Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for The Gilded Age

• Start Topic

On 5/2/2019 at 8:24 PM, Athena said:

Finally a premiere date!  Premieres January 24 on HBO.

https://ew.com/tv/the-gilded-age-hbo-first-look-julian-fellowes/

Here is a link to a preview:  https://youtu.be/ZYBuU32B8PI

This show looks like it will be good... I am a sucker for anything historical and I will enjoy seeing this time period brought to life by Julian Fellowes.  The conflict between old vs. new money will be interesting.

The music in the preview sounds so very much like the music from the opening credits of the first season of "Medici".  The use of the music in this preview is masterful, I hope the music for the show is like this and this wasn't just done for the preview.

Edited by blackwing
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

It's interesting that after "Upstairs, Downstairs" was a hit in the US, CBS in 1975 produced an American version called "Beacon Hill" which flopped and was cancelled before all the episodes were aired.  Now "Downton Abbey" was a hit in the US and an American version is being produced.

• Useful 1
On 12/20/2021 at 12:10 PM, libgirl2 said:

I really want to see this but don't have HBO. I can get a Roku from the library but it doesn't have that HBO Max, just HBO Now. 

Considering that the show is premiering on the HBO cable channel, I bet you'll be able to see it.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Words said:

HBO Max does not have this available at this time (11:10am Central Time).  Perhaps it will have a set evening time when each weekly episode drops.

I watched it on HBO MAX tonight at the regularly scheduled time. 

(edited)

The official site The Gilded Age Cast & Characters (hbo.com) describes both Oscar, Raikes and Larry as charming.

In Marian "there is a modern streak": "She wants to do something with her life. She wants to be fulfilled." Raikes "understands that Marian’s aunts are very conservative and he’s careful not to overstep any boundaries along the way."  

Edited by Roseanna
taking out a letter