Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

On 7/20/2022 at 5:14 PM, PomPomPom said:

needs to do something about this or run the risk of loosing fans through lack of anything to get interested in.

that would be me.  Never missed an episode.  P.S.  I am not one of those uninformed that asked when the new season was starting.  And I know Maddie retired.  And the others too.

• Love 1

At one time I knew the identity of most insiders and was never aware of anyone from the film crew.

One was a TCC that eventually made the team several years later; a person who worked on a few peripheral events with DCC (stunter); but usually just forum members creating connections and building trust with DCCs through social media (that we’re motivated to spill the tea). 

• Useful 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RhiRhi said:

At one time I knew the identity of most insiders and was never aware of anyone from the film crew.

One was a TCC that eventually made the team several years later; a person who worked on a few peripheral events with DCC (stunter); but usually just forum members creating connections and building trust with DCCs through social media (that we’re motivated to spill the tea). 

That's interesting because if it's not the crew then nothing about TC apart from the filming has changed. Then why are we not getting the usual leaks and tips from the types of sources mentioned. My mind is working overtime as to why that might be. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She was apparently cut on Wensday 

I think by then end of next week or potentially sooner they will have their final team. Way before the first preseason game but gives them plenty of time to practice as a team. When is Oxnard? Might have an idea of the Vets on SG at that event if auditions have been held. After Lea's father passing I don't think she will be on SG which makes me sad as she deserves to be!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She was apparently cut on Wensday 

I wasn't surprised by the cuts of Eden, Taylor and Kayla G... but was surprised at Ashlea and Ariana, bc they both seem like strong dancers 🤔My other guesses for cuts are Kali and Karley.  Out of the remaining RC, they seem like the weakest. But that's just my guess...😁

• Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, MC123 said:

I think by then end of next week or potentially sooner they will have their final team. Way before the first preseason game but gives them plenty of time to practice as a team. When is Oxnard? Might have an idea of the Vets on SG at that event if auditions have been held. After Lea's father passing I don't think she will be on SG which makes me sad as she deserves to be!

Next week is oxnard the 2021 show group ladies are going if they haven’t held the 2022 show group auditions yet 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

What?? Oh no, that's terrible.

Billy Smith.  Yeah, I saw that a while back.  He was hit by a car while riding his bike. :(  So sad!  He was a huge name in cheerleading, he even made a couple of appearances in the Cheer show on Netflix.

• Sad 8
4 hours ago, MC123 said:

The rumoured cut from last night has been confirmed on Reddit 

F36521FF-9E3B-456C-B31F-C9FC97BF7E2E.jpeg

I wish I knew more about the candidates. I miss the old DCC :(

• Like 4
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, DCC93 said:

I wish I knew more about the candidates. I miss the old DCC :(

Agreed this is dullsville I see cuts & they mean nothing to me bc I have nothing to go on. I wouldn’t know any of the TCC if they were sitting next to me. I desperately miss the insiders…

• Like 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
On 7/22/2022 at 8:26 AM, mizzhyer said:

I wasn't surprised by the cuts of Eden, Taylor and Kayla G... but was surprised at Ashlea and Ariana, bc they both seem like strong dancers 🤔My other guesses for cuts are Kali and Karley.  Out of the remaining RC, they seem like the weakest. But that's just my guess...😁

On 7/22/2022 at 11:19 AM, DCC93 said:

I wish I knew more about the candidates. I miss the old DCC :

Deleted.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 1

I’m not trying to like come off rude or mean or anything like it but has anyone really sat and thought  maybe the ladies auditioning might actually be thrilled that anything and everything abt them isn’t being put out on display especially on here as it can get pretty brutal 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I wasn't surprised by Ashlea's cut because the social media photo she posted only 5 weeks ago announcing the end of her Arizona chapter she looked like a 12 year old in cheerleader dress-up. She definitely did not look like she would fit in a DCC uniform, or was even old enough to apply.  It was an odd photo angle, I guess. I know it is unfair to judge by one photo, but as @DCC93 has said - we know next to nothing about the TCCs this year.
The photo shows up better on the link.
https://www.instagram.com/ashleuuhh/

Ahslea.jpg.e37ee4695e9fb00184ab3d6b3698b69c.jpg

She is one of those gals who are so petite that their head seems large in proportion to their body. (I wouldn't know from personal experience, lol!)

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

I’m not trying to like come off rude or mean or anything like it but has anyone really sat and thought  maybe the ladies auditioning might actually be thrilled that anything and everything abt them isn’t being put out on display especially on here as it can get pretty brutal 

I would be thrilled not to have that extra scrutiny on me, that is for sure. As a selfish person though, I miss all the insider info and juicy gossip. Thank you to everyone posting cuts, photos, etc. It keeps me from going into complete withdrawal.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I bet the ladies enjoy having more pony tail nights. 😊

• Love 7
17 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

That's interesting because if it's not the crew then nothing about TC apart from the filming has changed. Then why are we not getting the usual leaks and tips from the types of sources mentioned. My mind is working overtime as to why that might be. 

I think some were tired of spilling the tea and then getting treated like crap cause the kool aid drinkers don't like tea.  Some of those other fan sites are brutal when they find out it's not all rainbows and unicorns.  

I also think Kelli closed ranks and went after anyone suspected of sharing info.  Cheryl's replacement is a former DCC.  Haley is a part of the staff.  Lemonbus is gone.  The producer on Reddit deleted all of their posts.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

The point of my post is that is dumb to judge by one photo but they aren’t giving fans anything else at all to go by. I meant it more as frustrated by this season and lack of positive publicity they could be doing for DCC/TCCs, but you are right it came off as body shaming due to how poorly I worded it.  The photo definitely had an odd angle. I will delete the post. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

The point of my post is that is dumb to judge by one photo but they aren’t giving fans anything else at all to go by. I meant it more as frustrated by this season and lack of positive publicity they could be doing for DCC/TCCs, but you are right it came off as body shaming due to how poorly I worded it.  The photo definitely had an odd angle. I will delete the post. 

I wasn’t saying anything abt the photo I’m saying like In general they might be happier not having everything and anything all out On social media 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Cute photo of the remaining TCCs, missing Amanda.

Left to right:

Sophy, Karley, Kally, Zhenya, Kylie, Marissa, Alyssa, Kayla H., Kali

Rumor is there are two cuts left to get to 36.

106603D4-1A96-4D80-9A3F-48E64240E124.jpeg

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Cute photo of the remaining TCCs, missing Amanda.

Left to right:

Sophy, Karley, Kally, Zhenya, Kylie, Marissa, Alyssa, Kayla H., Kali

106603D4-1A96-4D80-9A3F-48E64240E124.jpeg

I’ve followed kally since her dolphins days I’m rooting for her 

• Love 9
(edited)

If it were me picking I think my 2 out would be Amanda or Alyssa(crazy because I was really rooting for her just not sure now. But then again I bet she looks great in uniform). I’m not sure why Amanda gives me Amy vibes which is kinda yawn😭 This really is a beautiful bunch and I wish I could see them dance so I can say for sure. They could all make it 

Edited by dfwxo
  • Love 3
(edited)
Just now, dfwxo said:

If it were me picking I think my 3 out would be between Zhenya(she is beautiful they need to glam her up better), Amanda, or Alyssa(crazy because I was really rooting for her just not sure now. But then again I bet she looks great in uniform). I’m not sure why Amanda gives me Amy vibes which is kinda yawn😭 This really is a beautiful bunch and I wish I could see them dance so I can say for sure. They could all make it 

Down to 38 so only two will have to go 

Edited by Holly85
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Down to 38 so only two will have to go 

I took back all my comments about Zhenya because she is actually so beautiful and tall 😂 But wow so quick. They’ve really been attracting a talented bunch. Getting better every year as well 

1 minute ago, dfwxo said:

I took back all my comments about Zhenya because she is actually so beautiful and tall 😂 But wow so quick. They’ve really been attracting a talented bunch. Getting better every year as well 

5 were cut just this week 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, dfwxo said:

If it were me picking I think my 2 out would be Amanda or Alyssa(crazy because I was really rooting for her just not sure now. But then again I bet she looks great in uniform). I’m not sure why Amanda gives me Amy vibes which is kinda yawn😭 This really is a beautiful bunch and I wish I could see them dance so I can say for sure. They could all make it 

Alyssa’s knee is taped and she is in flats in the photo. I hope she is ok. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Alyssa’s knee is taped and she is in flats in the photo. I hope she is ok. 

I’m sure she will be fine zhenya came to auditions with her legs completely wrapped and was made to kick alone during finals 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I’ve followed kally since her dolphins days I’m rooting for her 

16 hours ago, dfwxo said:

So any predictions for cuts? 

Basely this only off social media, which isn't much....

Safe: Sophy, Victoria. Victoria's coming back way strong, we all know that. Like or love her, she's not getting cut over dance ability. And Sophy reminds me of Gina when she was a TCC. 

Probably safe: Kally, Marissa, Zhenya, Alyssa. Kally has a lot of clips posted. I am sure the transition to DCC style won't be hard for her, since she has been a pro cheerleader before - she goes fast in her clips, hopefully rushing won't be a problem for her.  Marissa seems to be the complete package they look for in a DCC, I didn't find many clips, but I expect her to make it.  Zhenya and Alyssa have been shown to have wrapped or taped knees during TC- hopefully not a big deal. And I will put Kylie in this group as well - as she is so well connected with the 2nd years it would be a very painful cut if K&J choose to do that again, and I am not sure they will.

No info: People say Kayla H is great but I didn't find any clips of her dancing. 

At risk: Karley, Kali, and Amanda. I only post this because the first two had underwhelming dance clips on social media, but they are years old. Amanda because they cut her so early last TC, and unless she has improved dramatically, she still remains at risk in my mind. Kali has the height, which I think helps her, they need height in the kickline to help balance Jada. Tori isn't enough.

I have no idea who I would cut though - it seems like an impossible choice.

Disappointed to see Kayla G. cut, I was rooting for her! My other favorite is Zhenya, I hope she makes it.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

So any predictions for cuts? 

Basely this only off social media, which isn't much....

Safe: Sophy, Victoria. Victoria's coming back way strong, we all know that. Like or love her, she's not getting cut over dance ability. Ahd Sophy reminds me of Gina when she was a TCC. 

Probably safe: Kally, Marissa, Zhenya, Alyssa. Kally has a lot of clips posted. I am sure the transition to DCC style won't be hard for her, since she has been a pro cheerleader before - she goes fast in her clips, hopefully rushing won't be a problem for her.  Marissa seems to be the complete package they look for in a DCC, I didn't find many clips, but I expect her to make it.  Zhenya and Alyssa have been shown to have wrapped or taped knees during TC- hopefully not a big deal. And I will put Kylie in this group as well - as she is so well connected with the 2nd years it would be a very painful cut if K&J choose to do that again, and I am not sure they will.

No info: People say Kayla H is great but I didn't find any clips of her dancing. 

At risk: Karley, Kali, and Amanda. I only post this because the first two had underwhelming dance clips on social media, but they are years old. Amanda because they cut her so early last TC, and unless she has improved dramatically, she still remains at risk in my mind. Kali has the height, which I think helps her, they need height in the kickline to help balance Jada. Tori isn't enough.

I have no idea who I would cut though - it seems like an impossible choice.

Disappointed to see Kayla G. cut, I was rooting for her! My other favorite is Zhenya, I hope she makes it.

Kayla H video from her college dance team she was on https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXmVV9MhM5D/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

she’s in the middle point 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca0U8QIvAVp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 

front left for hip hop on the last slide is the video 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, dfwxo said:

Yeah, sorry Caroline fans but I can't wait for her to retire. I'm ready for the 2019-2020 rookies and on girls to be in the front for this exact reason (I know Chandi is in the front, but I'm talking about the others like Kat and Kelcey). After their season, the talent and competitiveness went up like CRAZY.

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Yeah, sorry Caroline fans but I can't wait for her to retire. I'm ready for the 2019-2020 rookies and on girls to be in the front for this exact reason (I know Chandi is in the front, but I'm talking about the others like Kat and Kelcey). After their season, the talent and competitiveness went up like CRAZY.

Are there any strong Caroline fans here?

• LOL 2

I don't think all the girls are happy there may not be a tv show. There is no way I believe they all come to Dallas with the purest of "i just want to be a DCC, yes Ma''am" intentions. Some probably hope the show would propel them to fame. Being a DCC may make you Dallas famous but I can say up here nobody would know a DCC unless she was in uniform. I wouldn't even know a Patriots cheerleader if she walked by me unless she was in uniform. I wonder if they do not end up with some type of show if the audition number will be even lower. 

• Like 5
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

Love her, hope she stays for year 6 to dance with her sister if she auditions.

Rumor has it they can't do 5 years anymore.  If they want to try out for a 6th year, they have to take a year off first.

• Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
On 7/22/2022 at 4:31 PM, Holly85 said:

4 hours ago, TB12 said:

I don't think all the girls are happy there may not be a tv show. There is no way I believe they all come to Dallas with the purest of "i just want to be a DCC, yes Ma''am" intentions. Some probably hope the show would propel them to fame. Being a DCC may make you Dallas famous but I can say up here nobody would know a DCC unless she was in uniform. I wouldn't even know a Patriots cheerleader if she walked by me unless she was in uniform. I wonder if they do not end up with some type of show if the audition number will be even lower. 

I think it’ll be a mix, honestly. There are definitely a lot of candidates that have exposure and marketing opportunities in mind when they try out. I’m honestly fine with that - it’s not like the business world or a zillion other industries and job connections aren’t also built on your personal network and who you know.  So work what you’ve got, ladies!

But no way in hell would I have tried out for the squad with a reality show attached. I’m sure plenty feel that same way! I’ll be curious what next year’s audition pool looks like. Maybe we’ll get more of the bucket list peeps who didn’t want to be on camera, but the open audition might be a thing of the past anyway. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Rumor has it they can't do 5 years anymore.  If they want to try out for a 6th year, they have to take a year off first.

Where did this rumor come from? Is that the speculation why Gina retired?
Even if true, I could see Caroline being allowed to go for a 6th year if her sister decides to audition. Rules change.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Where did this rumor come from? Is that the speculation why Gina retired?
Even if true, I could see Caroline being allowed to go for a 6th year if her sister decides to audition. Rules change.

I see it as what it is... a rumor.  I'm sure if the strong dancers who have good leadership skills wanted to try for a 6th season they'd be told to go for it. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I see it as what it is... a rumor.  I'm sure if the strong dancers who have good leadership skills wanted to try for a 6th season they'd be told to go for it. 

Exactly, they were trying to persuade Jinelle to stay a 6th year after all that Jenna drama. I think if someone is drama-free, they'll bend the rule if it exists!

• Like 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Even if it were a rule, I’m sure it wouldn’t be enforced by the time VK guests to that point!  

any updates how she is doing in camp?  Has show group been announced?  Is VK fitting in well and with whom?  Isn’t most of her rookie class gone?  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Yes, I agree. There is no foundation for the rumour. The focus has always been on good leadership. I think Gina's decision not to return came as a surprise.

• Love 3