Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Too Large

• Start Topic

When the episode started, I was thrown off - who is this gal and why are they starting in the middle of her journey.  They should do a quick recap of who they are and where they started!  I don't remember each and every fatty from the last three-four years I've been watching, just the exceptional ones.

• Love 3
Just now, Suzywriter said:

She was part of We Big But We Pretty.  She and her widowed friend were losing weight together. 

OK, I did not watch that show, so that's why I don't recognize her.

• Love 2

OMG the white dress is really horrible on her.  It really shows every roll of her skin.  That's just evil.    

And her fiance? should stop yessing her to death.  That's not helpful.

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 4
Just now, Hellga said:

OMG the white dress is really horrible on her.  It really shows every roll of her skin.  That's just evil.    

She already has more confidence to actually put that on for the viewing audience.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

And her fiance? should stop yessing her to death.  That's not helpful.

He seems to be happy with anything she puts on. Like, genuinely, disturbingly happy.

• Love 1
Just now, umgoblue said:

She already has more confidence to actually put that on for the viewing audience.

Yes, if I had a dress that highlighted every flaw my body has (an I have tried on plenty of those), I wouldn't let anyone see me like that, wouldn't step out of the dressing room.  No way.  Not even to those who have seen me naked or in a bikini!  Because this is worse than naked.   But must come with the territory, when they sign up for reality TV participation... 

1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I'd go back to the store. None of the dresses were wedding-worthy. 

If it's a casual outdoorsy wedding, the first one could work...  but if there is anything more than a garden party, I second going back to the store.  it must be tough to shop at her size, though, limited selection vs. regular sizes especially for nice dresses... 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

how the hell did she get SKIN cancer on her vajayjay?!?!

It's uncommon, but can happen.  Just like it can happen around anus and perianal area.   While a lot more common on parts of skin that have a lot of sun exposure, skin cancers are, unfortunately, not limited to them. 

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Hellga said:

<snip>  it must be tough to shop at her size, though, limited selection vs. regular sizes especially for nice dresses... 

I've found dressy dresses, like cocktail dresses or what you can wear to a wedding, are the hardest to find even at size 16-18.  They are so matronly and they just don't fit right, and the selection is crap.  Fluffy girls like to wear cute dresses too!  I agree the white dress was horrible.  Her upper arms are nicely shaped so she can pull off the spaghetti strap styles.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, QueBueno said:

I've found dressy dresses, like cocktail dresses or what you can wear to a wedding, are the hardest to find even at size 16-18.  They are so matronly and they just don't fit right, and the selection is crap.  Fluffy girls like to wear cute dresses too!  I agree the white dress was horrible.  Her upper arms are nicely shaped so she can pull off the spaghetti strap styles.

Fashion industry would prefer to stop at size 4 if they could get away with it.  I wear size 10, and many brands build for size 0-2 and then try to scale up, which results in horrible fit.  

At least Meghan seems to know how to dress her body, good for her.  

Edited by Hellga
corrected the name
  • Love 3

Meghan was the first episode of Too Large, called We Be Big But We Be Pretty or something like that), Meghan did very well, and Vanessa spent every penny on massive bags of fast food, and dropped out.      I like the flowered one, but it was a sun dress for the lake side or something, not a wedding dress.     The orange one wasn't great.   The off white one would be great one size bigger.   Why are Meghan and John (?) having a commitment ceremony instead of a wedding?   

Wedding sizing is so much smaller than regular sizing, so I'm wondering if that's why it was so tight?   I think a nice midi dress, in a larger size would work better?   I'd like to see one on her with loose elbow length sleeves, with some lace on them.  

I'm shocked Vanessa came back, but I really don't think she'll commit to the program long-term and stick with it.    

Corey is doing so well.  I really enjoyed him sticking to the program through the Covid shutdowns.   I'm glad he's proud of himself, and in a better place emotionally.      If you don't love yourself, no one else will.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Corey should be losing more than 25 lbs in 3 months right? 

Yup.  But he might be another one of those who think that once they get whatever near-term goal they want, like more mobile, they decide that they are good enough as is and pretty much stop applying effort. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Poor Jazz will need a cross over episode soon. She is an emotional eater.

4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

He is pretentious AF.  Lose the hot air and he would probably lose those other 35 pounds he should have lost in the 3 months since last update. 

His wokeness is a bit exhausting…I get that he had a tough time but he is a little much. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 2

Doc went to the game with them; that was nice.

6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I feel for shauna Rae…that must suck. Likely she gets a lot of creepers and no one at a bar will believe she is 21

I can't imagine the guy who would be okay acting like a couple in public with someone who looks like they're eight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Did he pay for a booth? That is expensive 

3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Doc went to the game with them; that was nice.

I can't imagine the guy who would be okay acting like a couple in public with someone who looks like they're eight.

Maybe she needs to find someone with the same condition? Cops would be called for sure. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Did he pay for a booth? That is expensive 

Maybe the production company paid for that?  Or someone donated it?  

I thought this must be the last episode of the season, but apparently we have another one next week.  Season 1 Episode 1 - about Vanessa and Meghan, actually.  In what world does Episode 1 come after Episode 9?  The mad, mad world of TLC...

• Useful 1