Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E21: Live Top 10 Performances

• Start Topic

I wasn’t impressed with Holly’s Last Dance.  Not sure what happened.  Unfortunate. I may not vote for her.  Like her though.  I did vote for Wendy.  I liked her version of Jolene.  PLUS, she got seriously hurt. How did that happen?  Did she faint?  I liked Jershica.  She has a good voice, imo.  

It’ll be interesting to see how the rest of the performances go.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wasn’t impressed with Holly’s Last Dance.  Not sure what happened.  Unfortunate. I may not vote for her.  Like her though.  I did vote for Wendy.  I liked her version of Jolene.  PLUS, she got seriously hurt. How did that happen?  Did she faint?  I liked Jershica.  She has a good voice, imo.  

I loved Wendy’s Jolene. That was lovely. 

• Love 3

Love, loved Girl Named Tom.  I liked them doing that song.  I’m not a huge Coldplay fan, but have always liked that song.  Overall, it was a good night…..people stepping outside their comfort zones…..worked out pretty well.  

• Love 5
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Wendy tripped over the tele-prompter on stage last week.  It looked like a hard fall.

• Love 1

I’m just starting to watch this, and Holly’s intro sounded like she was going to kill on Last Dance but oooof, that performance was cringetastic.  I feel so bad for her bc she’s a much better singer than that sounded.

Not shocked by Wendy’s injuries—you could see when she went down that she was very dazed at first.  I was more shocked when she seemed fine later on.

• Love 5

I’m glad it just wasn’t my ears who thought that was not a good version of Last Dance.  Ariana couldn’t really think it was great either right? She was just being nice yes?

• Love 5
On 11/29/2021 at 9:03 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Loved Joshua!  He’ll get my votes again.  

See, I thought that song REALLY proved that Joshua is ONLY capable of singing show tunes.  There was no nuance at all - just belting - sort of like Blake's country singer (Lana?) is only capable of singing country.  I think you could give her a hip-hop song and somehow, she would make it country.

On another (very shallow) note - Ariana REALLY needs to rethink her wardrobe.  For the last couple shows, every time the camera catches her, she is adjusting her cleavage.  If you can't be sure your dress will stay where it should be - perhaps you should change it up?

• Love 4
On 11/30/2021 at 12:19 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

Except Holly, Last Dance was very much not good. And who styled Joshua? Palazzo pants and some hybrid suit jacket-kimono with a turtleneck. Just, no.

I didn’t like Holly’s Last Dance or Wendy’s version of Jolene. It sounded like she was in too low of a key to me. JMO.

Joshua sounds like he’d be good on Broadway to me and that’s about it. Even his clothes are theatrical. 

My favorites are Girl Named Tom, Paris and Haley. Jim and Sasha are distant fourth. They were better than they were last week. I think the dad has a better voice and Sasha has more strange presence. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 2

I’m pretty sure the fiddler during Lana’s performance was Ashley Clark of the Clark Brothers (winners of The Next Great American Band back in 2007). I’m always happy to see him pop up as part of tv house bands even though their win didn’t pan out into fame.

Girl Named Tom stood out for me again.

• Useful 1
On 11/30/2021 at 7:13 PM, Valny said:

I’m glad it just wasn’t my ears who thought that was not a good version of Last Dance.  Ariana couldn’t really think it was great either right? She was just being nice yes?

They seldom give constructive criticism. It’s one of my frustrations with The Voice. I know Simon could be harsh on American Idol, but sometimes I miss his honest assessment when someone wasn’t good. 

• Love 6
On 11/30/2021 at 6:13 PM, Valny said:

I haven't finished watching this episode but Holly was not good.  I normally like her but not this week.

Ariana is not going to be critical of her own artist.  Even the other judges try not to be too mean like Simon because then people won't vote for their artists.

• Love 2
On 12/2/2021 at 12:20 PM, realdancemom said:

I haven't finished watching this episode but Holly was not good.  I normally like her but not this week.

Ariana is not going to be critical of her own artist.  Even the other judges try not to be too mean like Simon because then people won't vote for their artists.

I ended up finishing the episode over the weekend.  I hope they never do a challenge week again.  The artists weren't as good because they're forcing them to sing outside their comfort zone.  After this show, they're not going to do that.  My favorite Girl Named Tom didn't even sound good.  Sometimes, like Blake's country girl changed the song so much that it sounded country anyway.  Or maybe it's just her voice that made it sound country.  I just didn't like this week.

• Love 2