advancement of returning vets in the process.

I don't either. Just because you are injured or have other issues that make you take time off doesn't mean you're done forever. And I do think that some perks should come with seniority. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Lauren Strong (@/laurenbstrong) has confirmed one her insta story that @/breanna_burns made training camp

Edit- the story has now been deleted 

Edited by MegzClarkie
Update
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

did all these people actually make training camp or did they just make it to finals? because it seems like the latter

That or some girls don’t know how to read lol cause some are calling it finals some are calling it training camp 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

That or some girls don’t know how to read lol cause some are calling it finals some are calling it training camp 

I understand it will be like last year.  Finals, then some cuts, then training camp.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

Lisa looks fantastic! She’s beautiful and smart. I could tell her heart was broken when she had to resign to have surgery so I wish her the best. 

She looks better than the year she first auditioned.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Maybe that’s another test. 😂

• LOL 10
(edited)
6 hours ago, vanillagum said:

did all these people actually make training camp or did they just make it to finals? because it seems like the latter

6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

5 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

I understand it will be like last year.  Finals, then some cuts, then training camp.

I think they've kind of turned finals into the first few days of training camp -- so probably why some are calling it finals & some training camp. 

Technically, they've made it to training camp because they've combined them, but whether they make it past the first couple of days (what they'd do in the pre-covid finals) to what was training camp pre-covid is ???????.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, MC123 said:

@/Kali.Rochford confirmed via stories 

image.png.54cce33f5eea6e9a4ae10bab54e776fa.png

Oh wow she was a Kilgore College Rangerettes, and not just a normal Rangerette but she was an officer!!

A Kilgore College Rangerettes officer is like a group leader and the above picture is when Kelee handed her role as an officer to Kali. (what a coincidence!!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEiKgT3jsJK/

This is an Instagram post of that time from Kelee.

I think I'll be pulling for her.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Kamal said:

image.png.54cce33f5eea6e9a4ae10bab54e776fa.png

Oh wow she was a Kilgore College Rangerettes, and not just a normal Rangerette but she was an officer!!

A Kilgore College Rangerettes officer is like a group leader and the above picture is when Kelee handed her role as an officer to Kali. (what a coincidence!!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEiKgT3jsJK/

This is an Instagram post of that time from Kelee.

I think I'll be pulling for her.

We know she will have great kicks and precision.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

We know she will have great kicks and precision.  

I know I’ve said this before but the whole Rangerette scene is so weird to me. I know it’s a huge deal down there but I just don’t get it. Dressed the way she is in this pic I question if she’s HD ready. However looking at her insta page she looks so pretty when she’s out of that outfit & all the makeup… 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I know I’ve said this before but the whole Rangerette scene is so weird to me. I know it’s a huge deal down there but I just don’t get it. 

The Rangerettes are steeped in tradition and have been a launching pad for several future DCCs.  It means a great deal to the women who try out for and make the Rangerettes.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, go4luca said:

The Rangerettes are steeped in tradition and have been a launching pad for several future DCCs.  It means a great deal to the women who try out for and make the Rangerettes.

I am very aware, I’m simply saying I don’t understand it. We don’t have anything like that up here. it’s a world down there I cannot comprehend & it’s fine. I’m sure we do things up here that seem odd…

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I am very aware, I’m simply saying I don’t understand it. We don’t have anything like that up here. it’s a world down there I cannot comprehend & it’s fine. I’m sure we do things up here that seem odd…

We don't have anything like them in L.A. either.  But after watching the docu (I've seen it twice), it brought new understanding to me of how much it means to those women. 

But hey, if it doesn't do it for you, no worries.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

We don't have anything like them in L.A. either.  But after watching the docu (I've seen it twice), it brought new understanding to me of how much it means to those women. 

But hey, if it doesn't do it for you, no worries.

6CC36B30-6BE5-4906-A369-932C5ABC2525.jpeg

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
(edited)
13 hours ago, TB12 said:

Dressed the way she is in this pic I question if she’s HD ready. However looking at her insta page she looks so pretty when she’s out of that outfit & all the makeup

In a sense she reminds me of LSU Katelyn, very pretty but harsh with the makeup. I think she's fine in the "DCC-look" sense, but you never know what Kelli/Charlotte will think.

11 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

6CC36B30-6BE5-4906-A369-932C5ABC2525.jpeg

Wait a minute, Teri was a Rangerette AND DCRB?? So weird she was a one and done with DCC...I remember the horrid interview, but I thought there were dance issues too.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, PepperM said:

It doesn’t exactly look like point formation, but it looks like Dani got to try her hand at leading the formation for Thunder at the raceway performance today!

8AB21A63-D75F-4F68-BE3F-63E060FCF6A7.jpeg

I love it!

#TeamDani-from-day-one

And please let me add that I am now team Taylor Altieri and Ally Boekholder!

Edited by Pau84
addition
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, TB12 said:

I know I’ve said this before but the whole Rangerette scene is so weird to me. I know it’s a huge deal down there but I just don’t get it. Dressed the way she is in this pic I question if she’s HD ready. However looking at her insta page she looks so pretty when she’s out of that outfit & all the makeup… 

Not like she has a choice of hair, makeup or clothing while she's in Rangerette uniform. They're strict about following their dress code even at rehearsals. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Not like she has a choice of hair, makeup or clothing while she's in Rangerette uniform. They're strict about following their dress code even at rehearsals. 

I get it, I know it’s a huge deal and lots of DCC have been on that team I know. But looking at her in that dress code imo she does not look like a DCC. I did say she looked great more natural in her other pix & in her more natural look she does look more DCC. And honestly it doesn’t really matter what I think. Good luck to her…

• Love 1